Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 184

Thread: Buffett Gives Kids Foundations $3 billion

  1. #101
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,465

    Re: Buffett Gives Kids Foundations $3 billion

    Quote Originally Posted by MaggieD View Post
    I find that interesting because I heard him interviewed several years ago, and he indicated his children would not be receiving any more of his wealth. Flip. Flop.

    Perhaps he's doing that in anticipation of the inheritance tax being re-instated for, at least, people in his stratosphere.

    Everybody lies...
    The funniest part, is how Libbos constantly brag about how he's a neato rich dude.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  2. #102
    Klattu Verata Nicto
    LaMidRighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    30,534

    Re: Buffett Gives Kids Foundations $3 billion

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    The funniest part, is how Libbos constantly brag about how he's a neato rich dude.
    Let me say this, when I was in the financials market I knew lots of dirty tricks both on the sales end and on the competitive end. I chose to play fair and honest win or lose but if I had wanted to tank someone or cheat I knew exactly where the line was, this is why I HATE people like Buffett, he is dirtier than just about anyone and covers his ass with a bunch of feel good language. I say Buffett is slimy because he reminds me of the least honest agents I knew in the insurance field, they would smile, compliment you all day, use industry speak to confuse people, do end arounds, and then would flat **** the poor folks that they convinced to do business with them.
    Neither side in an argument can find the truth when both make an absolute claim on it.

    LMR

  3. #103
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:42 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    89,877

    Re: Buffett Gives Kids Foundations $3 billion

    This thread and the stances in it from many are rather confusing.

    Many of the people in this thread who are highly critical of Buffet and what he has done have in other threads and when discussing other people been very laudatory of rich people who take steps to avoid taxation and pass their money within the family and avoid certain taxes.

    Why are they so inconsistent on this particular individual?

    Have they changed their stance on inheritance taxes?

    Have they changed their position on tax avoidance through legal maneuvers available to the wealthy?

    Ir is this simply a matter of bashing your political enemies while defending your political allies of the exact same behaviors?
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  4. #104
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,465

    Re: Buffett Gives Kids Foundations $3 billion

    Quote Originally Posted by LaMidRighter View Post
    Let me say this, when I was in the financials market I knew lots of dirty tricks both on the sales end and on the competitive end. I chose to play fair and honest win or lose but if I had wanted to tank someone or cheat I knew exactly where the line was, this is why I HATE people like Buffett, he is dirtier than just about anyone and covers his ass with a bunch of feel good language. I say Buffett is slimy because he reminds me of the least honest agents I knew in the insurance field, they would smile, compliment you all day, use industry speak to confuse people, do end arounds, and then would flat **** the poor folks that they convinced to do business with them.
    It's funny you mention the scum-baggery within the insurance ndustry, what with the Obamacare mandate-n-all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  5. #105
    Resident Martian ;)
    PirateMk1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    California
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    9,924

    Re: Buffett Gives Kids Foundations $3 billion

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    This thread and the stances in it from many are rather confusing.

    Many of the people in this thread who are highly critical of Buffet and what he has done have in other threads and when discussing other people been very laudatory of rich people who take steps to avoid taxation and pass their money within the family and avoid certain taxes.

    Why are they so inconsistent on this particular individual?

    Have they changed their stance on inheritance taxes?

    Have they changed their position on tax avoidance through legal maneuvers available to the wealthy?

    Ir is this simply a matter of bashing your political enemies while defending your political allies of the exact same behaviors?
    For me its a matter of the hypocritical nature of what he says publicly about taxes and what he does privately. I would image its similar for most people.
    Semper Fidelis, Semper Liber.
    I spit at lots of people through my computer screen. Not only does it "teach them a lesson" but it keeps the screen clean and shiny.
    Stolen fair and square from the Capt. Courtesey himself.

  6. #106
    Klattu Verata Nicto
    LaMidRighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    30,534

    Re: Buffett Gives Kids Foundations $3 billion

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    It's funny you mention the scum-baggery within the insurance ndustry, what with the Obamacare mandate-n-all.
    Don't even get me started on that turkey, everyone lost on that bill and only about half of the country will admit it.
    Neither side in an argument can find the truth when both make an absolute claim on it.

    LMR

  7. #107
    Resident Martian ;)
    PirateMk1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    California
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    9,924

    Re: Buffett Gives Kids Foundations $3 billion

    Quote Originally Posted by Fruityfact View Post
    You must be describing Romney?
    Buffett, not sure on Romney thats a we shall see one. He better not screw me or he's gona be one term president too.
    Semper Fidelis, Semper Liber.
    I spit at lots of people through my computer screen. Not only does it "teach them a lesson" but it keeps the screen clean and shiny.
    Stolen fair and square from the Capt. Courtesey himself.

  8. #108
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,465

    Re: Buffett Gives Kids Foundations $3 billion

    Quote Originally Posted by LaMidRighter View Post
    Don't even get me started on that turkey, everyone lost on that bill and only about half of the country will admit it.
    Yep! Obama ****ed the insurance companies, by raising their coverage reserves and now the insurance companies are going to have to make it somewhere.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  9. #109
    Klattu Verata Nicto
    LaMidRighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    30,534

    Re: Buffett Gives Kids Foundations $3 billion

    Quote Originally Posted by PirateMk1 View Post
    Buffett, not sure on Romney thats a we shall see one. He better not screw me or he's gona be one term president too.
    The GOP insisted Romney be the nominee, and didn't defend anyone else, they weighted the primaries to him. I will not support Romney in any way except my vote, no defense, no money, and if he strays off message too far maybe not even my vote. If Romney goes back on Obamacare or if he screws up financially or any other way the GOP loses me to the constitution party because of their mess.
    Neither side in an argument can find the truth when both make an absolute claim on it.

    LMR

  10. #110
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:42 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    89,877

    Re: Buffett Gives Kids Foundations $3 billion

    Quote Originally Posted by PirateMk1 View Post
    For me its a matter of the hypocritical nature of what he says publicly about taxes and what he does privately. I would image its similar for most people.
    So this is a matter of bashing your political enemies while defending your political allies of the exact same behaviors.

    Thank you for confirming that.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •