Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 48

Thread: August Jobs Report: 96,000

  1. #31
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,616

    Re: August Jobs Report: 96,000

    Quote Originally Posted by avusbluem5 View Post
    Pew Research Poll indicates 57% of voters know the current unemployment rate.

    Now, if only 57% are aware of the most common unemployment statistic... how many do you think know about the U-6 rate?

    Well Known: Clinton and Gadhafi; Little Known: Who Controls Congress | Pew Research Center for the People and the Press
    How pathetic is it that you gleefully rejoice that you are going to 'win' because people are stupid?

  2. #32
    Sage
    pbrauer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    11-27-15 @ 03:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,394

    Re: August Jobs Report: 96,000

    Sure it's disappointing that only 96,000 jobs were created, however we must remember that the month Obama took office there were 818K jobs lost. And because of the financial meltdown of the economy all the credit markets were frozen in the first year Obama was in office. Also during 2007 the average monthly increase was only 92K jobs were created and during 2008 an average 0f 300K jobs were lost per month.

    From bls:

    Employment, Hours, and Earnings from the Current Employment Statistics survey (National)
    1-Month Net Change

    Series Id: CES0000000001
    Seasonally Adjusted
    Super Sector: Total nonfarm
    Industry: Total nonfarm
    NAICS Code: -
    Data Type: ALL EMPLOYEES, THOUSANDS
    Years: 2001 to 2012

    Year Jan Feb Mar Apr May Jun Jul Aug Sep Oct Nov Dec
    2001 -15 63 -28 -282 -44 -128 -125 -155 -243 -331 -295 -178
    2002 -129 -146 -24 -84 -9 47 -100 -11 -55 121 8 -163
    2003 95 -159 -213 -49 -9 0 25 -45 109 197 14 119
    2004 162 44 337 249 310 81 46 122 161 348 63 134
    2005 137 240 141 360 170 243 374 193 66 80 334 160
    2006 283 316 283 181 14 76 209 183 157 -9 204 171
    2007 236 93 190 72 139 75 -40 -18 73 79 112 89
    2008 41 -84 -95 -208 -190 -198 -210 -274 -432 -489 -803 -661
    2009 -818 -724 -799 -692 -361 -482 -339 -231 -199 -202 -42 -171
    2010 -40 -35 189 239 516 -167 -58 -51 -27 220 121 120
    2011 110 220 246 251 54 84 96 85 202 112 157 223
    2012 275 259 143 68 87 45 141 96


  3. #33
    Filmmaker Lawyer Patriot
    Harshaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:51 AM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    29,516

    Re: August Jobs Report: 96,000

    Quote Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post
    Sure it's disappointing that only 96,000 jobs were created, however we must remember that the month Obama took office there were 818K jobs lost.
    Oh, we DO "remember" that it was 43 months ago. Over 3 1/2 years.

    And after "Recovery!" has been declared multiple times.
    “Offing those rich pigs with their own forks and knives, and then eating a meal in the same room, far out! The Weathermen dig Charles Manson.”-- Bernadine Dohrn

  4. #34
    Sage
    pbrauer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    11-27-15 @ 03:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,394

    Re: August Jobs Report: 96,000

    Quote Originally Posted by Harshaw View Post
    Oh, we DO "remember" that it was 43 months ago. Over 3 1/2 years.

    And after "Recovery!" has been declared multiple times.
    And how many times did President Bush tell the American people that the war in Iraq was over?


  5. #35
    Filmmaker Lawyer Patriot
    Harshaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:51 AM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    29,516

    Re: August Jobs Report: 96,000

    Quote Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post
    And how many times did President Bush tell the American people that the war in Iraq was over?
    From my formulation of Obama 2012: The Campaign:

    1) BIN LADEN!

    2) Change subject to Bush.

    Sometimes step 1 is optional, apparently.
    “Offing those rich pigs with their own forks and knives, and then eating a meal in the same room, far out! The Weathermen dig Charles Manson.”-- Bernadine Dohrn

  6. #36
    Teacher of All Things


    Josie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    28,355

    Re: August Jobs Report: 96,000

    Quote Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post
    And how many times did President Bush tell the American people that the war in Iraq was over?
    So you agree that Obama is just as dishonest as you say Bush was. Well, that's some progress toward truth, ain't it?


  7. #37
    Battle Ready
    Grim17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Southwestern U.S.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:41 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    24,122
    Blog Entries
    20

    Re: August Jobs Report: 96,000

    Quote Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post
    Sure it's disappointing that only 96,000 jobs were created, however we must remember that the month Obama took office there were 818K jobs lost. And because of the financial meltdown of the economy all the credit markets were frozen in the first year Obama was in office. Also during 2007 the average monthly increase was only 92K jobs were created and during 2008 an average 0f 300K jobs were lost per month.

    From bls:

    Employment, Hours, and Earnings from the Current Employment Statistics survey (National)
    1-Month Net Change

    Series Id: CES0000000001
    Seasonally Adjusted
    Super Sector: Total nonfarm
    Industry: Total nonfarm
    NAICS Code: -
    Data Type: ALL EMPLOYEES, THOUSANDS
    Years: 2001 to 2012

    Year Jan Feb Mar Apr May Jun Jul Aug Sep Oct Nov Dec
    2001 -15 63 -28 -282 -44 -128 -125 -155 -243 -331 -295 -178
    2002 -129 -146 -24 -84 -9 47 -100 -11 -55 121 8 -163
    2003 95 -159 -213 -49 -9 0 25 -45 109 197 14 119
    2004 162 44 337 249 310 81 46 122 161 348 63 134
    2005 137 240 141 360 170 243 374 193 66 80 334 160
    2006 283 316 283 181 14 76 209 183 157 -9 204 171
    2007 236 93 190 72 139 75 -40 -18 73 79 112 89
    2008 41 -84 -95 -208 -190 -198 -210 -274 -432 -489 -803 -661
    2009 -818 -724 -799 -692 -361 -482 -339 -231 -199 -202 -42 -171
    2010 -40 -35 189 239 516 -167 -58 -51 -27 220 121 120
    2011 110 220 246 251 54 84 96 85 202 112 157 223
    2012 275 259 143 68 87 45 141 96
    See how easy that was to use the correct numbers Pete?

    Putting that aside, you still ignore the fact that the percentage of the available American workforce that's employed is WAY down and the number of jobs created isn't even keeping up with population growth.

  8. #38
    Battle Ready
    Grim17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Southwestern U.S.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:41 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    24,122
    Blog Entries
    20

    Re: August Jobs Report: 96,000

    Quote Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post
    And how many times did President Bush tell the American people that the war in Iraq was over?
    Nice dodge Pete... Now how about you stay on topic?

  9. #39
    Filmmaker Lawyer Patriot
    Harshaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:51 AM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    29,516

    Re: August Jobs Report: 96,000

    As I had posted in the the other thread, here's a stark graphic illustration of one of the most important aspects of employment:

    “Offing those rich pigs with their own forks and knives, and then eating a meal in the same room, far out! The Weathermen dig Charles Manson.”-- Bernadine Dohrn

  10. #40
    Filmmaker Lawyer Patriot
    Harshaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:51 AM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    29,516

    Re: August Jobs Report: 96,000

    Quote Originally Posted by Josie View Post
    So you agree that Obama is just as dishonest as you say Bush was. Well, that's some progress toward truth, ain't it?
    I said earlier that if the best you can do is compare him to whom you consider The Worst President In History (TM), you've got no argument at all.
    “Offing those rich pigs with their own forks and knives, and then eating a meal in the same room, far out! The Weathermen dig Charles Manson.”-- Bernadine Dohrn

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •