Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 202

Thread: Police: Gunman kills two at N.J. supermarket

  1. #41
    Guru

    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    04-14-17 @ 01:28 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,237

    Re: Police: Gunman kills two at N.J. supermarket

    Quote Originally Posted by LaMidRighter View Post
    No, it isn't. There is no such thing as "social terrorism", terrorism is the willful causing of fear to extort a political result. You could call the KKK terrorists because they intentionally targeted non-baptists, blacks, and minorities to advance the goal of white supremacy in law and the social pecking order. You can cal Hamas, Al-Quaida, the Muslim Brotherhood, and Wahabiests terrorists because they are using violence and other scare tactics to advance a particular agenda. A random shooting spree motivated by anger, psychosis, or "just because" with no agenda is murder, not terrorism.

    Okay? Point?
    You can say social terrorism does not exist but it is like creationists saying there are no rocks actually older than 10,000 years.
    My main function as a Christian is to be the biggest possible jerk as a demonstration of the awe found in God's Grace and Forgiveness. (That love part comes in to play at some point)

  2. #42
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:00 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,803

    Re: Police: Gunman kills two at N.J. supermarket

    Quote Originally Posted by Goshin View Post
    Or is the media increasing coverage of these events and overhyping them because it draws viewers and sells ad time?

    In a nation of 315 million plus, stuff happens SOMEWHERE every day and most of the time we don't hear about 99% of it unless it happened in our town... or unless the media decides to blitz a certain type of story for their own reasons.

    YEAH THIS ^^^^^^

    I dont have a specific answer for this question but there were studies down about either murder of violent crimes in general around like 2005 and the said in the last two decades murders or violent crimes have gone down % wise but reporting on them increased over 200%.

    so in general the answer is yes but I dont know the answer to the OPs specific question
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  3. #43
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,687

    Re: Police: Gunman kills two at N.J. supermarket

    Quote Originally Posted by Furiounova View Post
    For the last time. I'm not talking about crime in general.
    So...you are talking about white people shooting incidents and not your typical Thursday night in Chicago?

  4. #44
    Klattu Verata Nicto
    LaMidRighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    30,534

    Re: Police: Gunman kills two at N.J. supermarket

    Quote Originally Posted by Furiounova View Post
    Lol.......okay.......well then explain why the MSM doesn't do compulsory coverage on social terrorism.
    You can't cover something that doesn't exist. Next question.
    Neither side in an argument can find the truth when both make an absolute claim on it.

    LMR

  5. #45
    Guru

    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    04-14-17 @ 01:28 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,237

    Re: Police: Gunman kills two at N.J. supermarket

    Quote Originally Posted by Objective-J View Post
    YEAH THIS ^^^^^^

    I dont have a specific answer for this question but there were studies down about either murder of violent crimes in general around like 2005 and the said in the last two decades murders or violent crimes have gone down % wise but reporting on them increased over 200%.

    so in general the answer is yes but I dont know the answer to the OPs specific question
    I think for garden variety violent crimes that has long been the case because a fearful population is a ball of warm clay.

    However, for this specific epidemic I think there is an under reporting problem not very different from police brutality.
    My main function as a Christian is to be the biggest possible jerk as a demonstration of the awe found in God's Grace and Forgiveness. (That love part comes in to play at some point)

  6. #46
    Guru

    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    04-14-17 @ 01:28 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,237

    Re: Police: Gunman kills two at N.J. supermarket

    Quote Originally Posted by LaMidRighter View Post
    You can't cover something that doesn't exist. Next question.
    Looks like a creationist's response to 2 million year old dinosaur bones.
    My main function as a Christian is to be the biggest possible jerk as a demonstration of the awe found in God's Grace and Forgiveness. (That love part comes in to play at some point)

  7. #47
    Klattu Verata Nicto
    LaMidRighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    30,534

    Re: Police: Gunman kills two at N.J. supermarket

    Quote Originally Posted by Furiounova View Post
    You can say social terrorism does not exist but it is like creationists saying there are no rocks actually older than 10,000 years.
    I don't think you get it. You can't just create terms and expect it to have any weight. Terrorism is a very specific crime, it is political, and it involves creating a situation such as assassination, mass destruction, extreme violence, or other means to create fear specifically to force governments to bend to a specific political agenda. None of that happened here, even when you have groups that claim a "social agenda" when they engage in violence to force legislation, then it is just plain ole' terrorism, there needs to be no made up qualifier.
    Neither side in an argument can find the truth when both make an absolute claim on it.

    LMR

  8. #48
    Klattu Verata Nicto
    LaMidRighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    30,534

    Re: Police: Gunman kills two at N.J. supermarket

    Quote Originally Posted by Furiounova View Post
    Looks like a creationist's response to 2 million year old dinosaur bones.
    There's no reason to get emotional, you've lost on this one. The actual criminal definition of terrorism has been posted, and all you brought to the table was a created term.
    Neither side in an argument can find the truth when both make an absolute claim on it.

    LMR

  9. #49
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:00 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,803

    Re: Police: Gunman kills two at N.J. supermarket

    Quote Originally Posted by Furiounova View Post
    I think for garden variety violent crimes that has long been the case because a fearful population is a ball of warm clay.

    However, for this specific epidemic I think there is an under reporting problem not very different from police brutality.
    its possible but in my opinion I dont think its an epidemic or heres under reporting on it.

    if it is an epidemic id actually like to see less reporting on it and just more education/prevention on how to curb (because prevention is impossible) things of this nature.

    I dont want reporting on it unless its to catch somebody at large. IMO reporting on it is ONE of the reasons SOME of these people do these things
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  10. #50
    Klattu Verata Nicto
    LaMidRighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    30,534

    Re: Police: Gunman kills two at N.J. supermarket

    Quote Originally Posted by Objective-J View Post
    its possible but in my opinion I dont think its an epidemic or heres under reporting on it.

    if it is an epidemic id actually like to see less reporting on it and just more education/prevention on how to curb (because prevention is impossible) things of this nature.

    I dont want reporting on it unless its to catch somebody at large. IMO reporting on it is ONE of the reasons SOME of these people do these things
    To your last point, I have suspected for a long time that there are copycat shootings. Once a big one makes the national news I firmly believe someone with little confidence and no morals will look to it and tell themselves that they get to also be a page in a history book.
    Neither side in an argument can find the truth when both make an absolute claim on it.

    LMR

Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •