Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 202

Thread: Police: Gunman kills two at N.J. supermarket

  1. #11
    Global Moderator
    The Hammer of Chaos
    Goshin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Dixie
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,157

    Re: Police: Gunman kills two at N.J. supermarket

    Quote Originally Posted by Furiounova View Post
    I'm not talking about typical crime.

    It doesn't matter if three people or 30 people were killed because I'm talking about social terrorism.

    I knew you could not back up your theory the MSM has simply increased coverage.

    I gave you some numbers, and pointed out that MSM does not (CAN not) cover all crimes on a national level... leaving them plenty of room to pick and choose what they will cover.

    To me, the media's use of hype, scarism and fearmongering and excessive dramatization is so obvious and blatant I can hardly watch TV news anymore.

    Fiddling While Rome Burns
    ISIS: Carthago Delenda Est
    "I used to roll the dice; see the fear in my enemies' eyes... listen as the crowd would sing, 'now the old king is dead, Long Live the King.'.."

  2. #12
    Global Moderator
    The Hammer of Chaos
    Goshin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Dixie
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,157

    Re: Police: Gunman kills two at N.J. supermarket

    Also, I don't like this new term "social terrorism".

    It REEKS of hype and sensationalism, of begging for a new "War On ______", a new excuse to increase police state powers, a new excuse to demonize categories of people (oh, say gun owners for instance) as "people likely to engage in social terrorism!"

    Terrorism is politically motivated.

    Nutcases who want to kill their co-workers because they're mad about their job are not terrorists, they're nutcases.

    Fiddling While Rome Burns
    ISIS: Carthago Delenda Est
    "I used to roll the dice; see the fear in my enemies' eyes... listen as the crowd would sing, 'now the old king is dead, Long Live the King.'.."

  3. #13
    Guru

    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    04-14-17 @ 01:28 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,237

    Re: Police: Gunman kills two at N.J. supermarket

    Quote Originally Posted by jamesrage View Post
    Social terrorism? This sounds more like an employee going postal.An employee pissed off. Many criminals take it out on people they pissed off at.Road rage, crimes of passion, gang killings and so on. This is not terrorism.
    An employee killing co workers is social terrorism. The key aspect here is the shooter displayed no signs of disturbance before the shooting and in fact co workers have said the opposite.
    My main function as a Christian is to be the biggest possible jerk as a demonstration of the awe found in God's Grace and Forgiveness. (That love part comes in to play at some point)

  4. #14
    Guru

    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    04-14-17 @ 01:28 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,237

    Re: Police: Gunman kills two at N.J. supermarket

    Quote Originally Posted by Goshin View Post
    I gave you some numbers, and pointed out that MSM does not (CAN not) cover all crimes on a national level... leaving them plenty of room to pick and choose what they will cover.

    To me, the media's use of hype, scarism and fearmongering and excessive dramatization is so obvious and blatant I can hardly watch TV news anymore.
    For the last time. I'm not talking about crime in general.
    My main function as a Christian is to be the biggest possible jerk as a demonstration of the awe found in God's Grace and Forgiveness. (That love part comes in to play at some point)

  5. #15
    Guru

    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    04-14-17 @ 01:28 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,237

    Re: Police: Gunman kills two at N.J. supermarket

    Quote Originally Posted by Goshin View Post
    Also, I don't like this new term "social terrorism".

    It REEKS of hype and sensationalism, of begging for a new "War On ______", a new excuse to increase police state powers, a new excuse to demonize categories of people (oh, say gun owners for instance) as "people likely to engage in social terrorism!"

    Terrorism is politically motivated.

    Nutcases who want to kill their co-workers because they're mad about their job are not terrorists, they're nutcases.
    It is called social terrorism because that is the most accurate description and not all terrorism is motivated by politics. Lynching was a form of social terrorism that had nothing to do with politics and everything to do with the social ill of racism. Yes. White people were lynched. White people who helped black people.

    It also has nothing to do with trying to demonize gun owners of anyone else. Please accept my apologies for having the rude audacity to notice a trend of social terrorism and discuss it to help understand what is happening.
    My main function as a Christian is to be the biggest possible jerk as a demonstration of the awe found in God's Grace and Forgiveness. (That love part comes in to play at some point)

  6. #16
    Sage
    jamesrage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    A place where common sense exists
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    31,067

    Re: Police: Gunman kills two at N.J. supermarket

    Quote Originally Posted by Furiounova View Post
    An employee killing co workers is social terrorism. The key aspect here is the shooter displayed no signs of disturbance before the shooting and in fact co workers have said the opposite.
    No, an employee killing co workers is just a nutjob pissed off at his place of employment or former employment so he or she is trying to enact some personal revenge. Its called going postal. Terrorism is the use of violence or threats of violence to intimidate or coerce others for a political cause. An employee or former employee going postal is someone trying to get some sort of payback or revenge. This is personal, he was not trying to coerce his employer into doing anything.
    Last edited by jamesrage; 09-01-12 at 02:04 PM.
    "A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murder is less to fear"

    Cicero Marcus Tullius

  7. #17
    Sage
    jamesrage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    A place where common sense exists
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    31,067

    Re: Police: Gunman kills two at N.J. supermarket

    Quote Originally Posted by Furiounova View Post
    It is called social terrorism because that is the most accurate description and not all terrorism is motivated by politics. Lynching was a form of social terrorism that had nothing to do with politics and everything to do with the social ill of racism. Yes. White people were lynched. White people who helped black people.
    The KKK is or was a terrorist group.They were the American version of jihadists in the middle east are pissed off because the north won and was imposing its will on the south. Racial issues at the time were political.


    It also has nothing to do with trying to demonize gun owners of anyone else. Please accept my apologies for having the rude audacity to notice a trend of social terrorism and discuss it to help understand what is happening.
    You keep telling yourself that and one day you will really believe it.
    Last edited by jamesrage; 09-01-12 at 02:06 PM.
    "A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murder is less to fear"

    Cicero Marcus Tullius

  8. #18
    Guru

    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    04-14-17 @ 01:28 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,237

    Re: Police: Gunman kills two at N.J. supermarket

    Quote Originally Posted by jamesrage View Post
    The KKK is or was a terrorist group. Racial issues at the time were political.




    You keep telling yourself that and one day you will really believe it.
    Racial issues are social issues. Politics may or may not play a role but the core of racism is a social ill and not government fall out.

    Why don't you find some posts where I demonize gun owners for having guns? Maybe you can go visit the thread where I defend the cops shooting the Empire building shooter on the sidewalk
    This will be fun.
    My main function as a Christian is to be the biggest possible jerk as a demonstration of the awe found in God's Grace and Forgiveness. (That love part comes in to play at some point)

  9. #19
    Guru

    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    04-14-17 @ 01:28 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,237

    Re: Police: Gunman kills two at N.J. supermarket

    Quote Originally Posted by jamesrage View Post
    No, an employee killing co workers is just a nutjob pissed off at his place of employment or former employment so he or she is trying to enact some personal revenge. Its called going postal. Terrorism is the use of violence or threats of violence to intimidate or coerce others for a political cause. An employee or former employee going postal is someone trying to get some sort of payback or revenge. This is personal, he was not trying to coerce his employer into doing anything.
    The last line of your post is what separates modern social terrorism from traditional terrorism and a point I've already highlighted. The batman shooting is probably the best example as it was someone shooting and killing complete strangers celebrating pop culture.
    My main function as a Christian is to be the biggest possible jerk as a demonstration of the awe found in God's Grace and Forgiveness. (That love part comes in to play at some point)

  10. #20
    Sage
    jamesrage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    A place where common sense exists
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    31,067

    Re: Police: Gunman kills two at N.J. supermarket

    Quote Originally Posted by Furiounova View Post
    Racial issues are social issues. Politics may or may not play a role but the core of racism is a social ill and not government fall out.
    .
    At the time when the KKK was a terrorist orginization race and the treatment of blacks were political issues.
    "A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murder is less to fear"

    Cicero Marcus Tullius

Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •