Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 21

Thread: Gallup Poll Shows Bump In Approval For Obama After Convention

  1. #1
    Sage
    lpast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Fla
    Last Seen
    05-21-16 @ 10:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    13,565

    Gallup Poll Shows Bump In Approval For Obama After Convention

    Seems he got a nice bump out of the convention...now we have to see if it holds up


    Those looking for a convention bump may find what they are looking for in the Gallup daily tracking poll, which produced good news on Friday for President Barack Obama.

    Gallup's last three nights of interviewing of adults, conducted Sept. 4 to 6, shows Obama with a 52 percent approval rating, the highest approval percentage reported for Obama on the Gallup tracking poll since May 2011, just after the killing of Osama bin Laden.



    Gallup Poll Shows Bump In Approval For Obama After Convention

  2. #2
    Jedi Master
    Captain America's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:08 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    18,671

    Re: Gallup Poll Shows Bump In Approval For Obama After Convention

    National poll averages have Obama up less than 1%. I wouldn't pop the cork yet.

    Besides, the only polls that are legitimate and accurate are the ones I agree with. LOL!

    It's GREAT to be me. --- "45% liberal/55% conservative"
    Diplomacy is the art of saying 'nice doggy" until you can find a gun.

  3. #3
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:42 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    89,877

    Re: Gallup Poll Shows Bump In Approval For Obama After Convention

    Good news indeed. Lets see if this can stand the red hot heat of right wing vitriol fueled by the seemingly bottomless pockets of the Koch Brothers and their corporate allies through Election Day.

    I tend to doubt it.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  4. #4
    Sage


    MaggieD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Chicago Area
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    43,243
    Blog Entries
    43

    Re: Gallup Poll Shows Bump In Approval For Obama After Convention

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    Good news indeed. Lets see if this can stand the red hot heat of right wing vitriol fueled by the seemingly bottomless pockets of the Koch Brothers and their corporate allies through Election Day.

    I tend to doubt it.
    I'm always so taken that you doubt Obama will win. I'm so sure he will. Just for comparison, did you think Walker would get recalled? I was sure he would be. You? (I'm looking for some tiny assurance that I may be wrong about Obama. )
    The devil whispered in my ear, "You cannot withstand the storm." I whispered back, "I am ​the storm."

  5. #5
    Uncanny
    Paschendale's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    New York City
    Last Seen
    03-31-16 @ 04:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    12,510

    Re: Gallup Poll Shows Bump In Approval For Obama After Convention

    Quote Originally Posted by MaggieD View Post
    I'm always so taken that you doubt Obama will win. I'm so sure he will. Just for comparison, did you think Walker would get recalled? I was sure he would be. You? (I'm looking for some tiny assurance that I may be wrong about Obama. )
    I hope you're right. But don't forget, Walker won his recall election. And it was primarily because of the millions and millions of dollars poured into the campaign by his fourteen billionaire buddies.
    Liberté. Égalité. Fraternité.

  6. #6
    Sage
    Hicup's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Last Seen
    12-07-17 @ 03:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    7,846

    Re: Gallup Poll Shows Bump In Approval For Obama After Convention

    Quote Originally Posted by lpast View Post
    Seems he got a nice bump out of the convention...now we have to see if it holds up


    Those looking for a convention bump may find what they are looking for in the Gallup daily tracking poll, which produced good news on Friday for President Barack Obama.

    Gallup's last three nights of interviewing of adults, conducted Sept. 4 to 6, shows Obama with a 52 percent approval rating, the highest approval percentage reported for Obama on the Gallup tracking poll since May 2011, just after the killing of Osama bin Laden.



    Gallup Poll Shows Bump In Approval For Obama After Convention
    Was this before or after Axlerod sicked the DOJ on them?


    Tim-
    “When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators.” - P. J. O’Rourke
    “Socialism is great until you run out of someone elses money” Margaret Thatcher

  7. #7
    Sage
    lpast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Fla
    Last Seen
    05-21-16 @ 10:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    13,565

    Re: Gallup Poll Shows Bump In Approval For Obama After Convention

    Quote Originally Posted by Hicup View Post
    Was this before or after Axlerod sicked the DOJ on them?


    Tim-

    I think it was after romney/ryan found out that they got NO bump at all from their convention....was too much lieing going on there for public to consume all in one sitting

  8. #8
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:42 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    89,877

    Re: Gallup Poll Shows Bump In Approval For Obama After Convention

    Quote Originally Posted by MaggieD View Post
    I'm always so taken that you doubt Obama will win. I'm so sure he will. Just for comparison, did you think Walker would get recalled? I was sure he would be. You? (I'm looking for some tiny assurance that I may be wrong about Obama. )
    Hoping for Walker to be recalled: YES. Expecting it: NOT REALLY but I still hoped just the same.

    My powers of prediction seem to be less than perfect. So perhaps that is good for Obama?

    I guess at my advanced age Maggie I don't expect the magic to work each and every time.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QwgnDn8ez9g
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  9. #9
    Jedi Master
    Captain America's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:08 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    18,671

    Re: Gallup Poll Shows Bump In Approval For Obama After Convention

    Well, whoever wins will be my president and can count on my loyalty. I am so sick of all this division. It is unimaginable what we could get accomplished if the ideologies would cooperate and compromise. I believe America gets what it deserves. No shortage of stupid to be had these days.

    It's GREAT to be me. --- "45% liberal/55% conservative"
    Diplomacy is the art of saying 'nice doggy" until you can find a gun.

  10. #10
    Sage


    MaggieD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Chicago Area
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    43,243
    Blog Entries
    43

    Re: Gallup Poll Shows Bump In Approval For Obama After Convention

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    Hoping for Walker to be recalled: YES. Expecting it: NOT REALLY but I still hoped just the same.

    My powers of prediction seem to be less than perfect. So perhaps that is good for Obama?

    I guess at my advanced age Maggie I don't expect the magic to work each and every time.

    Little Big Man Chief Dan George Goes up to the mountain to - YouTube
    -- If you remember a movie THAT old, you are ancient!!! (I'm just messin' with ya', Hay. Ya' noes I luvs ya'.)
    The devil whispered in my ear, "You cannot withstand the storm." I whispered back, "I am ​the storm."

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •