Page 7 of 23 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 227

Thread: US economy adds 96K jobs, rate falls to 8.1 pct. [W:123]

  1. #61
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,700

    re: US economy adds 96K jobs, rate falls to 8.1 pct. [W:123]

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    Its a term of endearment like Muffy. A neologism is something completely different ---- like DEATH TAX instead of ESTATE TAX.
    I disagree. The only people using Mittens are the hard core Obama supporters. and death tax does not meet the definition you once supplied

  2. #62
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,700

    re: US economy adds 96K jobs, rate falls to 8.1 pct. [W:123]

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    But that is not what Turtle says. He claims its because there is simply no need to hire any more workers.
    I did not say that. Those who run businesses have to decide if they need new workers based on current demand. At this point they might not need them or they have increased technology to increase output rather than labor

  3. #63
    Dungeon Master
    Somewhere in Babylon
    Jetboogieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Somewhere in Babylon...
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,296
    Blog Entries
    1

    re: US economy adds 96K jobs, rate falls to 8.1 pct. [W:123]

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    I disagree. The only people using Mittens are the hard core Obama supporters.
    So let me get this straight.

    You're all up in arms about the term "mittens"...

    But you have no problem reffering to Obama as the "affirmative action poster child" without any evidence at all that he gained anything in his life through affirmative action...

    Aight.

  4. #64
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,700

    re: US economy adds 96K jobs, rate falls to 8.1 pct. [W:123]

    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    So let me get this straight.

    You're all up in arms about the term "mittens"...

    But you have no problem reffering to Obama as the "affirmative action poster child" without any evidence at all that he gained anything in his life through affirmative action...

    Aight.
    I will send you a PM

  5. #65
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:43 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    89,895

    re: US economy adds 96K jobs, rate falls to 8.1 pct. [W:123]

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    I disagree. The only people using Mittens are the hard core Obama supporters. and death tax does not meet the definition you once supplied
    Its cute how you defend your savior. I like loyalty also. I give my dog a bone in thanks every once in a while.

    Not so cute how you worship Mammon however causing you to subscribe to any system which gives you a tax break and causes you to adopt a neologism. And a professional linguist says otherwise that it is a neologism.......... and you darn well know it because we have been through this time and time again in thread after thread.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  6. #66
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,700

    re: US economy adds 96K jobs, rate falls to 8.1 pct. [W:123]

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    Its cute how you defend your savior. I like loyalty also. I give my dog a bone in thanks every once in a while.

    Not so cute how you worship Mammon however causing you to subscribe to any system which gives you a tax break and causes you to adopt a neologism. And a professional linguist says otherwise that it is a neologism.......... and you darn well know it because we have been through this time and time again in thread after thread.

    I look to myself and my family to "save" me. I couldn't care less what some leftwing loser says. The definition you gave doesn't fit. If everyone understands what a term refers to than it doesn't fit the definition you try to apply to it.

  7. #67
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:43 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    89,895

    re: US economy adds 96K jobs, rate falls to 8.1 pct. [W:123]

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    I did not say that. Those who run businesses have to decide if they need new workers based on current demand. At this point they might not need them or they have increased technology to increase output rather than labor
    So you have NOT taken the position that employers will only hire when they can make money off the exchange?

    If I am wrong about that I am sorry. But I distinctly remember you taking that position many times.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  8. #68
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:43 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    89,895

    re: US economy adds 96K jobs, rate falls to 8.1 pct. [W:123]

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    I look to myself and my family to "save" me. I couldn't care less what some leftwing loser says. The definition you gave doesn't fit. If everyone understands what a term refers to than it doesn't fit the definition you try to apply to it.
    But you certainly do look to Mittens and a hoped for GOP Congress to be your saviour on tax issues.

    Of course you do not care what a professional linguist says. Despite his education, expertise and credentials he does NOT worship before the same altar that you do and that invalidates him in your eyes.

    We understand that.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  9. #69
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,700

    re: US economy adds 96K jobs, rate falls to 8.1 pct. [W:123]

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    So you have NOT taken the position that employers will only hire when they can make money off the exchange?

    If I am wrong about that I am sorry. But I distinctly remember you taking that position many times.
    employers hire when the business environment requires them to increase the commodity known as labor

    that can be due to at least two-and perhaps more reasons

    there is an increase demand on their products that require more labor to meet

    there is no increase in demand but substituting labor for say more expensive technology will least to a decrease in production costs

  10. #70
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:43 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    89,895

    re: US economy adds 96K jobs, rate falls to 8.1 pct. [W:123]

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    employers hire when the business environment requires them to increase the commodity known as labor

    that can be due to at least two-and perhaps more reasons

    there is an increase demand on their products that require more labor to meet

    there is no increase in demand but substituting labor for say more expensive technology will least to a decrease in production costs
    Everything you said there is as I remember it. And as I said - according to you, there is no need right now for companies or employers to hire people and they will not do so until they believe that there is the need you described.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

Page 7 of 23 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •