Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 78

Thread: Mom with shotgun fends off daughter's would-be kidnapper.

  1. #51
    Guru
    Chaddelamancha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    09-22-17 @ 12:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,546

    Re: Mom with shotgun fends off daughter's would-be kidnapper.

    Quote Originally Posted by Objective-J View Post
    yep thats it you just proved that you issue is with law

    no its not MURDER because thats a legal term, there no murder without being found guilty of it

    in your other example it depends on how you are using the words, if you steal something and are found not guilty, no you are not guilty of theft, you could be a thief (non legal) but you are not guilty of theft (legal)

    i think the word you are looking for is killer

    I would indeed be a killer but not a murderer

    you back peddled because you tried to say im untrustworthy and what I said was against the law, that was wrong
    then you back peddled again when you said my statement hurts my strict laws argument, it doe not
    then you back peddled again when you tried to ADD things like imminent danger and unarmed then instead of me going to jail you said it wouldnt be easy, then you tried to say its a fact it be second degree murder which was also wrong because you tried to force the wrong argument on me.

    Its a back pedal when you say something false, its proved wrong and you just move on to other things with new made up scenerios instead of addressing why you were already wrong.

    now if im wrong please tell me what you argument is because you are all over the place. What is your argument?

    My original statement still stands, i would have infact killed the guy and theres nothing in my statement that makes me a murder, untrustworthy or violates gun laws lol
    Killer, murderer, semantics.

    In case I wasn't clear, I support strict gun laws. You don't. Saying that you would kill (murder) an unarmed man, just because you can, hurts your position. It's attitudes like yours that gives us those strict gun laws you oppose.
    Hail to the King baby!

  2. #52
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,761

    Re: Mom with shotgun fends off daughter's would-be kidnapper.

    Quote Originally Posted by Chaddelamancha View Post

    1.)Killer, murderer, semantics.

    In case I wasn't clear, I support strict gun laws. You don't. Saying that you would kill (murder) an unarmed man, just because you can, hurts your position. It's attitudes like yours that gives us those strict gun laws you oppose.
    1.) LMAO see this is ANOTHER back pedal because that isnt semantics, those words are in fact VERY different and just further proves my point about you not understanding the subject at hand.

    2.) again, maybe overall, your issue is just basic English and comprehension, at no time did I ever say I would murder anybody simply because I can, that is a bold face lie and further shows your lack of understanding of reality LMAO

    its also why it doesnt hurt my position because I didnt even come close to saying anything you said.

    anything else you want to make up? lol WOW

    and what are these "strict gun laws" you support
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  3. #53
    Professor
    Billy the Kid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 02:29 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,449

    Re: Mom with shotgun fends off daughter's would-be kidnapper.

    Quote Originally Posted by HonestJoe View Post

    It's not a simple issue, there are many complications that I think require more consideration than they seem to receive.

    Like what?
    "Socialism is a philosophy of failure, the creed of ignorance, and the gospel of envy; it's inherent virtue is the equal sharing of misery." Winston Churchill

  4. #54
    Guru
    Chaddelamancha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    09-22-17 @ 12:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,546

    Re: Mom with shotgun fends off daughter's would-be kidnapper.

    Quote Originally Posted by Objective-J View Post
    1.) LMAO see this is ANOTHER back pedal because that isnt semantics, those words are in fact VERY different and just further proves my point about you not understanding the subject at hand.

    2.) again, maybe overall, your issue is just basic English and comprehension, at no time did I ever say I would murder anybody simply because I can, that is a bold face lie and further shows your lack of understanding of reality LMAO

    its also why it doesnt hurt my position because I didnt even come close to saying anything you said.

    anything else you want to make up? lol WOW

    and what are these "strict gun laws" you support
    I'm not going to jump through these same stupid hoops every time with you. You don't have to be convicted of killing someone to be a murderer and to argue otherwise is ridiculous. You yourself said that you would shoot the guy, after he had let you kid go, even though there was no threat to you life. That's murder.

    As for backpedaling?
    montoya.jpg

    Have a nice day.
    Hail to the King baby!

  5. #55
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,761

    Re: Mom with shotgun fends off daughter's would-be kidnapper.

    Quote Originally Posted by Chaddelamancha View Post
    I'm not going to jump through these same stupid hoops every time with you. You don't have to be convicted of killing someone to be a murderer and to argue otherwise is ridiculous. You yourself said that you would shoot the guy, after he had let you kid go, even though there was no threat to you life. That's murder.

    As for backpedaling?
    montoya.jpg

    Have a nice day.
    LMAO

    oh the irony, you have no idea how foolish you are making yourself look, its cute

    no its not murder and your inability to understand that shows how uneducated you are on this subject

    also you are LYING again, why do you lie?

    at no time did I say "Id shoot the guy just because I can" now you are infact back peddling and trying to add to this argument and falsly saying I sad "Id shoot the guy, after he had let you kid go, even though there was no threat to you life."

    This is back peddle because first you say one thing then you tried to add to it to change the argument.

    You are the one who is lying, doesnt understand the word murder or the word backpedal and I have proved it.

    If you think im wrong please prove otherwise LOL

    now whip the egg off your face and move on because with ever post you dig yourself deeper or please continue because its funny as hell.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  6. #56
    Global Moderator
    The Hammer of Chaos
    Goshin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Dixie
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:09 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,157

    Re: Mom with shotgun fends off daughter's would-be kidnapper.

    Personally, I think it is a shame she didn't kill the guy.

    If he is still at large (I haven't heard otherwise), he remains a threat to the public and to children. Killing him would have removed that threat for the whole community.


    Anyone who breaks into another's house in the middle of the night is asking to get shot. Trying to abduct a child is deserving to get shot dead.


    In some jurisdictions, like mine, the mere fact that he broke into your home makes him legally shootable, if you have any reasonable belief that he might pose a threat.

    In my state he could have been shot while fleeing, since he'd demonstrably committed a serious violent felony (attempted forcible child abduction plus B&E and battery).

    Fiddling While Rome Burns
    ISIS: Carthago Delenda Est
    "I used to roll the dice; see the fear in my enemies' eyes... listen as the crowd would sing, 'now the old king is dead, Long Live the King.'.."

  7. #57
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,761

    Re: Mom with shotgun fends off daughter's would-be kidnapper.

    Quote Originally Posted by Goshin View Post
    Personally, I think it is a shame she didn't kill the guy.

    If he is still at large (I haven't heard otherwise), he remains a threat to the public and to children. Killing him would have removed that threat for the whole community.


    Anyone who breaks into another's house in the middle of the night is asking to get shot. Trying to abduct a child is deserving to get shot dead.


    In some jurisdictions, like mine, the mere fact that he broke into your home makes him legally shootable, if you have any reasonable belief that he might pose a threat.

    In my state he could have been shot while fleeing, since he'd demonstrably committed a serious violent felony (attempted forcible child abduction plus B&E and battery).
    no no no goshin he set the kid down that means he is a nice guy, no longer a threat and is probably riding a flying unicorn through a rainbow right now. <end sarcasm>

    and yes of course you are right, lethal force is totally legal in some places for just committing felonies such as this one and rape etc.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  8. #58
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Where they have FOX on in bars and restaurants
    Last Seen
    09-14-14 @ 02:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    14,700

    Re: Mom with shotgun fends off daughter's would-be kidnapper.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    Long barrels make it difficult to use in a building, is the first reason that comes to mind. Military shot guns are shorter for that reason.

    Double barrel = only 2 shots, is another reason. I'd rather have a nice pump-action or auto with more rounds.

    And I guess my last reason is I wouldn't have any gun to intimidate. I would have a gun to kill.
    Good points on shotguns and sawing the barrel off for home defense is a must I agree. Eighteen inches is the legal length for the barrel or 26 inches overall length which means you can generally get the barrel down to 16 inches or so. Thats what I always left with my wife when I used to work out of town alot.

  9. #59
    Global Moderator
    The Hammer of Chaos
    Goshin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Dixie
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:09 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,157

    Re: Mom with shotgun fends off daughter's would-be kidnapper.

    Quote Originally Posted by sawyerloggingon View Post
    Good points on shotguns and sawing the barrel off for home defense is a must I agree. Eighteen inches is the legal length for the barrel or 26 inches overall length which means you can generally get the barrel down to 16 inches or so. Thats what I always left with my wife when I used to work out of town alot.

    Bear in mind you can't saw it off yourself, has to be done by a gunsmith to be legal IIRC.

    Fiddling While Rome Burns
    ISIS: Carthago Delenda Est
    "I used to roll the dice; see the fear in my enemies' eyes... listen as the crowd would sing, 'now the old king is dead, Long Live the King.'.."

  10. #60
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Where they have FOX on in bars and restaurants
    Last Seen
    09-14-14 @ 02:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    14,700

    Re: Mom with shotgun fends off daughter's would-be kidnapper.

    Quote Originally Posted by Goshin View Post
    Bear in mind you can't saw it off yourself, has to be done by a gunsmith to be legal IIRC.
    I didn't know that.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •