Page 7 of 21 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 202

Thread: Police: Gunman kills two at N.J. supermarket

  1. #61
    Klattu Verata Nicto
    LaMidRighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    30,534

    Re: Police: Gunman kills two at N.J. supermarket

    Quote Originally Posted by Furiounova View Post
    What are you talking about? I'm not trying to change the nature of the crime.
    Yes you are. "Social Terrorism" for whatever the **** that's supposed to mean would carry with it the weight of a terrorist attack, which would mean that the assailant was trying to force a change in policy by using methods designed to frightening a populace into compliance, this was not the case. The person who shot these innocents was pissed off for losing his job, it was murder and a revenge killing. Not terrorism.
    Tell ya what. Why don't you explain the nature of the crime with something other than going postal?
    I haven't gone postal, and the crime has been explained. You wanted to use a created definition and lost.
    Neither side in an argument can find the truth when both make an absolute claim on it.

    LMR

  2. #62
    Filmmaker Lawyer Patriot
    Harshaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:45 AM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    29,500

    Re: Police: Gunman kills two at N.J. supermarket

    Quote Originally Posted by Furiounova View Post
    There is a common factor in the shootings.
    No, there isn't, other than it was people who did them. There certainly is no common cause.

    I'm not judging it by the frequency of it being reported in the MSM.
    You certainly were, earlier in the thread.

    I'm saying the MSM is under reporting which is the opposite of what you were implying.
    Which was what Goshin said to you earlier.

    You're arguing against your own point. You point to a few hyped recent events as evidence that there's an "epidemic," but now you say they might not be so unusually high after all, because of "underreporting."


    Have you read any of my posts on it or are you jumping in mid stroke and missing the context by accident?
    I'm watching you change your argument.

    It is an epidemic in that people are becoming less and less shocked when it does happen.
    "Shock" or lack thereof has nothing do with "epidemic." You're just making up definitions.

    There is something seriously wrong when so many people of so many different backgrounds are resorting to the exact same method of exit.
    You say yourself, in effect, that it probably isn't overly unusual, yet you continue to act as though it is.
    “Offing those rich pigs with their own forks and knives, and then eating a meal in the same room, far out! The Weathermen dig Charles Manson.”-- Bernadine Dohrn

  3. #63
    Guru

    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    04-14-17 @ 01:28 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,237

    Re: Police: Gunman kills two at N.J. supermarket

    Quote Originally Posted by LaMidRighter View Post
    Yes you are. "Social Terrorism" for whatever the **** that's supposed to mean would carry with it the weight of a terrorist attack, which would mean that the assailant was trying to force a change in policy by using methods designed to frightening a populace into compliance, this was not the case. The person who shot these innocents was pissed off for losing his job, it was murder and a revenge killing. Not terrorism. I haven't gone postal, and the crime has been explained. You wanted to use a created definition and lost.
    You're right I lost so I guess this means you will stop wasting your time.

    To put it another way: you don't even know the basic facts of this shooting.

    He didn't get fired.

    He had only been working there for two weeks.

    Next time, try learning the facts before trying to criticize others for trying to understand events like social terrorism.
    Last edited by Furiounova; 09-01-12 at 10:14 PM.
    My main function as a Christian is to be the biggest possible jerk as a demonstration of the awe found in God's Grace and Forgiveness. (That love part comes in to play at some point)

  4. #64
    Guru

    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    04-14-17 @ 01:28 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,237

    Re: Police: Gunman kills two at N.J. supermarket

    Quote Originally Posted by Harshaw View Post
    No, there isn't, other than it was people who did them. There certainly is no common cause.



    You certainly were, earlier in the thread.



    Which was what Goshin said to you earlier.

    You're arguing against your own point. You point to a few hyped recent events as evidence that there's an "epidemic," but now you say they might not be so unusually high after all, because of "underreporting."




    I'm watching you change your argument.



    "Shock" or lack thereof has nothing do with "epidemic." You're just making up definitions.



    You say yourself, in effect, that it probably isn't overly unusual, yet you continue to act as though it is.
    It doesn't look like you dont understand my position at all.

    I'm saying these acts of social terrorism happen more frequently than what the MSM has been reporting.

    I'm saying these acts of social terrorism have common factors even though the backgrounds of the perps can widely vary.
    My main function as a Christian is to be the biggest possible jerk as a demonstration of the awe found in God's Grace and Forgiveness. (That love part comes in to play at some point)

  5. #65
    Klattu Verata Nicto
    LaMidRighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    30,534

    Re: Police: Gunman kills two at N.J. supermarket

    Quote Originally Posted by Furiounova View Post
    You're right I lost so I guess this means you will stop wasting your time.
    See, this is the emotional response I am talking about. You are trying to be a smartass under the assumption that you have maintained standing here but realistically this is an overreaction to explanations of why you appear to be making **** up.

    To put it another way: you don't even know the basic facts of this shooting.
    Actually, yes I do, I mixed it up with the Empire State shooting, "Jersey" got into a workplace argument. Either way it was a workplace violence situation. Happens all the time, only this incident was deadly.


    He had only been working there for two weeks.
    Okay? Relevance to your position? I've seen people get fired in less than a week and quit their first 24 hours before.

    Next time, try learning the facts before trying to criticize others for trying to understand events like social terrorism.
    How about you speak with facts, your "social terrorism" charge doesn't exist.
    Neither side in an argument can find the truth when both make an absolute claim on it.

    LMR

  6. #66
    Guru

    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    04-14-17 @ 01:28 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,237

    Re: Police: Gunman kills two at N.J. supermarket

    Quote Originally Posted by LaMidRighter View Post
    See, this is the emotional response I am talking about. You are trying to be a smartass under the assumption that you have maintained standing here but realistically this is an overreaction to explanations of why you appear to be making **** up.

    Actually, yes I do, I mixed it up with the Empire State shooting, "Jersey" got into a workplace argument. Either way it was a workplace violence situation. Happens all the time, only this incident was deadly.


    Okay? Relevance to your position? I've seen people get fired in less than a week and quit their first 24 hours before.

    How about you speak with facts, your "social terrorism" charge doesn't exist.
    You didn't get anything mixed up. You just don't know the facts so you tried to hide that fact.

    You don't even know the cops and others said the people shot and killed were random targets.

    You were flat out wrong about him being fired so you try to mask that with saying it was because he got in an argument.

    If you are someone who gets to decide who has "standing" then oh boy....lol......nobody ever has standing.

    Your inability to comprehend what social terrorism means does not mean it is non existent.
    My main function as a Christian is to be the biggest possible jerk as a demonstration of the awe found in God's Grace and Forgiveness. (That love part comes in to play at some point)

  7. #67
    Dungeon Master
    Hooter Babe

    DiAnna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Northern California
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    32,586
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Police: Gunman kills two at N.J. supermarket

    Disgruntled employees have been shooting up their workplaces since I was a kid. Thing is, there was no cable news, no internet, Walter Cronkite wasn't interested, so the only place we learned about it was from newspapers. There's a reason workplace shootings have been called "going postal" since the 70's or 80's.

    This phenomenon isn't new, it isn't "terrorism", it's just plain old revenge from someone who felt wronged. Sad but simple.

  8. #68
    Guru

    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    04-14-17 @ 01:28 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,237

    Re: Police: Gunman kills two at N.J. supermarket

    Quote Originally Posted by DiAnna View Post
    Disgruntled employees have been shooting up their former workplaces since I was a kid. Thing is, there was no cable news, no internet, Walter Cronkite wasn't interested, so the only place we learned about it was from newspapers. There's a reason workplace shootings have been called "going postal" since the 70's or 80's.

    This phenomenon isn't new, it isn't "terrorism", it's just plain old revenge from someone who felt wronged. Sad but simple.
    This guy had no history with his co workers since he had been there for only two weeks.

    Going postal usually refers to long time tensions and that is not what social terrorism is referencing.

    It is not as if suddenly the MSM is reporting it and that is the source of interest.

    He does have a history of mental illness and tweeted about killing co workers three years ago but I believe in 2009 he was in the Marines at the time so he would have been referencing other Marines.
    My main function as a Christian is to be the biggest possible jerk as a demonstration of the awe found in God's Grace and Forgiveness. (That love part comes in to play at some point)

  9. #69
    Global Moderator
    Truth will set you free
    digsbe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Metro Washington DC
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    18,952

    Re: Police: Gunman kills two at N.J. supermarket

    Quick! We better get his race, religion and political ideology! Forget the victims or the atrocity committed, our first priority needs to be profiling the shooter and blaming a group of people he may align with (of course, only if he doesn't belong to my race, religion or political ideology) and not the killer himself/herself.
    When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser. -Socrates
    Tired of elections being between the lesser of two evils.

  10. #70
    Klattu Verata Nicto
    LaMidRighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    30,534

    Re: Police: Gunman kills two at N.J. supermarket

    Quote Originally Posted by Furiounova View Post
    You didn't get anything mixed up. You just don't know the facts so you tried to hide that fact.

    You don't even know the cops and others said the people shot and killed were random targets.

    You were flat out wrong about him being fired so you try to mask that with saying it was because he got in an argument.

    If you are someone who gets to decide who has "standing" then oh boy....lol......nobody ever has standing.

    Your inability to comprehend what social terrorism means does not mean it is non existent.
    Oh, I get it. You are trying to act knowledgeable by creating or passing along empty created terms, I've seen people do this quite a bit, especially with law, crimes, and guns, the only thing it does is show the rest how truly uninformed the user is and that they don't mind compensating for it by torturing the language.
    Neither side in an argument can find the truth when both make an absolute claim on it.

    LMR

Page 7 of 21 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •