Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 81

Thread: Food Stamp Use Climbs To Record, Reviving Campaign Issue [W:77]

  1. #31
    Sage
    Born Free's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Sonny and Nice
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 01:53 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    6,396

    re: Food Stamp Use Climbs To Record, Reviving Campaign Issue [W:77]

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    So you want slave labor then. Which is essentially what you get with illegal labor. Well I guess we know what side you come down on. If the company cannot make enough profit to afford workable wages, then perhaps that company shouldn't exist in the first place, yes? Free market and all, though I fear some of y'all say it but don't really understand what it means.
    You make a perfect case to close our border, however Obama is dead set against it, as I'm sure you are. So as long as you allow illegals in this country, people who hire them can pay them illegally whatever they want.
    Liberals - Punish the Successful, Reward the Unsuccessful
    Liberals - Tax, Borrow, Spend, and Give Free Stuff
    Obama's legacy - President Donald Trump

  2. #32
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    re: Food Stamp Use Climbs To Record, Reviving Campaign Issue [W:77]

    Quote Originally Posted by Born Free View Post
    You make a perfect case to close our border, however Obama is dead set against it, as I'm sure you are. So as long as you allow illegals in this country, people who hire them can pay them illegally whatever they want.
    That's fairly well true. However, I wouldn't close our border, proper immigration is good for a country. I would, however, control it better so that we can prevent, or diminish (as the number likely will never be zero), illegal immigration.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  3. #33
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    virginia
    Last Seen
    04-01-13 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    16,881
    Blog Entries
    19

    re: Food Stamp Use Climbs To Record, Reviving Campaign Issue [W:77]

    Quote Originally Posted by The Prof View Post
    Food-Stamp Use Climbs to Record, Reviving Campaign Issue - Bloomberg

    dang, bloomberg, what a racist observation

    next thing you'll be calling him the food stamp president, or something

    maybe the white house shouldn't have been working so hard to push food stamps in our people-of-color communities

    radio ads targeted to blacks, spanish language ads on tv

    food stamps help me eat right, and meet my budget too!

    gas prices---almost doubled since barack obama's inauguration

    wages---down 5 percent

    national debt---up 40%

    unemployment---from 7.8 to 8.3%

    poverty---all time high

    housing---still no basement in sight

    58% of all jobs created during the barack hussein "recovery" earn around 10 to 12 dollars per hour

    utilities up, groceries up, premiums up...

    hope gone

    only division and recrimination remain

    fastest growing food stamp state in america---north carolina

    no wonder mom's fed up

    and not with food stamps

    party on, progressives

    seeya at the polls
    your post is a little racey, isn't it?

  4. #34
    Guru

    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Last Seen
    09-14-16 @ 12:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    4,415

    re: Food Stamp Use Climbs To Record, Reviving Campaign Issue [W:77]

    Quote Originally Posted by tessaesque View Post
    Have you ever taken an economics course?
    Oh, more personal attacks......LOL Go ****yourself.

    Its called history, try it some time.

    Wiki has a great series on labor. READ.

  5. #35
    Bring us a shrubbery!
    tessaesque's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Plano, Texas
    Last Seen
    11-09-17 @ 06:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    15,910

    re: Food Stamp Use Climbs To Record, Reviving Campaign Issue [W:77]

    Quote Originally Posted by 274ina View Post
    Oh, more personal attacks......LOL Go ****yourself.

    Its called history, try it some time.

    Wiki has a great series on labor. READ.
    I wasn't attacking you, I was asking you a question.

    And I asked it because your posts seem to largely ignore or reject very basic laws/rules/theories of economics.

    I was, therefore, curious.

    But with the "Go eff yourself" line you can bet your ass your post was reported.
    "Hmmm...Can't decide if I want to watch "Four Houses" or give myself an Icy Hot pee hole enema..." - Blake Shelton


  6. #36
    Guru

    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Last Seen
    09-14-16 @ 12:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    4,415

    re: Food Stamp Use Climbs To Record, Reviving Campaign Issue [W:77]

    Quote Originally Posted by lizzie View Post
    Ummmm, newsflash. The vast majority of us aren't getting our jobs from Wall Street.
    Ah news flash, YES WE ARE.

    ALL Wall Street

    Walmart
    all fast food, Mcde's, Jack in the box, Burger king,
    all retail - costco, JC penny, mall franchises, etc
    All major Mfg's -
    All tech
    In fact, I cant think of one true small employer at all right now........

  7. #37
    Guru

    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Last Seen
    09-14-16 @ 12:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    4,415

    re: Food Stamp Use Climbs To Record, Reviving Campaign Issue [W:77]

    Quote Originally Posted by tessaesque View Post
    It's more complicated than that. My $20/hour would put him out of business because he'd never be able to compete with the other companies in the area. .
    And your entire argument falls part because they ALL MUST PAY $20 hr. So there is no under cutting on pay.

  8. #38
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    virginia
    Last Seen
    04-01-13 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    16,881
    Blog Entries
    19

    re: Food Stamp Use Climbs To Record, Reviving Campaign Issue [W:77]

    Quote Originally Posted by 274ina View Post
    Ah news flash, YES WE ARE.

    ALL Wall Street

    Walmart
    all fast food, Mcde's, Jack in the box, Burger king,
    all retail - costco, JC penny, mall franchises, etc
    All major Mfg's -
    All tech
    In fact, I cant think of one true small employer at all right now........
    those are mostly low paying boring jobs, imo.

  9. #39
    Bring us a shrubbery!
    tessaesque's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Plano, Texas
    Last Seen
    11-09-17 @ 06:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    15,910

    re: Food Stamp Use Climbs To Record, Reviving Campaign Issue [W:77]

    Quote Originally Posted by 274ina View Post
    And your entire argument falls part because they ALL MUST PAY $20 hr. So there is no under cutting on pay.
    Well, thank you for answering my question....however indirectly.
    "Hmmm...Can't decide if I want to watch "Four Houses" or give myself an Icy Hot pee hole enema..." - Blake Shelton


  10. #40
    Guru

    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Last Seen
    09-14-16 @ 12:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    4,415

    re: Food Stamp Use Climbs To Record, Reviving Campaign Issue [W:77]

    Quote Originally Posted by Born Free View Post
    Take your argument, when you force the minimum wage up, who pays? The consumer pays a higher price for everything, now tell me as an employee that makes over minimum wage where are you going to get the money to pay the higher prices to pay for a higher minimum wage? Because your employer doesn't have to give you nothing.
    And then were does the wage slave get the money to buy a car? or a home?

    Only middle class wages and people can buy anything.......slaves buy NOTHING>

    And the employer WILL PAY BECAUSE ITS THE LAW. And because they really dont like protests and being harrased 24/7 untill they
    DO pay. I have personally done this, start the pay suit, but they pay up in 48hrs because of "direct action"!!! LMAO

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •