Page 106 of 173 FirstFirst ... 65696104105106107108116156 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,060 of 1725

Thread: Libya: Assault on U.S. consulate Benghazi leaves 4 dead, inc. U.S. Ambassador[W:939]

  1. #1051
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Libya: Assault on U.S. consulate in Benghazi leaves 4 dead, including U.S. Ambass

    Quote Originally Posted by Dittohead not! View Post
    First, I didn't attack or insult you, so made no "ad hominem" attacks.
    No, you made an ad hominem attack on the alternative candidates. You also said these candidates would be "much worse" without describing how or in what area.

    You also claimed " Holy crap, we'd have been missing Obama in a week". Really? For what reason?

    Secondly, I did state an opinion that the names I mentioned would have been worse than Obama. That is just an opinion, you understand, and without being able to actually elect one of the clow.. I mean candidates that I've named, there is no way to prove or disprove it.
    Right.

    Thirdly, there is little difference in the policies of Obama vs those of his predecessor.
    Then Obama deserves to be much lower in the polls than he is and only those without clue would vote for him. I agree.

  2. #1052
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Libya: Assault on U.S. consulate in Benghazi leaves 4 dead, including U.S. Ambass

    Quote Originally Posted by rocket88 View Post
    I'm not saying he did, but replacing one unqualified man with another doesn't make either of them qualified. To hear the same crowd who crowed about how unqualified Obama was now say Eastwood is qualified...why? Because he's a Republican?
    Probably because Eastwood has proven successes in his life, has run very large businesses and has also had political experience.

    If the electorate are willing to bet on slogans such 'Hope and Change" the hackneyed theme of every political candidate, rather than substance, what does it matter who the candidate might be?

  3. #1053
    onomatopoeic
    mbig's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    04-20-17 @ 08:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,350

    Re: Libya: Assault on U.S. consulate in Benghazi leaves 4 dead, including U.S. Ambass

    Quote Originally Posted by andalublue
    What tradition is that?
    Quote Originally Posted by mbig
    The tradition that cleansed the Arabian Peninsula of Jews and others under various... pretexts. The 'sword verses' in general in fact. ..
    Many of Mohammed's attacks/Massacres used Pretext.
    Thus I signed my post with my two handles making sure abu afak was bolded....
    Quote Originally Posted by andalublue
    I see, so incitement is only reprehensible when a Moslem does it. Gotcha.
    Quote Originally Posted by mbig
    ...This vid was not new and the reaction Not throughout the Arab or Muslim world. Just where some sought to make it an issue/rallying cry.
    It's still early in the investigation, but speculation is it may even have been a planned attack with or without al-Qaeda's help.
    That 'incitement'.
    Now this:

    Libya Attack Said To Be 2-Part Militant Assault
    By OSAMA ALFITORY 09/13/12 11:37 AM ET
    Libya Attack Said To Be 2-Part Militant Assault
    BENGHAZI, Libya -- A senior security official says the attack that killed four Americans in Libya, including the U.S. ambassador, was an organized two-part operation by heavily armed militants that included a precisely timed raid on a supposedly secret safe house just as Libyan and U.S. security forces were arriving to rescue evacuated consulate staff.

    Wanis al-Sharef, eastern Libya's deputy interior minister, said on Thursday the attacks were suspected to have been timed to mark the 9/11 anniversary and that the Militants USED civilians protesting an anti-Islam film as COVER for their action.

    He said Ambassador Chris Stevens and another American were killed in the consulate as plainclothes Libyan security were evacuating them to the safe house. The second assault targeted the safe house, killing two Americans and wounding nearly about 30 Libyans and Americans."....."
    That "pretext"

    And I repeat the fact your analogy Stunk.
    Youtube is Not "a crowded theater". It's Understood, Even in the Arab World, that anyone can upload anything and it does Not represent 'America'.
    The attack was by thousands of Islamic/Islamist zealots and Used by even more Radical ones as a Pretext. Islam 101.
    Last edited by mbig; 09-13-12 at 03:05 PM.
    I'm personally sick of not being able to dunk a basketball because of racism.
    anon

  4. #1054
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Last Seen
    08-19-16 @ 02:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    5,243

    Re: Libya: Assault on U.S. consulate in Benghazi leaves 4 dead, including U.S. Ambass

    Quote Originally Posted by rocket88 View Post
    No, it really is that they don't get the kinds of freedoms we have, just like we can't comprehend not having them. We can't comprehend violence like this because it simply isn't what it's like here. It's like as a straight guy, I don't get what's appealing about penises. It's just not my experience.

    I'm not saying that we owe all sorts of apologies to everyone, but they simply don't understand our freedoms because they've never had them. The violence is a result of that being the way things have always been settled there. You're not going to change thousands of years in 6 months.
    Irrelevant. If they have suffered for lack of freedoms it was not at our hands. Attacking those who put them in that position may be understandable. Our perspective is as the attacked. There has been well over a decade of sympathy and diplomacy to no avail. I would even suggest that our "compassion" (or weakness) has made us more of a target.

    Ever have to deal with a bully in school? I did. I was sick as a kid (tuberculosis) and so was smaller than the other kids my age. Didn't really start to catch up until about the 10th grade. When I was dealing with bullies my mother would tell me to ignore them and they would stop. She called the schools a couple of times and they couldn't stop it. What finally DID stop it was the day I had enough and took out the most aggressive of them, hospitalizing a kid nearly twice my size. That was the last time I had to deal with that. Even his friends backed down. 6 months of heavy bombing would be more than enough to fix the problem.

  5. #1055
    Student John.NoseTip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Music City
    Last Seen
    10-17-12 @ 08:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    287

    Re: Libya: Assault on U.S. consulate in Benghazi leaves 4 dead, including U.S. Ambass

    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    Sorry, not clicky. I'm not gonna swim through your google search. Fact is, the US operates drones at the host country's approval - thus not violating international law. And drone use does not, in and of itself, constitute a crime against humanity.
    The links work when I click them. I must have a magic box. I knew Linux was good but I had no idea that links worked on it that didn't work anywhere else in the world. I think I'll send them an email about a new marketing angle for their os.

  6. #1056
    global liberation

    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    66,325

    Re: Libya: Assault on U.S. consulate in Benghazi leaves 4 dead, including U.S. Ambass

    Quote Originally Posted by John.NoseTip View Post
    The links work when I click them. I must have a magic box. I knew Linux was good but I had no idea that links worked on it that didn't work anywhere else in the world. I think I'll send them an email about a new marketing angle for their os.
    I meant I'm not gonna click on your links and fish for your BS interpretation myself. Put it out there, let's see what you got. This hiding behind documents and hoping that someone will understand your warped perspective, if they just look hard enough, is lame. You think people haven't seen that before? You think you just discovered previously unknown publications? Spell out the insane position you take, nice and clear, or I'm done.

  7. #1057
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,137

    Re: Libya: Assault on U.S. consulate in Benghazi leaves 4 dead, including U.S. Ambass

    Quote Originally Posted by tech30528 View Post
    Irrelevant. If they have suffered for lack of freedoms it was not at our hands. Attacking those who put them in that position may be understandable. Our perspective is as the attacked. There has been well over a decade of sympathy and diplomacy to no avail. I would even suggest that our "compassion" (or weakness) has made us more of a target.
    They already did attack those who put them in that position in Libya. Sort of in Egypt. That doesn't make the societal problems from years of repression suddenly go away. In their minds, the US government OK'd this film, and therefore is in the wrong. That doesn't make them right, but it is why this is happening.

    So your solution is to go to war with these governments because of the actions of some citizens? That seems like a pointless waste of resources if you ask me. It's just gonna set up another dictator in those places. That whole Gaddafi thing worked out so well for us....

    You're arguing with a strawman of what you want my arguments to be. I'm not saying "compassion, compassion, let's all sing Kum Ba Ya." I'm simply stating that these are the reasons we are being attacked. I don't know what we do about it, but carpet-bombing Tripoli doesn't seem like it would solve anything here.


    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    This issue has been plowed more times than Paris Hilton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oborosen View Post
    Too bad we have to observe human rights.

  8. #1058
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,137

    Re: Libya: Assault on U.S. consulate in Benghazi leaves 4 dead, including U.S. Ambass

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    Probably because Eastwood has proven successes in his life, has run very large businesses and has also had political experience.

    If the electorate are willing to bet on slogans such 'Hope and Change" the hackneyed theme of every political candidate, rather than substance, what does it matter who the candidate might be?
    Right, so since the electorate is so easily fooled, it's all OK if the Republicans do it too.


    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    This issue has been plowed more times than Paris Hilton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oborosen View Post
    Too bad we have to observe human rights.

  9. #1059
    Student John.NoseTip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Music City
    Last Seen
    10-17-12 @ 08:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    287

    Re: Libya: Assault on U.S. consulate in Benghazi leaves 4 dead, including U.S. Ambass

    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    I meant I'm not gonna click on your links and fish for your BS interpretation myself. Put it out there, let's see what you got. This hiding behind documents and hoping that someone will understand your warped perspective, if they just look hard enough, is lame. You think people haven't seen that before? You think you just discovered previously unknown publications? Spell out the insane position you take, nice and clear, or I'm done.
    Personal attacks very nice. Pointing out what people in other countries including ,the UN Human Rights commission, think about our drone attacks seems rational to me but to each his own.

  10. #1060
    global liberation

    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    66,325

    Re: Libya: Assault on U.S. consulate in Benghazi leaves 4 dead, including U.S. Ambass

    Quote Originally Posted by John.NoseTip View Post
    Personal attacks very nice.
    It's not a personal attack. I attacked your position/argument. I said nothing about you personally.

    And your response is as lame as I expected.
    Last edited by ecofarm; 09-13-12 at 03:49 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •