Page 105 of 173 FirstFirst ... 55595103104105106107115155 ... LastLast
Results 1,041 to 1,050 of 1725

Thread: Libya: Assault on U.S. consulate Benghazi leaves 4 dead, inc. U.S. Ambassador[W:939]

  1. #1041
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Last Seen
    08-19-16 @ 02:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    5,243

    Re: Libya: Assault on U.S. consulate in Benghazi leaves 4 dead, including U.S. Ambass

    Quote Originally Posted by rocket88 View Post
    It's because to them, a film has the imprimatur of the government. Mostly because all the movies there are like that. In that mindset, this is the USA insulting their religion. It's easy for us to say, "Well, some asshole made a dumb movie, but he has a right to his point of view" because that's what it's like here. Anybody with a video camera can make any movie they want to here. There, the government clamps down on you if you do anything that's not their view of reality.

    Meanwhile the patent hypocrisy of the "whatever is politically correct, I do the opposite" crowd is on full view here. It always gets turned into how persecuted Christians and Jews are, and fomenting a "holy war" because you don't like their "holy war."
    No it isn't. it would be unfair to assume that these people are not intelligent. They understand full well the PCness of our society (as ridiculous as it is) and will use any excuse to do as they please including kill Americans. Using the movie as an excuse will cause us to collectively sit back and contemplate the error of OUR ways, as if ever more sensitivity on our side would have made any difference. It wouldn't have. These are radical nutjobs and there is only one way to stop them. Given that they are not afraid to die (at least individually) we need to find a way to reach the reasoning part of their brains. I would suggest that we don't target those who commited the act as much as we make it clear that this kind of action will lead to the the eradication of their blood line. In other words, identify the perpetrators (I'm sure there is video surviellance) and destroy the village where they came from with extreme prejudice. the lesson is that you can attack America if you like, but it will cause the destruction of everything and everyone you know. You can not cure their type of sickness, and we ought not play their manipulative games. The message to the Lybian government should be that they have 24 hours to turn over those responsible or they will be held responsible for harboring them. Empty the consulate (since they clearly intended to destroy it anyway) and start there. That would be the first target. Level it. Turn it to glass. No more aid to the country. And if we still don't get the bad guys delivered, the next round expands that perimeter until there is nothing left of the country. This is not a reasonable group that can be dealt with, it is a cancer on humanity and needs to be UNAPOLOGETICALLY eliminated. I don't have a problem with Muslims, only the dangerous nut job Muslims. And if the rest of them can not reign in their own than they are harboring them and will be collateral damage in our efforts for self preservation. This has gone on long enough, it's time to end it.

  2. #1042
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Libya: Assault on U.S. consulate in Benghazi leaves 4 dead, including U.S. Ambass

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    You can't charge someone who was merely exercising a right.
    It depends where that right was occurring, perhaps, and whether the consequences were intended and deliberate..

  3. #1043
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Libya: Assault on U.S. consulate in Benghazi leaves 4 dead, including U.S. Ambass

    Quote Originally Posted by Dittohead not! View Post
    and yet the Republicans came up with several who would have been much worse. President Cain? Bachmann? Perry? Holy crap, we'd have been missing Obama in a week. At least they did have the wit to pick the one sane candidate among all of them. Whether he can get elected remains to be seen, not being "conservative" enough and all, but at least he is a viable candidate.
    How could any of them have been worse than Obama?

    Rather than ad hominem attacks, why not specify where Obama's policies have proved superior to the other candidates you mentioned, or indeed any other American.

    BHO has enjoyed no success in any area. If you are satisfied with failure then it really doesn't matter who is President.

  4. #1044
    Sage
    Dittohead not!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The Golden State
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    41,580

    Re: Libya: Assault on U.S. consulate in Benghazi leaves 4 dead, including U.S. Ambass

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    How could any of them have been worse than Obama?

    Rather than ad hominem attacks, why not specify where Obama's policies have proved superior to the other candidates you mentioned, or indeed any other American.

    BHO has enjoyed no success in any area. If you are satisfied with failure then it really doesn't matter who is President.
    First, I didn't attack or insult you, so made no "ad hominem" attacks.

    Secondly, I did state an opinion that the names I mentioned would have been worse than Obama. That is just an opinion, you understand, and without being able to actually elect one of the clow.. I mean candidates that I've named, there is no way to prove or disprove it.

    Thirdly, there is little difference in the policies of Obama vs those of his predecessor.
    "Donald Trump is a phony, a fraud... [he's] playing the American public for suckers." Mitt Romney

  5. #1045
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,183

    Re: Libya: Assault on U.S. consulate in Benghazi leaves 4 dead, including U.S. Ambass

    Quote Originally Posted by 4Horsemen View Post
    Why not? He served as Mayor for 2-3 terms in Cali so he must've been doing something right to get re-elected so many times.

    'I'd vote for him before I vote for Bozo Brim again.
    Being mayor of a small town for a few years qualifies one to be President? Seriously?

    You'd vote for anyone over Obama, no matter what he did. You made up your mind the minute he was elected that you weren't voting for him in '12 either. Stop pretending like his policies have made any difference.


    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    This issue has been plowed more times than Paris Hilton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oborosen View Post
    Too bad we have to observe human rights.

  6. #1046
    Sage

    Mason66's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,475

    Re: Libya: Assault on U.S. consulate in Benghazi leaves 4 dead, including U.S. Ambass

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    Those who committed the crime, as well as those who aided and abetted, should be charged with the full responsibility.
    I know that. My question was for the people that are blaming the film makers for this planned 9/11 attack.

  7. #1047
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: Libya: Assault on U.S. consulate in Benghazi leaves 4 dead, including U.S. Ambass

    Quote Originally Posted by Dittohead not! View Post
    First, I didn't attack or insult you, so made no "ad hominem" attacks.

    Secondly, I did state an opinion that the names I mentioned would have been worse than Obama. That is just an opinion, you understand, and without being able to actually elect one of the clow.. I mean candidates that I've named, there is no way to prove or disprove it.

    Thirdly, there is little difference in the policies of Obama vs those of his predecessor.
    Well.....Except for the Increased Spending, expansion of government into individual's rights and tossing aside the Constitution.....except for when needed and then tossed. I can agree with you. As there is no difference between Neo-Cons and Neo-Libs. Save one.....Who's gonna be in charge.

  8. #1048
    Sage

    Mason66's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,475

    Re: Libya: Assault on U.S. consulate in Benghazi leaves 4 dead, including U.S. Ambass

    Quote Originally Posted by rocket88 View Post
    Being mayor of a small town for a few years qualifies one to be President? Seriously?

    You'd vote for anyone over Obama, no matter what he did. You made up your mind the minute he was elected that you weren't voting for him in '12 either. Stop pretending like his policies have made any difference.
    Please don't act like Obama had any experience in his life to qualify him to be President before he was elected.

  9. #1049
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,183

    Re: Libya: Assault on U.S. consulate in Benghazi leaves 4 dead, including U.S. Ambass

    Quote Originally Posted by tech30528 View Post
    No it isn't. it would be unfair to assume that these people are not intelligent. They understand full well the PCness of our society (as ridiculous as it is) and will use any excuse to do as they please including kill Americans. Using the movie as an excuse will cause us to collectively sit back and contemplate the error of OUR ways, as if ever more sensitivity on our side would have made any difference. It wouldn't have. These are radical nutjobs and there is only one way to stop them. Given that they are not afraid to die (at least individually) we need to find a way to reach the reasoning part of their brains. I would suggest that we don't target those who commited the act as much as we make it clear that this kind of action will lead to the the eradication of their blood line. In other words, identify the perpetrators (I'm sure there is video surviellance) and destroy the village where they came from with extreme prejudice. the lesson is that you can attack America if you like, but it will cause the destruction of everything and everyone you know. You can not cure their type of sickness, and we ought not play their manipulative games. The message to the Lybian government should be that they have 24 hours to turn over those responsible or they will be held responsible for harboring them. Empty the consulate (since they clearly intended to destroy it anyway) and start there. That would be the first target. Level it. Turn it to glass. No more aid to the country. And if we still don't get the bad guys delivered, the next round expands that perimeter until there is nothing left of the country. This is not a reasonable group that can be dealt with, it is a cancer on humanity and needs to be UNAPOLOGETICALLY eliminated. I don't have a problem with Muslims, only the dangerous nut job Muslims. And if the rest of them can not reign in their own than they are harboring them and will be collateral damage in our efforts for self preservation. This has gone on long enough, it's time to end it.
    No, it really is that they don't get the kinds of freedoms we have, just like we can't comprehend not having them. We can't comprehend violence like this because it simply isn't what it's like here. It's like as a straight guy, I don't get what's appealing about penises. It's just not my experience.

    I'm not saying that we owe all sorts of apologies to everyone, but they simply don't understand our freedoms because they've never had them. The violence is a result of that being the way things have always been settled there. You're not going to change thousands of years in 6 months.


    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    This issue has been plowed more times than Paris Hilton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oborosen View Post
    Too bad we have to observe human rights.

  10. #1050
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,183

    Re: Libya: Assault on U.S. consulate in Benghazi leaves 4 dead, including U.S. Ambass

    Quote Originally Posted by Mason66 View Post
    Please don't act like Obama had any experience in his life to qualify him to be President before he was elected.
    I'm not saying he did, but replacing one unqualified man with another doesn't make either of them qualified. To hear the same crowd who crowed about how unqualified Obama was now say Eastwood is qualified...why? Because he's a Republican?


    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    This issue has been plowed more times than Paris Hilton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oborosen View Post
    Too bad we have to observe human rights.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •