Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast
Results 141 to 150 of 184

Thread: Buffett Gives Kids Foundations $3 billion

  1. #141
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,700

    Re: Buffett Gives Kids Foundations $3 billion

    Quote Originally Posted by LaMidRighter View Post
    Buffett supporters seem to miss the crux of the matter, it's all about Buffett's "Do as I say not as I do" attitude.
    Yes Haymarket has deliberately ignored that point several times. Buffett is an gaping hypocrite

  2. #142
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,465

    Re: Buffett Gives Kids Foundations $3 billion

    Quote Originally Posted by LaMidRighter View Post
    Buffett is saying "Let's play a nice game of tap football" while telling his team to chop block at the knees.
    How hard will the Libbos tout the Buffet Rule, now?
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  3. #143
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:22 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    89,892

    Re: Buffett Gives Kids Foundations $3 billion

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    Do you think ignoring the obvious and patent points others make is a sound DEBATE tactic?

    OTHERS DO NOT CALL FOR TAXES ON THE RICH to be higher while using their power to avoid lots of taxes

    I guess you didn't understand my point about that asshole's oozing hypocrisy

    he wants others-those not powerful enough to structure their compensation into the lowest possible form of taxable income-to pay more while he pays himself a salary that is below what a GS-15 public sector worker earns
    Pointing out the obvious here is indeed a solid debate tactic since it seems to have been ignored before I did it.

    This thread has one main purpose that is evident on every page and I thank you for making it crystal clear in your own many posts: this is about attacking your political enemies which defending and excusing ones political allies for the achieving the same ends by manipulation of the tax code.

    This is like a Las Vegas street walker being called vile names by the Las Vegas call girl because the dollar figures are a bit different. In the end, the same occupation is applied to both.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  4. #144
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:22 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    89,892

    Re: Buffett Gives Kids Foundations $3 billion

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    Yes Haymarket has deliberately ignored that point several times. Buffett is an gaping hypocrite
    Buffet is not here to defend his actions or anything else. The ones who are here are people like yourself and others who seem to only see one thing above all else: somebody you hate politically. You then engage in your own hypocrisy by ripping Buffet a new one when in other threads are more than eager to defend those on your side you achieve much the same ends with the manipulation of the tax code.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  5. #145
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,700

    Re: Buffett Gives Kids Foundations $3 billion

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    Pointing out the obvious here is indeed a solid debate tactic since it seems to have been ignored before I did it.

    This thread has one main purpose that is evident on every page and I thank you for making it crystal clear in your own many posts: this is about attacking your political enemies which defending and excusing ones political allies for the achieving the same ends by manipulation of the tax code.

    This is like a Las Vegas street walker being called vile names by the Las Vegas call girl because the dollar figures are a bit different. In the end, the same occupation is applied to both.
    My allies are those who want to keep my tax rates lower than what Obama and other parasiters and taxers want


    so how are are they hypocritical?

  6. #146
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,700

    Re: Buffett Gives Kids Foundations $3 billion

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    Buffet is not here to defend his actions or anything else. The ones who are here are people like yourself and others who seem to only see one thing above all else: somebody you hate politically. You then engage in your own hypocrisy by ripping Buffet a new one when in other threads are more than eager to defend those on your side you achieve much the same ends with the manipulation of the tax code.
    again you fail because a those other people aren't seeking to jack up the taxes of people like me in an attempt to gain the butt kissing of the masses

  7. #147
    Global Moderator
    Bodhidarma approves bigly
    Andalublue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Granada, España
    Last Seen
    11-29-17 @ 01:21 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    26,111

    Re: Buffett Gives Kids Foundations $3 billion

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    I guess that rates as something sinister in your book but not mine
    You got that right at least.
    "The crisis will end when fear changes sides" - Pablo Iglesias Turrión

    "Austerity is used as a cover to reconfigure society and increase inequality and injustice." - Jeremy Corbyn

  8. #148
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,465

    Re: Buffett Gives Kids Foundations $3 billion

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    Buffet is not here to defend his actions or anything else. The ones who are here are people like yourself and others who seem to only see one thing above all else: somebody you hate politically. You then engage in your own hypocrisy by ripping Buffet a new one when in other threads are more than eager to defend those on your side you achieve much the same ends with the manipulation of the tax code.
    Holy crap! That makes everyone off limits!

    You say that and then attack Turtledude?

    A word comes to mind right at this moment. What is it? Oh yeah...wow! That's the word I was looking for.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  9. #149
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,700

    Re: Buffett Gives Kids Foundations $3 billion

    Quote Originally Posted by Andalublue View Post
    You got that right at least.
    making money seems to be sinister to many of the barking loons on the left

  10. #150
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:22 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    89,892

    Re: Buffett Gives Kids Foundations $3 billion

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    My allies are those who want to keep my tax rates lower than what Obama and other parasiters and taxers want


    so how are are they hypocritical?
    It is YOU who rip into Buffet in this thread while defending other wealthy people like Romney in other threads who use the tax code to their advantage who are being hypocritical.

    Yes Turtle, I have understood for a long long time now that your decisions about the tax code and what is good for America and 311 million people are based solely on what is good for you personally. Low taxes for Turtle = a very good thing and you get behind it regardless of the principle or scheme behind it. Higher taxes for Turtle - evil and bad and you slam it regardless of the principle or scheme behind it. The plethora of posts you have made on this subject have been published by me and others many many times and they are clear and unmistakable evidence of our motivations.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •