Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 61

Thread: Joe Arpaio Investigation Closed; No Federal Charges Will Be Filed Against Him

  1. #41
    Sage
    Cephus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    CA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    29,793

    Re: Joe Arpaio Investigation Closed; No Federal Charges Will Be Filed Against Him

    Quote Originally Posted by liblady View Post
    I think it's around 30%, and I don't think many would vote for him, even if they could. He's an embarrassment to the people of Arizona.
    No he's not, a lot of hispanics vote for him *BECAUSE* he is harshly anti-illegal-alien. Many people who went through the trouble of becoming a legal citizen tend to resent the idiots who just run across the border to make money and then run back home.
    There is nothing demonstrably true that religion can provide the world that cannot be achieved more rationally through entirely secular means.

    Blog me! YouTube me! VidMe me!

  2. #42
    Phonetic Mnemonic
    radcen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Look to your right... I'm that guy.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:10 PM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    33,422

    Re: Joe Arpaio Investigation Closed; No Federal Charges Will Be Filed Against Him

    Quote Originally Posted by PirateMk1 View Post
    Have you been to Arizona? Just in case you havent there is a large population of hispanic people there, and more than a few vote for Arpio. Damn near half the population of the state is hispanic. In some areas its more than half.
    Hispanics, historically, have always been generally conservative, overall. This places them in a hard spot when it comes to American politics, because the people they would most naturally like to align themselves with (conservatives Republicans) take great pains to demonize them, while the other side (liberal Democrats) have been working to, in essence, buy them off with faux friendship and government tolerance. And it's slowly working because the younger generations are leaving their historical family conservative ideals behind and going liberal.

    Sheriff Joe still appeals to many of them, because Sheriff Joe appeals to the base "tough on crime" mentality that brings many in who don't look any deeper than the surface and don't see what damage the undercurrent of "tough on crime" really does to a society. I find it ironic that some of the most ardent Sheriff Joe supporters here will also disapprove of other injustices by other law enforcement people and agencies across the country which, in effect, the same thing and the same mentality.
    If you claim sexual harassment to be wrong, yet you defend anyone on your side for any reason,
    then you are a hypocrite and everything you say on the matter is just babble.

  3. #43
    Resident Martian ;)
    PirateMk1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    California
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:20 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    9,925

    Re: Joe Arpaio Investigation Closed; No Federal Charges Will Be Filed Against Him

    Quote Originally Posted by radcen View Post
    Hispanics, historically, have always been generally conservative, overall. This places them in a hard spot when it comes to American politics, because the people they would most naturally like to align themselves with (conservatives Republicans) take great pains to demonize them, while the other side (liberal Democrats) have been working to, in essence, buy them off with faux friendship and government tolerance. And it's slowly working because the younger generations are leaving their historical family conservative ideals behind and going liberal.

    Sheriff Joe still appeals to many of them, because Sheriff Joe appeals to the base "tough on crime" mentality that brings many in who don't look any deeper than the surface and don't see what damage the undercurrent of "tough on crime" really does to a society. I find it ironic that some of the most ardent Sheriff Joe supporters here will also disapprove of other injustices by other law enforcement people and agencies across the country which, in effect, the same thing and the same mentality.
    I dont paticularly like Joe Arpio and his politics and especially is policies, but the good people of Arizona voted for him. I just pointed out that hispanics had to have voted for him, based on the number of hispanics in the state.
    Semper Fidelis, Semper Liber.
    I spit at lots of people through my computer screen. Not only does it "teach them a lesson" but it keeps the screen clean and shiny.
    Stolen fair and square from the Capt. Courtesey himself.

  4. #44
    Sage
    jamesrage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    A place where common sense exists
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 09:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    31,067

    Re: Joe Arpaio Investigation Closed; No Federal Charges Will Be Filed Against Him

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    Now, take a look at the vote counts from each of his elections

    Either hispanic citizens aren't voting at all and all the other folks are showing up at the polls every time 100% or the hispanic citizens of Maricopa County are voting for Arpiao.
    Pro-illegals tend to claim that all Hispanics support illegal immigration and that anti-illegal immigration laws target Hispanics. So the pro-illegals who are stupid enough to believe those claims are shocked when they find out otherwise.
    "A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murder is less to fear"

    Cicero Marcus Tullius

  5. #45
    Sage
    mike2810's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    arizona
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    15,030

    Re: Joe Arpaio Investigation Closed; No Federal Charges Will Be Filed Against Him

    Quote Originally Posted by liblady View Post
    I think it's around 30%, and I don't think many would vote for him, even if they could. He's an embarrassment to the people of Arizona.
    It will be interesting this fall. He is up for reelection.

    As far as embarrassment. I can think of State govts (like CA) that is an embarrassment to the US. CA comes up with some pretty off the wall laws.

  6. #46
    Phonetic Mnemonic
    radcen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Look to your right... I'm that guy.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:10 PM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    33,422

    Re: Joe Arpaio Investigation Closed; No Federal Charges Will Be Filed Against Him

    Quote Originally Posted by jamesrage View Post
    Pro-illegals tend to claim that all Hispanics support illegal immigration and that anti-illegal immigration laws target Hispanics. So the pro-illegals who are stupid enough to believe those claims are shocked when they find out otherwise.
    If I understand correctly what you said here, you are correct that most Hispanics... legal immigrants and natural citizens... do NOT support illegal immigration.
    If you claim sexual harassment to be wrong, yet you defend anyone on your side for any reason,
    then you are a hypocrite and everything you say on the matter is just babble.

  7. #47
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: Joe Arpaio Investigation Closed; No Federal Charges Will Be Filed Against Him

    Quote Originally Posted by radcen View Post
    If I understand correctly what you said here, you are correct that most Hispanics... legal immigrants and natural citizens... do NOT support illegal immigration.
    That depends, the general breakdown around here is that the Reagan Amnesty ones encourage illegals, the folks who went through the process and became citizens without amnesty absolutely detest the illegals. I'm sure as with all things human, there is a spectrum, a range - but that's how it generally breaks down in my experience.

  8. #48
    pirate lover
    liblady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    St Thomas, VI
    Last Seen
    03-14-16 @ 03:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    16,165
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Joe Arpaio Investigation Closed; No Federal Charges Will Be Filed Against Him

    Quote Originally Posted by mike2810 View Post
    It will be interesting this fall. He is up for reelection.

    As far as embarrassment. I can think of State govts (like CA) that is an embarrassment to the US. CA comes up with some pretty off the wall laws.
    True, there are many states that should hang their collective heads in shame. We probably just don't agree on which ones. Any Sheriff who takes on an investigation of a president is looney, in my book.

    Originally Posted by johnny_rebson:

    These are the same liberals who forgot how Iraq attacked us on 9/11.


  9. #49
    Sage
    mike2810's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    arizona
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    15,030

    Re: Joe Arpaio Investigation Closed; No Federal Charges Will Be Filed Against Him

    Quote Originally Posted by liblady View Post
    True, there are many states that should hang their collective heads in shame. We probably just don't agree on which ones. Any Sheriff who takes on an investigation of a president is looney, in my book.
    I will agree that MCSO has done some strange things. I do agree with Sheriff Joe on his stance on "illegal" immigration.
    While MCSO has busted illegal aliens for id theft, business owners for hiring illegal aliens, which some do not like. MCSO has also done good in busting coyotes (human smuggling) and rescued illegal aliens in the desert from dying.

    With the Feds and Congress would get their act togeather and fix the illegal immigration problem.

  10. #50
    pirate lover
    liblady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    St Thomas, VI
    Last Seen
    03-14-16 @ 03:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    16,165
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Joe Arpaio Investigation Closed; No Federal Charges Will Be Filed Against Him

    Quote Originally Posted by mike2810 View Post
    I will agree that MCSO has done some strange things. I do agree with Sheriff Joe on his stance on "illegal" immigration.
    While MCSO has busted illegal aliens for id theft, business owners for hiring illegal aliens, which some do not like. MCSO has also done good in busting coyotes (human smuggling) and rescued illegal aliens in the desert from dying.

    With the Feds and Congress would get their act togeather and fix the illegal immigration problem.
    Those are good things.....the funny thing is, many Arizonans, and impersonally know one of them, bitches about illegals but hires them because they are cheap. A friend of mine is staunchly republican (I don't equate true conservatism with republicans) but uses an entirely illegal company for landscaping. Quite ironic, right? See, republicans want to use illegals, some say dems do too, for voting, ( although I doubt many illegals are keen to vote) but most of us just want a solution to the myriad of problems illegal immigration produces.

    1. Amnesty for all illegals who have committed no other crimes.
    2. Huge fines for those hiring illegals (enforced!).
    3. Quick deportation for those illegals who are arrested, and deportation of all illegals currently in prison or jail.
    4. No more anchor baby clause.


    I could mention more, but you get my drift. We don't need vigilantes, we just need to enforce the laws we have now. And perhaps work with Mexico to try to mitigate the desperation these people must feel when they are driven to walk across a desert or be smuggled in a van with twenty others.

    Originally Posted by johnny_rebson:

    These are the same liberals who forgot how Iraq attacked us on 9/11.


Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •