Page 119 of 173 FirstFirst ... 1969109117118119120121129169 ... LastLast
Results 1,181 to 1,190 of 1725

Thread: Libya: Assault on U.S. consulate Benghazi leaves 4 dead, inc. U.S. Ambassador[W:939]

  1. #1181
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: Libya: Assault on U.S. consulate in Benghazi leaves 4 dead, including U.S. Ambass

    Quote Originally Posted by Das Sozialist View Post
    Where did it say they left 1000s of leaflets saying they would be back?

    The American official said there was no claim of responsibility.

    But a security official in Benghazi said the attack was claimed by the Prisoner Omar Abdelrahman Group, which had left a letter "threatening American interests" in Libya.

    On May 22, the same group claimed an attack on the offices of the International Committee of the Red Cross.

    US mission in Libya's Benghazi attacked: embassy - Hindustan Times
    AFP Tripoli, June 06, 2012<<<<<


    One security guys says leaflets another says a letter.

  2. #1182
    global liberation

    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    66,359

    Re: Libya: Assault on U.S. consulate in Benghazi leaves 4 dead, including U.S. Ambass

    Quote Originally Posted by Das Sozialist View Post
    They most likely do, but that doesn't change the fact that the Embassy was not opened under the Obama Administration, why would he be concerned about that specific Embassy?
    To be fair, one might wanna check on the embassy construction after the country's government falls unexpectedly. The situation there changed drastically and that should prompt such considerations.

    I don't blame Obama for this any more than I blame Bush for 9/11 (something coulda maybe been done, but it's not so much their direct job). But we should always learn from our errors. And not reconsidering the embassy construction after the government falls in violent overthrow seems pretty weak.

  3. #1183
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: Libya: Assault on U.S. consulate in Benghazi leaves 4 dead, including U.S. Ambass

    Quote Originally Posted by Das Sozialist View Post
    The Embassy was opened in 2006. Hilary didn't set anything up.


    Knock the BS off......Hillary Set Stevens up into the building after Gadhafi was killed. As During the Conflict with Qadhafi. Our Embassies were closed and our people evacuated out Remember?

  4. #1184
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Long Island, New York
    Last Seen
    10-12-14 @ 05:21 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    407

    Re: Libya: Assault on U.S. consulate in Benghazi leaves 4 dead, including U.S. Ambass

    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    The American official said there was no claim of responsibility.

    But a security official in Benghazi said the attack was claimed by the Prisoner Omar Abdelrahman Group, which had left a letter "threatening American interests" in Libya.

    On May 22, the same group claimed an attack on the offices of the International Committee of the Red Cross.

    US mission in Libya's Benghazi attacked: embassy - Hindustan Times
    AFP Tripoli, June 06, 2012<<<<<


    One security guys says leaflets another says a letter.
    We get terrorists threats every second of every day, and following that attack we asked the Libyans to increase our embassies security, reinforced windows and doors probably didn't seem necessary.

  5. #1185
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: Libya: Assault on U.S. consulate in Benghazi leaves 4 dead, including U.S. Ambass

    Quote Originally Posted by Das Sozialist View Post
    We get terrorists threats every second of every day, and following that attack we asked the Libyans to increase our embassies security, reinforced windows and doors probably didn't seem necessary.

    UHOO Brutha.....When did the Libyan Civil War Come to an end? When did the US remove the No FLy Zone? What date was Gadhafi killed on?

    Capece.....got it now!

  6. #1186
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Long Island, New York
    Last Seen
    10-12-14 @ 05:21 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    407

    Re: Libya: Assault on U.S. consulate in Benghazi leaves 4 dead, including U.S. Ambass

    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    Knock the BS off......Hillary Set Stevens up into the building after Gadhafi was killed. As During the Conflict with Qadhafi. Our Embassies were closed and our people evacuated out Remember?
    It's not BS. It's the same embassy that we have been using since 2006 and it hasn't changed. If the Embassy didn't have any noticeable damage after the war, why would they renovate it?

  7. #1187
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Long Island, New York
    Last Seen
    10-12-14 @ 05:21 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    407

    Re: Libya: Assault on U.S. consulate in Benghazi leaves 4 dead, including U.S. Ambass

    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    UHOO Brutha.....When did the Libyan Civil War Come to an end? When did the US remove the No FLy Zone? What date was Gadhafi killed on?

    Capece.....got it now!
    In December of last year.

    What are you trying to get at?

  8. #1188
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: Libya: Assault on U.S. consulate in Benghazi leaves 4 dead, including U.S. Ambass

    Quote Originally Posted by Das Sozialist View Post
    It's not BS. It's the same embassy that we have been using since 2006 and it hasn't changed. If the Embassy didn't have any noticeable damage after the war, why would they renovate it?

    UHOO Brutha.....When did the Libyan Civil War Come to an end? When did the US remove the No FLy Zone? What date was Gadhafi killed on?

    Capece.....got it now!


    Do you think Gadhafi was killed in 2006? Our Embassies were Emptied out and evacuated. Hillary became SOS in 2008. The day she stepped in. This became her responsiblity. Not who Orignially did what back in 2006.

    Our People were removed, all equipment taken with them. Stevens was staying in a Hotel with Reporters. She sent him back, they restocked. They didnt reiniforce. Their slack, fault, incompetance, whatever you want to call it.....lies completely on them.

  9. #1189
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Long Island, New York
    Last Seen
    10-12-14 @ 05:21 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    407

    Re: Libya: Assault on U.S. consulate in Benghazi leaves 4 dead, including U.S. Ambass

    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    UHOO Brutha.....When did the Libyan Civil War Come to an end? When did the US remove the No FLy Zone? What date was Gadhafi killed on?

    Capece.....got it now!


    Do you think Gadhafi was killed in 2006? Our Embassies were Emptied out and evacuated. Hillary became SOS in 2008. The day she stepped in. This became her responsiblity. Not who Orignially did what back in 2006.

    Our People were removed, all equipment taken with them. Stevens was staying in a Hotel with Reporters. She sent him back, they restocked. They didnt reiniforce. Their slack, fault, incompetance, whatever you want to call it.....lies completely on them.
    If it wasn't reinforced prior to the war and there was no noticeable damage after, why would it be repaired afterward if it was holding up just fine before?

  10. #1190
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: Libya: Assault on U.S. consulate in Benghazi leaves 4 dead, including U.S. Ambass

    Quote Originally Posted by Das Sozialist View Post
    If it wasn't reinforced prior to the war and there was no noticeable damage, why would it be repaired afterward?

    Uhm the gates were Blown open in June a letter or some leaflets were left.....the Brits Ambassador was almost assasinated. How many clues does the left need to figure it out that they need more than MS Plum in the kitchen?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •