Page 36 of 173 FirstFirst ... 2634353637384686136 ... LastLast
Results 351 to 360 of 1725

Thread: Libya: Assault on U.S. consulate Benghazi leaves 4 dead, inc. U.S. Ambassador[W:939]

  1. #351
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Last Seen
    12-29-15 @ 10:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    3,747

    Re: Libya: Assault on U.S. consulate in Benghazi leaves 4 dead, including U.S. Ambass

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    It is absurd. I'm tired of this mantra of "oh terrorists are gonna get us, we have to curtail our freedom!". It's ridiculous. I'm not going to let terrorists dictate MY exercise of rights. Whether it be some guy making a movie, or being treated like a god damned human being at the airport or the government not spying on us without a warrant. But this behavior is seen on both sides, both sides are ridiculous and are looking to curtail my exercise of rights because they're afraid of some piss ant terrorists. And living in all this fear, look at what we've done to ourselves. We've succeeded in depriving ourselves of freedom to much greater degree than any terrorist organization could ever hope to accomplish.

    It's time to stop being a bunch of pussies.
    Yes. It is absurd. I was agreeing with you. But in this thread, what you are objecting to, and finding "absurd", is a mantra coming from the left.

  2. #352
    Dungeon Master
    anti socialist

    X Factor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Texas Proud
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 04:24 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    44,721

    Re: Libya: Assault on U.S. consulate in Benghazi leaves 4 dead, including U.S. Ambass

    Quote Originally Posted by cpwill View Post
    Ah yes. The "she was dressed that way so she wanted to be raped" argument.
    Amazing, isn't, that there are those who would rather we curb or restrict our right to free speech in order to appease those that would murder over a You Tube video. It took all of like three posts for this thread to become about Terry Jones. Unbelievable and sad. I hope the majority of this country, though quiet about it, know exactly where anger and fault deserve to lie.
    Last edited by X Factor; 09-12-12 at 02:54 PM.

  3. #353
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Libya: Assault on U.S. consulate in Benghazi leaves 4 dead, including U.S. Ambass

    Quote Originally Posted by lizzie View Post
    Personally, I think you are confusing the democrat party as a whole, with liberals, and many democrats are not actually liberals- merely mirror-opposites of those on the right who are authoritarian. You will find liberals among both democrats and republicans, and you will also find authoritarian-types on both sides of the aisle. It seems to be the authoritarians on the left who are predominantly at the forefront of the dem party currently.
    It's all fascism. We want to deflect and say socialism this and that blah blah blah. But if you look at both parties, they are both about party control, restricted choices and closed down political competition, corporate capitalism, forever war, expansion of government, big brother policies, etc. Which is fascism, and it's time to call it what it is.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  4. #354
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    08-09-13 @ 08:14 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    11,600

    Re: Libya: Assault on U.S. consulate in Benghazi leaves 4 dead, including U.S. Ambass

    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    That's not true. You immediately blamed a movie and told us all how the release of that movie excuses the violence.
    I NEVER said the movie excusd anything.. The producer/directer said he KNEW the movie would cause riots.

    Now it gets weirder... There is no record of Sam Bacile.

    Sam Bacile claims he is an Israeli citizen, but Israel has NO record of his citizenship.

    What We Know About Sam Bacile, The Man Behind The Muhammad Movie : The Two-Way : NPR

  5. #355
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Libya: Assault on U.S. consulate in Benghazi leaves 4 dead, including U.S. Ambass

    Quote Originally Posted by Eighty Deuce View Post
    Yes. It is absurd. I was agreeing with you. But in this thread, what you are objecting to, and finding "absurd", is a mantra coming from the left.
    No, I am objecting to the DNC platform has to having any relevancy in this discussion.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  6. #356
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Last Seen
    12-29-15 @ 10:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    3,747

    Re: Libya: Assault on U.S. consulate in Benghazi leaves 4 dead, including U.S. Ambass

    Quote Originally Posted by lizzie View Post
    Personally, I think you are confusing the democrat party as a whole, with liberals, and many democrats are not actually liberals- merely mirror-opposites of those on the right who are authoritarian. You will find liberals among both democrats and republicans, and you will also find authoritarian-types on both sides of the aisle. It seems to be the authoritarians on the left who are predominantly at the forefront of the dem party currently.
    When roughly half the delgates at the National Convention express their desire to take "God" out of the platform (as it had been deliberately removed), and not recognize Jerusalem ...........

    .......... its a Democrat thing. ........

  7. #357
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Libya: Assault on U.S. consulate in Benghazi leaves 4 dead, including U.S. Ambass

    Quote Originally Posted by Eighty Deuce View Post
    When roughly half the delgates at the National Convention express their desire to take "God" out of the platform (as it had been deliberately removed), and not recognize Jerusalem ...........

    .......... its a Democrat thing. ........
    Take god out of the platform, gods have nothing to do with politics. And Israel can care for its own damned self.

    <--- Not a Democrat.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  8. #358
    Cynical Optimist
    jambalaya's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Columbia, SC
    Last Seen
    11-28-12 @ 05:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    2,481

    Re: Libya: Assault on U.S. consulate in Benghazi leaves 4 dead, including U.S. Ambass

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Just wow! I didn't realize Barnicle was that far gone.
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

  9. #359
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Last Seen
    12-29-15 @ 10:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    3,747

    Re: Libya: Assault on U.S. consulate in Benghazi leaves 4 dead, including U.S. Ambass

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    No, I am objecting to the DNC platform has to having any relevancy in this discussion.
    Its not the platform. Its the attitudes and beliefs of members towards two specific issues that illustrated the larger contempt for a Christian God, and for Israel.

    And it is joined-at-the-hip with why you see the house-liberals here blaming the movie by the Jew.

  10. #360
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: Libya: Assault on U.S. consulate in Benghazi leaves 4 dead, including U.S. Ambass

    Quote Originally Posted by sharon View Post
    I NEVER said the movie excusd anything.. The producer/directer said he KNEW the movie would cause riots.

    Now it gets weirder... There is no record of Sam Bacile.

    Sam Bacile claims he is an Israeli citizen, but Israel has NO record of his citizenship.

    What We Know About Sam Bacile, The Man Behind The Muhammad Movie : The Two-Way : NPR


    What does the Quran say about attacking innocents that did not bring any affront to Islam? So where are ALL those Muslims to bring down that Holy Fire upon their own?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •