Page 51 of 173 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361101151 ... LastLast
Results 501 to 510 of 1725

Thread: Libya: Assault on U.S. consulate Benghazi leaves 4 dead, inc. U.S. Ambassador[W:939]

  1. #501
    Meh...
    MSgt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    18,051

    Re: Libya: Assault on U.S. consulate in Benghazi leaves 4 dead, including U.S. Ambass

    Quote Originally Posted by gunner View Post
    This is the biggest charge placed on European posters by most American users, on this board, and repeated to ad nauseam. They just cant believe it is possible to be critical of a Countries policy and not hate it's population....
    It is very possible to criticize a nation's policies and not its people. We all know this. But lets not pretend that Israel doesn't stand aside in this criticism game.

    The entire globe is full of backwards abusive governments that slaughter their own people, threaten neighbors, and preach hatred. The entire Middle East is full of them. Yet, Israel, for some of you, seem to always take center stage no matter what. Even during the Cold War, with a Soviet Union bearing down on western Europe, Europeans chose to scrutinize Israel's policies. Even as the French were publicly torturing tens of thousands of Muslims in Tunisia in the 1950/1960s, Europeans were so intently interested in Israel's behaviors. Why is that? Oh....because of policies that most of you don't even know? They are so bad that Soviet nuclear missiles and Iranian nuclear ambitions are minor? Israeli policies are so decrepit that the policies throughout the rest of the region that call for the oppression and slaughter of tribal people within Islam go unnoticed and dismissed? With Iran constantly threatening and funding terrorists activity, Israel is the one under the microspcope? The first thing Israel haters do when something happens to Israelis is wait for a retaliation so as to jump all over bad behavior.

    Jews, it would seem, are the ones not to get away with anything. How dare they be victims of Europe and now defend themselves against regional neighboring Muslims. The natural deflection amongst those who go out of there way to scrutinize Israel's policies are simply using it to display a disgust for Jews without saying it. Without Isreal, many of you would be more honest about what you really criticize. Most Americans on this board just don't let you get away with it. I mean..you are the continent that perfected their cleansings and genocides and sent them to create a home in the Middle East, right? Today you choose to be interested in the single Jewish nation on earth and pretend it's just about the policies? Nobody buys it.

    MSgt
    Semper Fidelis
    USMC

  2. #502
    On Vacation
    joko104's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 04:30 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    31,569
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Libya: Assault on U.S. consulate in Benghazi leaves 4 dead, including U.S. Ambass

    The violent religious Islamic jihad fundamentalists continue to engage in their war on freedom of speech and freedom of and from religion. They do so because what most endangers them is freedom of speech and freedom of and from religion - which poises danger of losing their power over their largely illiterate, uneducated essentially slaves following their raging messages of the foulest of bigotries, racism, sexism and essentially slavery - by which they enslave half a billion people to protect their own theocratic tyrannical power and wealth.

    We can NOT yield to their war on freedom of speech and war on freedom of and from religion - a war they wage with deathly violence all over the world and have been doing so for decades.

    Because those religious leaders call for violence and attacks against people, using their enslaved zombie followers as their soldiers, they and their HQs (mosques) are valid, legitimate military targets - as are communication centers upon which they issue their war communications (their radio, TV and newpaper outlets.

    When Americans - individual, as a society and our government - should apologize for and try to suppress our - or anyone - expressing freedom of speech and freedom of religion is exactly never, not for a second - and our response to violence and threats of violence against those who would or do express their views on religion should be known. That response should be overwhelm, intense and without mercy massive military counter attack with even greater massive freedom of speech counter messaging.

    Never, not for a second, should we yield in the slightest to the most violent, murderous and dangerous religious zealots war on freedom of/from religion and freedom of speech. That IS what the war is. It is a war with and against the murderous ignorance and bigotries they demand and war to expand. The attack was an act of war. Appeasement - ie apology or blame freedom of speech - is intolerable.

  3. #503
    Sage
    gunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    uk
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    6,365

    Re: Libya: Assault on U.S. consulate in Benghazi leaves 4 dead, including U.S. Ambass

    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    What would that be? Killing the Innocent, the UnArmed. As they are afraid to come across those that have no Conscience? Those that wont play and will rip their heart out and eat it Right there in front of all their lil buddies?

    Why do you think they run from such?
    Think your worst thoughts. Never be surprised how low a terrorist will stoop.

    Paul
    RIP THE EUROPEAN FORUM 2016

  4. #504
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Libya: Assault on U.S. consulate in Benghazi leaves 4 dead, including U.S. Ambass

    Quote Originally Posted by MSgt View Post
    First of all, the list is endless because everything is offensive to Muslims.
    Then we ignore the silly bastards, or respond in kind.

    Second, one wouldn't go out of his way to paint "**** Jesus" on the side of a bus and park it at a church or "**** Darkie" on a bus and park it in the ghetto if they weren't expecting a rise, maybe even a violent retaliation from somebody.
    Doing such a thing is ignorant and so is any violent response. If a Muslim was to call Canadians "mothers to all dogs", for example, we would just laugh at them. We'd have to consider the source.
    This person should except the responsibility of his obvious provocation, because nobody tuning in would be surprised with his bruises.
    No. It's a sticks and stones situation.

    I don't see burning Qu'rans (Bibles) as a simple hapless display of freedom simply because the needless offense is against Muslims. And since this recent violent event wasn't entirely based on this video, there's no sense in adding it to the category. But the truth is that this "director" merely wanted to express his personal hatreds...not "whistle blow the religion" for which even the dumbest of authors have done a better educational job through books.
    I'll not defend the work but will defend his right to produce it. I don't need an explanation as to his motives, only that he be allowed to exercise his freedom of expression, no matter how ridiculous or offensive it may be.

  5. #505
    Sage
    Sherman123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Northeast US
    Last Seen
    11-23-17 @ 11:12 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    7,774

    Re: Libya: Assault on U.S. consulate in Benghazi leaves 4 dead, including U.S. Ambass

    Quote Originally Posted by Andalublue View Post
    I think the difference in our attitudes, and this is not remotely a general difference between European and American attitudes, is that I believe in the right of free speech tempered by sensitivity to others and a sense that everyone who exercises that right also has a responsability to weigh the possible consequences of saying what they wish to say. This seems to be something that people like you, Terry Jones, Geert Wilders, that film-maker refuse to accept. And, btw, no right is absolute.
    I don't recall seeing that line in the Constitution. "Congress shall make no law abridging free speech, but if people are not responsible then the law shall fall upon their shoulders." It is a fundamental right, and it is not abridged because it may cause offense. We accept the consequences of being a nation that protects free speech, and suffer together what may come, just as we do with all of our other rights.

  6. #506
    Meh...
    MSgt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    18,051

    Re: Libya: Assault on U.S. consulate in Benghazi leaves 4 dead, including U.S. Ambass

    Quote Originally Posted by joko104 View Post
    Given the outrageous bigotry against African-Americans in that brief message of yours, I am confident you look for every excuse you can find to post and say "n.gger" as your term for African-Americans.

    Your message is a god-damn f...king collection of racism and lies.

    In fact, going into a ghetto (name one you've ever been in) and shouting "n..gger" will not get you killed. Doing so while being aggressive towards someone might result in a fight.

    In fact, if a person was murdered "in a ghetto" after shouting "n..gger," the murderer would be prosecuted and convicted if proven.

    Since you presume that all "ghettos" are occupied by"n..ggers" (your word and of course that is totally false - and where you appear to think black people belong too) - that racist presumption of yours also pointing to how grossly bigoted your message is. All ghettos are NOT African-American communities.

    Finally, I can state with certainty that in fact you will not hear the word "n..gger" 1/1oth as often anywhere than that word is used - and shouted - within an African-American ghetto.

    Sincerely,
    Joko
    Former African-American Ghetto resident

    PS.
    However, I fully agree there are such at thing as fighting words and believe in "jungle law" and that some words justify usage of violence. Ridiculing a religion is not such an instance.
    You prove my point. The word alone is enough to freak you out. Did you really leave the ghetto? Because your reactionary post proves how easy it is to irresponsibly incite violence. Did I just provoke you? I guess that's just my hapless irresponsible rights, huh?
    Last edited by MSgt; 09-12-12 at 04:38 PM.

    MSgt
    Semper Fidelis
    USMC

  7. #507
    User
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Last Seen
    09-26-12 @ 10:44 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    139

    Re: Libya: Assault on U.S. consulate in Benghazi leaves 4 dead, including U.S. Ambass

    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    Wesley Snipes thought he was Cool to.....especially when he said Screw paying taxes. Notice where his azz is.
    Yes he thought he could stand up against the IRS slavery machine, but like the rest of Americans who are FORCED to pay taxes even if they do not agree or even when some Americans cite religious beliefs that preclude them from participating in a system they do not believe in, the US government WILL step in with FORCE (make) anyone not SUBMITTING to bow down and pay or else!

    Gotta love that freedom (even if its false freedom) and the fact that you are obligated to the government !

    YOU ARE A SLAVE At that my friend is called reality,

  8. #508
    global liberation

    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    66,435

    Re: Libya: Assault on U.S. consulate in Benghazi leaves 4 dead, including U.S. Ambass

    Quote Originally Posted by Andalublue View Post
    I believe in the right of free speech tempered by sensitivity to others and a sense that everyone who exercises that right also has a responsability to weigh the possible consequences of saying what they wish to say.
    Like I said, the Euro-pansified version of free speech.

  9. #509
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Libya: Assault on U.S. consulate in Benghazi leaves 4 dead, including U.S. Ambass

    Quote Originally Posted by Andalublue View Post
    I think the difference in our attitudes, and this is not remotely a general difference between European and American attitudes, is that I believe in the right of free speech tempered by sensitivity to others and a sense that everyone who exercises that right also has a responsability to weigh the possible consequences of saying what they wish to say. This seems to be something that people like you, Terry Jones, Geert Wilders, that film-maker refuse to accept. And, btw, no right is absolute.
    Yes, that is the difference to a large degree.

    Europeans believe in "tempered" free speech (and we can see where that got them) whereas most Americans, as exemplified in their Constitution, believe in "untempered" free speech.

  10. #510
    Guru
    Ben K.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Dublin, Ireland
    Last Seen
    12-14-17 @ 02:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,717

    Re: Libya: Assault on U.S. consulate in Benghazi leaves 4 dead, including U.S. Ambass

    Quote Originally Posted by mbig View Post
    Some good points but I Disagree with your conclusion.
    There are PLENTY of anti-Jewish and anti-Christian videos on youtube made by people of other faiths, including Islam.
    Even the Mainstream Arabic Press/Media/TV are Regularly filled with anti-semitca.
    Who riots and kills?



    What conclusion do you disagree with? I honestly dont know what youre arguing against...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •