Page 18 of 22 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast
Results 171 to 180 of 214

Thread: Canadian man living in Broward pleads guilty to voting illegally in ‘08 presidential

  1. #171
    Sayonara!
    Maenad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    By the water.
    Last Seen
    07-09-14 @ 10:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,259

    Re: Canadian man living in Broward pleads guilty to voting illegally in ‘08 president

    Quote Originally Posted by Middleground View Post
    You claim it is easy to commit voter fraud. One can only assume you have personal knowledge.

    Do you get it now or do I have to draw pictures?
    Where did I make that claim?
    Redneck, hillbilly, fundie, Bible thumper, cracker, split tails, geezer, loon, xenophobe, islamaphobe, and homophobe are not words of tolerance.

  2. #172
    Guru
    BWG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    South Coast
    Last Seen
    12-04-17 @ 11:59 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,203

    Re: Canadian man living in Broward pleads guilty to voting illegally in ‘08 president

    Quote Originally Posted by Kal'Stang
    So the news media has enough time to air all 100 people showing that they admit to voting? For those that deny it would they even be telingl the truth? Do you really expect them to find ALL the people that are not suppose to be voting? This is just ONE news station and ONE man that did the investigation. Yet he was able to find what several hundred other people apparently missed.
    No, but a sensationalized 'news investigator' had time to show himself knocking on a bunch of doors. If he really had some thing he could have shown just as many blurbs of 'I voted' - if he had had them.

    All he had was jury summons saying they were ineligible to serve because they were non-citizens and their name also appeared on the voter rolls - NOT THAT ALL 100 VOTED.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kal'Stang
    And no one is saying that a photo ID is 100% effective so you might as well just drop that strawman here and now. One of my favorite motto's is "What one man builds another can tear down". This applies to anything and everything.
    I've read on these very pages as well as news sources that this would keep illegals from diluting my vote. They didn't give a percentage, so one would naturally default to 100%, though I didn't claim anyone said it would be 100% effective. In fact many have pointed out a flaw in requiring photo ID, is that it can be easily forged, if one is determined to cast an illegal ballot.

    I merely pointed out that many of the voter registration were done during the process of getting an acceptable photo ID, as per the article.


    Quote Originally Posted by Kal'Stang
    I just showed you a video with the transgression happening.
    LOL...What was that you were just saying about strawmen? No one is saying it doesn't happen at all, just that that it is so small that it's statistically nil.
    “We just simply don’t know how to govern” - Rep. Steve Womack (R-AR) a member of the House Budget Committee

  3. #173
    Tavern Bartender
    Pussy Grabbin' Beaver
    Middleground's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Canada's Capital
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:02 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    22,453
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Canadian man living in Broward pleads guilty to voting illegally in ‘08 president

    Quote Originally Posted by Maenad View Post
    Where did I make that claim?

    “No men are anywhere, and I’m allowed to go in, because I’m the owner of the pageant and therefore I’m inspecting it,” Trump said... “‘Is everyone OK’? You know, they’re standing there with no clothes. ‘Is everybody OK?’ And you see these incredible looking women, and so I sort of get away with things like that.”

  4. #174
    Guru
    BWG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    South Coast
    Last Seen
    12-04-17 @ 11:59 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,203

    Re: Canadian man living in Broward pleads guilty to voting illegally in ‘08 president

    Quote Originally Posted by Maenad View Post
    Would you mind highlighting the portion of your article that states that a dead person actually voted.

    Thanks
    “We just simply don’t know how to govern” - Rep. Steve Womack (R-AR) a member of the House Budget Committee

  5. #175
    Guru
    BWG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    South Coast
    Last Seen
    12-04-17 @ 11:59 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,203

    Re: Canadian man living in Broward pleads guilty to voting illegally in ‘08 president

    Quote Originally Posted by Maenad
    The only way you can purchase anything in a store using anything but cash is to have proper ID.
    I use credit cards and debit cards all the time without showing an ID. Swipe and go.
    “We just simply don’t know how to govern” - Rep. Steve Womack (R-AR) a member of the House Budget Committee

  6. #176
    Educator Schutzengel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Florida, USA
    Last Seen
    04-20-13 @ 11:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    719

    Re: Canadian man living in Broward pleads guilty to voting illegally in ‘08 president

    Quote Originally Posted by Maenad View Post
    So what you are saying is that Poughkeepsie is the only place the dead vote. Groovy!
    no, I am saying that just in that one spot 2600 dead voted... sorry, you can't hear tone I agree with you
    History does not long entrust the care of freedom to the weak or timid. - Ike

    Tea is better for you than Kool-Aid.

  7. #177
    Guru
    BWG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    South Coast
    Last Seen
    12-04-17 @ 11:59 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,203

    Re: Canadian man living in Broward pleads guilty to voting illegally in ‘08 president

    Quote Originally Posted by Maenad View Post
    From footnote 1 in your article...

    The numbers do not indicate how much fraud is the result of dead voters in New York, only the potential for it. Typically, records of votes by the dead are the result of bookkeeping errors and do not result in the casting of extra ballots. The Journal did not find any fraud in the local matches it investigated.
    [...]
    In most cases, instances of dead voters can be attributed to database mismatches and clerical errors.
    “We just simply don’t know how to govern” - Rep. Steve Womack (R-AR) a member of the House Budget Committee

  8. #178
    Sage
    mike2810's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    arizona
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:02 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    15,011

    Re: Canadian man living in Broward pleads guilty to voting illegally in ‘08 president

    I personally have no problem with showing an ID to vote. States issue non driving ID's for those that don't drive.

    For those that say requiring an ID would keep thousands from voting. Can you answer why the voting turnout is so pathetic in the US? Why do so many that could vote don't. Seems requring an ID, would make very little difference in the turnout.

  9. #179
    Guru
    BWG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    South Coast
    Last Seen
    12-04-17 @ 11:59 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,203

    Re: Canadian man living in Broward pleads guilty to voting illegally in ‘08 president

    Quote Originally Posted by Kal'Stang
    Someone took the time to register those names...why wouldn't they use them?
    They originally register themselves. There is not a system in place to remove them after they die. They stay on the rolls because overzealous purging can result in legitimate voters being removed. Would you raise hell if you went to vote and were denied because you were mistakenly removed because your name might be similar or like someone who died? It's not some nefarious plot to subvert the system.

    The logistics just aren't there to game the system with in person vote fraud.
    “We just simply don’t know how to govern” - Rep. Steve Womack (R-AR) a member of the House Budget Committee

  10. #180
    Guru
    BWG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    South Coast
    Last Seen
    12-04-17 @ 11:59 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,203

    Re: Canadian man living in Broward pleads guilty to voting illegally in ‘08 president

    Quote Originally Posted by mike2810 View Post
    I personally have no problem with showing an ID to vote. States issue non driving ID's for those that don't drive.

    For those that say requiring an ID would keep thousands from voting. Can you answer why the voting turnout is so pathetic in the US? Why do so many that could vote don't. Seems requring an ID, would make very little difference in the turnout.
    Exactly!!!

    Why throw up unnecessary roadblocks to deter voting?

    We should be spending all this time, money and effort to encourage people to turnout and vote. Not putting restrictions on 'get out the vote' drives or cutting back on early voting times or voiding certain types of ID.

    Expand early voting to 5 days a week (Tue. - Sat) for two weeks, a month before the election, then 7 days a week the two weeks before the election. Everybody else that can't make those dates, let them vote absentee.

    You want photo ID? Phase it in by the 2014 mid-term election or the next presidential election in 2016. In the mean time have people in place at the polls this year to take photos of those that don't have one, tie it to their voter registration card, verify them and send them to those peoples homes - free of charge. Through out the coming years you could have someone visit the local community centers, churchs or schools to get photos of the ones that missed going to the polls or new voters. There is no legitimate reason for one to declare photo IDs for this election "Emergency Legislation' - none.
    “We just simply don’t know how to govern” - Rep. Steve Womack (R-AR) a member of the House Budget Committee

Page 18 of 22 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •