Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 57

Thread: Taliban say they hope to kidnap or assassinate Prince Harry

  1. #41
    Klattu Verata Nicto
    LaMidRighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    30,534

    Re: Taliban say they hope to kidnap or assassinate Prince Harry

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    The Brits won't escalate things because Harry get's nabbed, or offed.
    I disagree, the British take the safety of their royal family VERY seriously. In fact harming a royal would probably bring more anger to that country than a United States assassination IMHO, not playing down our response but rather by comparison showing just how strongly the U.K.'s feelings are for the throne. I fimly believe that harming Prince Harry would bring a ****storm of epic proportions to that region.
    Neither side in an argument can find the truth when both make an absolute claim on it.

    LMR

  2. #42
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: Taliban say they hope to kidnap or assassinate Prince Harry

    Quote Originally Posted by TOJ View Post
    You probably shouldn't throw stones. That glass house thingie, ya know.

    The USA did nothing when the Iranians took over the USA embassy except a halfass rescue attempt. When that turned into a complete failure, y'all just curled up in the fetal position until Iran got bored.

    .

    Now that it is quite funny......perhaps some history should be re-read. Or did you forget what the CIA did to get 6 Hostages out of Iran. That the inept Iranians couldnt quite even figure out what was going on. Knew the 6 had escaped.

    But as usual.....couldn't do anything about it. Except for their usual Shiznit talkin. Which the Iranians are real good at one thing......TALK!

  3. #43
    Guru

    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:57 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,469

    Re: Taliban say they hope to kidnap or assassinate Prince Harry

    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    Now that it is quite funny......perhaps some history should be re-read. Or did you forget what the CIA did to get 6 Hostages out of Iran. That the inept Iranians couldnt quite even figure out what was going on. Knew the 6 had escaped.

    But as usual.....couldn't do anything about it. Except for their usual Shiznit talkin. Which the Iranians are real good at one thing......TALK!
    And how many were left to whatever fate awaited them while Iranians laughed at the Great (impotent) Satan?

    .

  4. #44
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: Taliban say they hope to kidnap or assassinate Prince Harry

    Quote Originally Posted by TOJ View Post
    And how many were left to whatever fate awaited them while Iranians laughed at the Great (impotent) Satan?

    .
    None were just left to any fate. Which is why as Soon as Reagan was elected......Iran knew a cowboy was in the office and they Immediately capitulated. For they knew with Certainty that Reagan would put up that Wanted Posted. Course it would have only said one thing. WANTED DEAD! Which we all know the Iranian Theocracy had already went and hid under the rocks where they were accustom to.



    O.....I.....C.....still confused over who is that Great Satan. You know some religions think the EGG is the symbol of the Soul!

    Did I mention.....I likes mine Raw and as Hor-Dourves! That would be ALL EGGS from the ME.

  5. #45
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,219

    Re: Taliban say they hope to kidnap or assassinate Prince Harry

    Quote Originally Posted by LaMidRighter View Post
    I disagree, the British take the safety of their royal family VERY seriously. In fact harming a royal would probably bring more anger to that country than a United States assassination IMHO, not playing down our response but rather by comparison showing just how strongly the U.K.'s feelings are for the throne. I fimly believe that harming Prince Harry would bring a ****storm of epic proportions to that region.
    I'm not saying they going to nothing. Of course they'll negotiate and/or send in some SAS operators at the first oppurtunity.

    However, get all up in arms and go mideival on the bad guys? That ain't gonna happen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  6. #46
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Taliban say they hope to kidnap or assassinate Prince Harry

    Ahh, good ol' regicide.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  7. #47
    Klattu Verata Nicto
    LaMidRighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    30,534

    Re: Taliban say they hope to kidnap or assassinate Prince Harry

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    I'm not saying they going to nothing. Of course they'll negotiate and/or send in some SAS operators at the first oppurtunity.

    However, get all up in arms and go mideival on the bad guys? That ain't gonna happen.
    I dunno man. A royal hasn't been in distress deliberately for a long time, but Britain fervently loves them. Try saying **** the queen in London, will not end well.
    Neither side in an argument can find the truth when both make an absolute claim on it.

    LMR

  8. #48
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: Taliban say they hope to kidnap or assassinate Prince Harry

    Quote Originally Posted by LaMidRighter View Post
    I dunno man. A royal hasn't been in distress deliberately for a long time, but Britain fervently loves them. Try saying **** the queen in London, will not end well.


    Depends.....Perception, is always the telling factor.

  9. #49
    Guru

    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:57 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,469

    Re: Taliban say they hope to kidnap or assassinate Prince Harry

    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    None were just left to any fate. Which is why as Soon as Reagan was elected......

    ...
    The Iranians succeeded in embarrassing the USA for months. They showed that the USA, under Carter, was impotent. Many think the Iranian hostages are a big reason Carter lost and that changed the course of USA history.

    They have been thumbing their nose at the USA for years and you do nothing.

    .

  10. #50
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: Taliban say they hope to kidnap or assassinate Prince Harry

    Quote Originally Posted by TOJ View Post
    The Iranians succeeded in embarrassing the USA for months. They showed that the USA, under Carter, was impotent. Many think the Iranian hostages are a big reason Carter lost and that changed the course of USA history.

    They have been thumbing their nose at the USA for years and you do nothing.

    .

    Seems Iran is surrounded isn't it? I know it's difficult to understand. Isolation being forced upon one by the 800lb Gorilla in the room. With no place to run and no place to hide. Now all those pipelines being set up with refineries and avoiding the Persian Gulf. Puts that perspective all into play. Course the Iranians not knowing about the Canadians and the CIA getting those other 6 hostages out of Iran and not for quite a few years later. Kindashows how well informed the Iranians are.

    See thats the problem with the Iranians. While they look for PR and the Camera.....the US just keeps that strategy and tactics rollin on down the line. As we all know that the US isn't gonna go down in the History Books for being a bully to a Paper-Tiger.

    Course maybe the real Persians aren't interested about anything to do with the Shia.....and are just waiting for the day to take back whats Rightly theirs. Could be a thought concerning why the Eagle hasnt come to fetch it's dinner!

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •