Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 115

Thread: Canada cuts ties with Iran, closes embassy, orders Iranian diplomats home

  1. #101
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    08-09-13 @ 08:14 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    11,600

    Re: Canada cuts ties with Iran, closes embassy, orders Iranian diplomats home

    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    Actually it's not to complicated at all. Seems the West has gambled that Sunni Arabs know how to conduct themselves as Democracies. IMO.....a Major Mistake!

    Anyone know if Canada is backing Obama and the Syrian Situation? I mean I have heard Canada speak out about the Atorcities that Assad was committing. But I have yet to hear them say anything about the Sunni Arabs of the FSA using Children to mount offensives against Assad. Nor anything about those Christians they were massacring while playing War!

    Why should the West Just give the Sunni Arabs another Country to Rule?
    Forget democracy for the moment. Democracy is organic.

    Many of the FSA are Defectors from the Syrian Army.. .I don't know anything about child soldiers, but there has never been any shortage of rumors and accusations in the ME.

    I would tend to support Sunnis over Shias.. While I know some really sharp Shia's like Ali Naimi, for the most part I find them to be "volatile".. Saudi Arabia's Shia tend to be loyal, but a crisis can still send them over the edge. I have seen that up close and personal.

    Syria has a Sunni majority and both the well to do and the middle class in Syria are Sunni. IMO the best hope for democratic reforms comes from an educated middle class.

  2. #102
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: Canada cuts ties with Iran, closes embassy, orders Iranian diplomats home

    Quote Originally Posted by sharon View Post
    Forget democracy for the moment. Democracy is organic.

    Many of the FSA are Defectors from the Syrian Army.. .I don't know anything about child soldiers, but there has never been any shortage of rumors and accusations in the ME.

    I would tend to support Sunnis over Shias.. While I know some really sharp Shia's like Ali Naimi, for the most part I find them to be "volatile".. Saudi Arabia's Shia tend to be loyal, but a crisis can still send them over the edge. I have seen that up close and personal.

    Syria has a Sunni majority and both the well to do and the middle class in Syria are Sunni. IMO the best hope for democratic reforms comes from an educated middle class.
    Yes but they are not Alawite and the last remaining bloodline to the orignal Syrians either. Also they werent Child Soldiers. They were Christian Children. Red Cross validated the massacres to, before calling it an All out Civil War. Despite Susan Rice's Always crying about Assad commiting atrocities.

    Also the difference with the Shia is everyone knows what that Agenda is. There is no deceptions that can be played. Now with the Sunni. Thats a complete different story.

  3. #103
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    08-09-13 @ 08:14 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    11,600

    Re: Canada cuts ties with Iran, closes embassy, orders Iranian diplomats home

    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    Yes but they are not Alawite and the last remaining bloodline to the orignal Syrians either. Also they werent Child Soldiers. They were Christian Children. Red Cross validated the massacres to, before calling it an All out Civil War. Despite Susan Rice's Always crying about Assad commiting atrocities.

    Also the difference with the Shia is everyone knows what that Agenda is. There is no deceptions that can be played. Now with the Sunni. Thats a complete different story.
    I don't know what you mean. What is the Shia agenda?

  4. #104
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: Canada cuts ties with Iran, closes embassy, orders Iranian diplomats home

    Quote Originally Posted by sharon View Post
    I don't know what you mean. What is the Shia agenda?
    What is their Religious Doctrine all about? I means Connery somewhat explained it with just those in Iran. Which would lead them to turn around the Oppression by the Sunni and Establish their Caliphate.

  5. #105
    Sit Nomine Digna
    Carjosse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Montreal, QC, Canada
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    11,190

    Re: Canada cuts ties with Iran, closes embassy, orders Iranian diplomats home

    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    Actually it's not to complicated at all. Seems the West has gambled that Sunni Arabs know how to conduct themselves as Democracies. IMO.....a Major Mistake!

    Anyone know if Canada is backing Obama and the Syrian Situation? I mean I have heard Canada speak out about the Atorcities that Assad was committing. But I have yet to hear them say anything about the Sunni Arabs of the FSA using Children to mount offensives against Assad. Nor anything about those Christians they were massacring while playing War!

    Why should the West Just give the Sunni Arabs another Country to Rule?
    Canada supports the Free Syrian rebels but will not send anything but medical supplies to Syria.

  6. #106
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    08-09-13 @ 08:14 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    11,600

    Re: Canada cuts ties with Iran, closes embassy, orders Iranian diplomats home

    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    What is their Religious Doctrine all about? I means Connery somewhat explained it with just those in Iran. Which would lead them to turn around the Oppression by the Sunni and Establish their Caliphate.
    I don't know anyone in the ME who wants a Caliphate. The last one was such a dud and turned the whole region into an illiterate backwater.

    Hussein bin Ali proclaimed himself Caliph in 1924 and was immediately chased off the Arabian peninsula.

    IMO.. the only ones who want a new Caliphate are radicals who actually want a monthly welfare check in perpetuity from the oil producing states.

  7. #107
    Guru

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Last Seen
    11-24-13 @ 11:44 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    3,001

    Re: Canada cuts ties with Iran, closes embassy, orders Iranian diplomats home

    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post

    Why should the West Just give the Sunni Arabs another Country to Rule?
    Exactly. Surely we could find some people who could fill the role of puppet dictator in these countries.

  8. #108
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: Canada cuts ties with Iran, closes embassy, orders Iranian diplomats home

    Quote Originally Posted by sharon View Post
    I don't know anyone in the ME who wants a Caliphate. The last one was such a dud and turned the whole region into an illiterate backwater.

    Hussein bin Ali proclaimed himself Caliph in 1924 and was immediately chased off the Arabian peninsula.

    IMO.. the only ones who want a new Caliphate are radicals who actually want a monthly welfare check in perpetuity from the oil producing states.
    I would talk about how the Berbers might have a different take on that. As well as the Zaydi. But that would be a differnt topic and I think I already took Mya's thread outta the loop on the Canadians and Iran.

    Although it is good to know they are only about sending out medical supplies to Syria. Wish the same could be said of us!

  9. #109
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    08-09-13 @ 08:14 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    11,600

    Re: Canada cuts ties with Iran, closes embassy, orders Iranian diplomats home

    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    I would talk about how the Berbers might have a different take on that. As well as the Zaydi. But that would be a differnt topic and I think I already took Mya's thread outta the loop on the Canadians and Iran.

    Although it is good to know they are only about sending out medical supplies to Syria. Wish the same could be said of us!
    Egypt is sending teachers into the Syrian refugee camps, Saudi Arabia is building 2500 housing units for the Refugees in northern Jordan and the GCC are airlifting food, medicine, blankets etc to them.

    The refugee population is over 240,000 now in Turkey and Jordan (and those are just the ones who have registered).. By all accounts there are 1.2 million Syrians who are displaced internally.

    No question that its a humanitrian crisis.

  10. #110
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: Canada cuts ties with Iran, closes embassy, orders Iranian diplomats home

    Quote Originally Posted by sharon View Post
    Egypt is sending teachers into the Syrian refugee camps, Saudi Arabia is building 2500 housing units for the Refugees in northern Jordan and the GCC are airlifting food, medicine, blankets etc to them.

    The refugee population is over 240,000 now in Turkey and Jordan (and those are just the ones who have registered).. By all accounts there are 1.2 million Syrians who are displaced internally.

    No question that its a humanitrian crisis.
    Mostly Sunni Arabs and Christians for the refugees. Well the MB has been in Syria along with AQ. Both have nothing to do with Syria.....technically, Correct? Do you think the Shia Arabs feel the Same way in Yemen and Bahrain like the Sunni feel in Syria?

    Any reason that those Sunni Overlords shouldn't recieve the same Punishment that Assad is taking?

    Btw just why are all those Christians that have been round for a couple thousand years or so. Backing Assad?

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •