Page 47 of 173 FirstFirst ... 3745464748495797147 ... LastLast
Results 461 to 470 of 1725

Thread: Libya: Assault on U.S. consulate Benghazi leaves 4 dead, inc. U.S. Ambassador[W:939]

  1. #461
    global liberation

    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    66,325

    Re: Libya: Assault on U.S. consulate in Benghazi leaves 4 dead, including U.S. Ambass

    Quote Originally Posted by Andalublue View Post
    Who sounds like the vassal in this scenario?
    THAT's your "evidence"? hahaha

  2. #462
    Global Moderator
    Bodhidarma approves bigly
    Andalublue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Granada, España
    Last Seen
    11-29-17 @ 01:21 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    26,111

    Re: Libya: Assault on U.S. consulate in Benghazi leaves 4 dead, including U.S. Ambass

    Quote Originally Posted by Gardener View Post
    Yeah, cause everybody knows they call Israel the Swedish homeland and all......
    S'okay, I already knew that you can't tell the difference.
    "The crisis will end when fear changes sides" - Pablo Iglesias Turrión

    "Austerity is used as a cover to reconfigure society and increase inequality and injustice." - Jeremy Corbyn

  3. #463
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Libya: Assault on U.S. consulate in Benghazi leaves 4 dead, including U.S. Ambass

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    Just because you don't go after them doesn't mean that they won't go after you. Isolationism has to work in multiple ways in order to function properly.
    While I understand that, I'm not going to excuse interventionist forever war as an acceptable and proper solution to such a problem.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  4. #464
    onomatopoeic
    mbig's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    04-20-17 @ 08:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,350

    Re: Libya: Assault on U.S. consulate in Benghazi leaves 4 dead, including U.S. Ambass

    Quote Originally Posted by Ben K. View Post
    I assume his movie was aimed at troglodyte elements of the far right of which he is a member.

    However it is unlikely he foresaw this reaction. Because the movie was out for a year and only became a problem for Libyans and Egyptians when someone translated it into Arabic. Who did I wonder? Probably a troglodyte element of the Islamist movement, just in time for a 9/11 anniversary. Then we have troglodyte leftists trying to defer responsibility from those who actually deserve it - those that organised it (I assume the person who translated the film was part n parcel of this also) and took part in the attacks.
    Some good points but I Disagree with your conclusion.
    There are PLENTY of anti-Jewish and anti-Christian videos on youtube made by people of other faiths, including Islam.
    Even the Mainstream Arabic Press/Media/TV are Regularly filled with anti-semitca.
    Who riots and kills?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ann Coulter 2-15-06
    "..The amazing part of the great Danish cartoon caper isn't that Muslims immediately engage in acts of mob violence when things don't go their way. That is de rigueur for the Religion of Peace. Their immediate response to all bad news is mass violence. That's a "dog bites man" story and belongs on page B-34, next to the grade school hot lunch menu and the birth notices.

    After an Egyptian ferry capsized recently, killing hundreds of passengers, a whole braying mob of passengers' relatives staged an organized attack on the company, throwing furniture out the window and burning the building to the ground. Witnesses say it was the most violent ocean liner-related incident since Carnival Cruise Lines fired Kathie Lee Gifford.

    The "offense to Islam" ruse is merely an excuse for Muslims to revert to their default mode: rioting and setting things on fire. These people have a serious anger management problem.
    So it's not exactly a scoop that Muslims are engaging in violence. A front-page story would be "Offended Muslims Remain Calm."

    What is stunning about this spectacle is that their violence is working. With a few exceptions, the media won't show the cartoons that incited mass violence around the globe (..available at this site). And yet, week after week, American patriots endure "The Boondocks" without complaint. Where's the justice here?.'..."
    Last edited by mbig; 09-12-12 at 04:05 PM.
    I'm personally sick of not being able to dunk a basketball because of racism.
    anon

  5. #465
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Libya: Assault on U.S. consulate in Benghazi leaves 4 dead, including U.S. Ambass

    Quote Originally Posted by MSgt View Post
    Maybe she is exercising a bit of common sense and intelligence? Go to a ghetto and scream "nigger!" If you wind up dead, nobody will exonerate you of responsibility for causing your own death. Provocation, masked as freedom of speech, is ignorant.
    Cartoons cause provocation and violence, movies cause provocation and violence, books cause provocation and violence, advertising causes provocation and violence. The list appears to be endless.

    What do you suggest the western world do in order to be sure we never provoke Muslims?

  6. #466
    global liberation

    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    66,325

    Re: Libya: Assault on U.S. consulate in Benghazi leaves 4 dead, including U.S. Ambass

    Quote Originally Posted by Andalublue View Post
    It's still a pretty crass, inflamatory and discriminatory thing to do, making a film with the direct intention of being provocative and insulting.
    Oh, please. Here comes that Euro-version of free speech.

  7. #467
    Meh...
    MSgt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 03:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    17,986

    Re: Libya: Assault on U.S. consulate in Benghazi leaves 4 dead, including U.S. Ambass

    Quote Originally Posted by joko104 View Post
    While Israel isn't nice to everyone, I have exorbitant sympathy for them so cut them a lot of slack, given Jews are still the most threatened, endangered and hated people on earth. However many Americans see Jews as some privileged class so don't grasp that reality.
    Christian Rightests.

    Quote Originally Posted by joko104 View Post
    The luckiest break Jews got is when Protestant Christian reversed its stance, deciding Jews are "God's chosen people" rather than "Murderer of Christ," to back up Jews right to exist amongst the human race. But for that, and that Jews established a TINY home base (Israel) both to escape to and from which to fight back from, Jews would still be hunted down all over the world as they have been for centuries and in many parts of the world still are.
    The unsung joke here is how Muslims (namely Ottoman Turks) helped create Israel. Muslims had been inviting Jews out of Russia (where they were persecuted before Germans made it a fashion) to live in the Lavent. They sold land to Jews. Eventually the British were dealing with Palestinians and Zionists who were battling over historical rights. Disecting the territory and offerring statehood to both became the only choice the UN could have made without completely upheaving either tribe. Israel accepted statehood. Palestinians did not (though today whine about not having statehood). And it was Muslim leaders from the five invading Muslim nations the day after Israel declared soveriegnty that encouraged Palestinians to move out of the way for the "liberating" Muslim forces that screwed them out of home. Today, these refugees rot in camps in Jordan, Egypt, and Lebanon never being offerred citizenship from any of them and forever designated as the UNs longest lasting welfare case.

    MSgt
    Semper Fidelis
    USMC

  8. #468
    Sage
    gunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    uk
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    6,365

    Re: Libya: Assault on U.S. consulate in Benghazi leaves 4 dead, including U.S. Ambass

    Quote Originally Posted by MSgt View Post
    I believe it is the other way around in that you don't see the difference between Jews and Israel. You hate Israel....for what reason? Did this nation do something to you? No. Yet you choose, out of al the countries on earth, to have this seething negativity towards the single nation composed almost entirely of Jews. You are the obvious anti-semite and you try to mask it by trying to isolate it to a nation...that has done absolutely nothing to you.

    If you actually cared to look beyond your simple bigotry, you wuold see that Israel is the single location in the Middle east where Muslims of all tribes are free to worship as they wish without persecution. Arab is a national language. Street signs are written in Arabic. The Israeli government holds Muslim representation. Find that in any Muslim government. But you dislike...Israel? Must be the Jew in it.
    This is the biggest charge placed on European posters by most American users, on this board, and repeated to ad nauseam. They just cant believe it is possible to be critical of a Countries policy and not hate it's population....
    RIP THE EUROPEAN FORUM 2016

  9. #469
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    08-09-13 @ 08:14 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    11,600

    Re: Libya: Assault on U.S. consulate in Benghazi leaves 4 dead, including U.S. Ambass

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    Cartoons cause provocation and violence, movies cause provocation and violence, books cause provocation and violence, advertising causes provocation and violence. The list appears to be endless.

    What do you suggest the western world do in order to be sure we never provoke Muslims?
    You know there are thousands and thousands of Americans who have lived and worked all over the Arab world without incident for the past 7 decades.

  10. #470
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: Libya: Assault on U.S. consulate in Benghazi leaves 4 dead, including U.S. Ambass

    The U.S. embassy had put out a statement earlier on Tuesday condemning "misguided individuals" who hurt the religious feelings of Muslims or followers of other religions.

    "We firmly reject the actions by those who abuse the universal right of free speech to hurt the religious beliefs of others," the U.S. embassy said in its statement.....snip~


    Team Obama's first released statement.


    Although it was not clear which film prompted the protests, Egypt's prestigious Al-Azhar mosque and seat of Sunni learning condemned on Tuesday a symbolic "trial" of the Prophet organized by a U.S. group including Terry Jones, a Christian pastor who triggered riots in Afghanistan in 2010 by threatening to burn the Koran.....snip~

    Egyptians angry at film scale U.S. embassy walls - Yahoo! News


    Funny how they haven't given the Name of that SUNNI Cleric that Spoke out and condemmned this Movie that was made last year.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •