Page 131 of 173 FirstFirst ... 3181121129130131132133141 ... LastLast
Results 1,301 to 1,310 of 1725

Thread: Libya: Assault on U.S. consulate Benghazi leaves 4 dead, inc. U.S. Ambassador[W:939]

  1. #1301
    Guru
    Ben K.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Dublin, Ireland
    Last Seen
    12-14-17 @ 02:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,717

    Libya: Assault on U.S. consulate Benghazi leaves 4 dead, inc. U.S. Ambassador[W:939]

    Quote Originally Posted by Klown View Post

    As an Australian,
    I didn't see that coming.

  2. #1302
    Sage
    gunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    uk
    Last Seen
    12-16-17 @ 10:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    6,365

    Re: Libya: Assault on U.S. consulate in Benghazi leaves 4 dead, including U.S. Ambass

    Quote Originally Posted by Klown View Post
    I didnt realise that the Taliban were responsible for 9/11?
    Who's talking about 9/11?

    Paul
    RIP THE EUROPEAN FORUM 2016

  3. #1303
    Global Moderator
    Bodhidarma approves bigly
    Andalublue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Granada, España
    Last Seen
    12-16-17 @ 01:21 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    26,111

    Re: Libya: Assault on U.S. consulate in Benghazi leaves 4 dead, including U.S. Ambass

    Quote Originally Posted by Higgins86 View Post
    finally watched parts of the "movie" that has caused these events and I would like to withdraw my statements yesterday when I said the American gov should do more to stop hate speech as it endangers the troops. I withdraw that statement because the video is so bad that im honestly shocked Arab Muslims are taking it seriously!
    I think you're wrong. I think it works just fine as an excuse for extremist elements, demagogues and psychopaths to keep on keeping on. This video has never been a cause of the unrest, just an excuse for it. I suspect not more than 1-in-30 of the demonstrators supposedly outraged by it have actually seen it.
    "The crisis will end when fear changes sides" - Pablo Iglesias Turrión

    "Austerity is used as a cover to reconfigure society and increase inequality and injustice." - Jeremy Corbyn

  4. #1304
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    08-09-13 @ 08:14 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    11,600

    Re: Libya: Assault on U.S. consulate in Benghazi leaves 4 dead, including U.S. Ambass

    Quote Originally Posted by Andalublue View Post
    I think you're wrong. I think it works just fine as an excuse for extremist elements, demagogues and psychopaths to keep on keeping on. This video has never been a cause of the unrest, just an excuse for it. I suspect not more than 1-in-30 of the demonstrators supposedly outraged by it have actually seen it.
    Nuts.. Look at how incensed some Americans were over TeleTubbies, the Passion of the Christ, the Harry Potter Books and the Davinci Code.

  5. #1305
    Global Moderator
    Bodhidarma approves bigly
    Andalublue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Granada, España
    Last Seen
    12-16-17 @ 01:21 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    26,111

    Re: Libya: Assault on U.S. consulate in Benghazi leaves 4 dead, including U.S. Ambass

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    why are you trying to justify the murders a bunch of idiot radical muslims perpetuated. Someone should be able to make movies about their prophet having sex with camels and that would not justify ANY Violence and those who did become violent should be exterminated for being violent criminals. NO Christians rioted and killed people when some artist put a crucifix in urine. No anglican priest shot Ian Anderson when he sang songs like "MY GOD" which lambastes "the bloody church of england in chains on history"

    Jews have been smeared in movies for years-it goes back to plays with "Shylock" the greedy Jew. They aren't killing people

    THe sad fact is-its a sizable number of Muslims that go bonkers when their prophet is smeared =or in many cases-depicted truthfully and there is absolutely no excuse whatsoever for that sort of idiocy
    Talk about ignoring the elephant in the room. You think all this violence across the MENA area is just about people being hyper-sensitive to religious insults? You think it has nothing to do with western interference, the propping up of authoritarian military dictatorships, the geo-politics of oil, or drone attacks on civilians? Nah! Must be all about cartoons of Mohammed.
    "The crisis will end when fear changes sides" - Pablo Iglesias Turrión

    "Austerity is used as a cover to reconfigure society and increase inequality and injustice." - Jeremy Corbyn

  6. #1306
    Global Moderator
    Bodhidarma approves bigly
    Andalublue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Granada, España
    Last Seen
    12-16-17 @ 01:21 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    26,111

    Re: Libya: Assault on U.S. consulate in Benghazi leaves 4 dead, including U.S. Ambass

    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    Who were we killing in Libya and Egypt?
    Well, you/we propped up Mubarak, Sadat even Gadaffi for decades. I think the peoples of those countries see the US as complicit in those years of repression, murder and corruption, and they're not entirely wrong.
    "The crisis will end when fear changes sides" - Pablo Iglesias Turrión

    "Austerity is used as a cover to reconfigure society and increase inequality and injustice." - Jeremy Corbyn

  7. #1307
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,343

    Re: Libya: Assault on U.S. consulate in Benghazi leaves 4 dead, including U.S. Ambass

    Quote Originally Posted by sharon View Post
    Nuts.. Look at how incensed some Americans were over TeleTubbies, the Passion of the Christ, the Harry Potter Books and the Davinci Code.

    Well, you ignored my earlier questions to you, so I doubt that you will honestly respond to this one but it should be pointed out anyway....Tell me Sharon, of those Americans mad about the things you outlined above, how many attacked those they felt responsible for them? How many did they kill? Were there even any protests in the streets over these things? No.

    Your comparison is some sort of flawed moral relativism, that is frankly laughable.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  8. #1308
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,343

    Re: Libya: Assault on U.S. consulate in Benghazi leaves 4 dead, including U.S. Ambass

    Quote Originally Posted by Andalublue View Post
    Well, you/we propped up Mubarak, Sadat even Gadaffi for decades. I think the peoples of those countries see the US as complicit in those years of repression, murder and corruption, and they're not entirely wrong.
    And the US helped liberate them from those people...Now, there's gratitude for ya.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  9. #1309
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    08-09-13 @ 08:14 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    11,600

    Re: Libya: Assault on U.S. consulate in Benghazi leaves 4 dead, including U.S. Ambass

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Well, you ignored my earlier questions to you, so I doubt that you will honestly respond to this one but it should be pointed out anyway....Tell me Sharon, of those Americans mad about the things you outlined above, how many attacked those they felt responsible for them? How many did they kill? Were there even any protests in the streets over these things? No.

    Your comparison is some sort of flawed moral relativism, that is frankly laughable.
    You have to decide if you think all the people protesting the film are killers or if the killers were AQ who arrived in pick-up trucks with RPGs.

  10. #1310
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,343

    Re: Libya: Assault on U.S. consulate in Benghazi leaves 4 dead, including U.S. Ambass

    Quote Originally Posted by Andalublue View Post
    Talk about ignoring the elephant in the room. You think all this violence across the MENA area is just about people being hyper-sensitive to religious insults? You think it has nothing to do with western interference, the propping up of authoritarian military dictatorships, the geo-politics of oil, or drone attacks on civilians? Nah! Must be all about cartoons of Mohammed.

    Fine, then we should just leave these 8th century throw backs to their own devise, and pull our people, pull our money, and tell them to eat their oil.....See how that works out.....Oh, and BTW, when we do that we do it with a very clear message....'You attack Israel? We Nuke you.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •