Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 78

Thread: Mom with shotgun fends off daughter's would-be kidnapper.

  1. #41
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,736

    Re: Mom with shotgun fends off daughter's would-be kidnapper.

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    LOL this coming from the person who has admitted to just trolling threads before in the past? Puhhhlease. If you don't like people trolling your thread, maybe you shouldn't troll other people's threads.

    Back on topic though, I don't agree in taking away guns, however, yes there should be some gun control. I don't think a person should be able to fire off an M-60 whenever they want to in the neighborhoods. I think the gun control we have now though is pretty strict, however.

    Good on the mother having a shotgun, there is nothing wrong with that.
    no one disagrees with USE restrictions that make sense-like no shooting at skeet targets on Times Square or plinking tin cans in the middle of a busy city street. Its the possession restrictions that are idiotic

  2. #42
    Guru
    Chaddelamancha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    09-22-17 @ 12:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,546

    Re: Mom with shotgun fends off daughter's would-be kidnapper.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    The child's life was in imminent danger, and besides...it's to easy to say you thought you saw him reach for a weapon. He's already committing a felony, so in a void of direct evidence, who's more believable?
    Yea, it's easy to say, but lying about it makes you more guilty. Justify it any way you want to, it doesn't make it right. Your kid is safe, you are safe, and then you shoot the guy. That's murder. Congrats, now you are the criminal.
    Hail to the King baby!

  3. #43
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,822

    Re: Mom with shotgun fends off daughter's would-be kidnapper.

    Quote Originally Posted by Chaddelamancha View Post
    Shooting an unarmed man when your life isn't imminent danger isn't against the law? I bet I could find a prosecutor who would try the case.
    see this is called an assumption?

    umarmed meaningless to this case
    imminent danger meaningless to the case, nor is it need in self defense and its something subjective

    the prosecutor would have to prove there was no threat to me and my daughter nor were our lives in danger and i had no reasonable reason to think otherwise, Id love to see that.

    I think I could find a lawyer to defend me easier than youd find a prosecuter and I think a jury with parents, grandparents, uncles, aunts etc would likely side with me.

    unless of course you have some super solid way to prove that a man that fordably broke into my house:
    assaulted me, kicking me while im down
    fought me to get to my child
    grabbed my child and had possession of her
    fought me some more
    then made his escape

    is some how trustworthy and its not reasonably to think that he could seriously harm me or my child MORE or kill us both.

    now I admit I am assuming the jury would side with me but I have lots of reasonable logic to not trust this violent criminal and to think he is a real threat, what would your reasonable reason to deem him a not a threat?
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  4. #44
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,822

    Re: Mom with shotgun fends off daughter's would-be kidnapper.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    The child's life was in imminent danger, and besides...it's to easy to say you thought you saw him reach for a weapon. He's already committing a felony, so in a void of direct evidence, who's more believable?
    not to mention in some places in the US committing a felony of this nature deadly force is allowed based on that alone. Rape, abduction etc
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  5. #45
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,822

    Re: Mom with shotgun fends off daughter's would-be kidnapper.

    Quote Originally Posted by Chaddelamancha View Post
    Yea, it's easy to say, but lying about it makes you more guilty. Justify it any way you want to, it doesn't make it right. Your kid is safe, you are safe, and then you shoot the guy. That's murder. Congrats, now you are the criminal.
    nope thats you GUESSING again
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  6. #46
    Guru
    Chaddelamancha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    09-22-17 @ 12:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,546

    Re: Mom with shotgun fends off daughter's would-be kidnapper.

    Quote Originally Posted by Objective-J View Post
    see this is called an assumption?

    umarmed meaningless to this case
    imminent danger meaningless to the case, nor is it need in self defense and its something subjective

    the prosecutor would have to prove there was no threat to me and my daughter nor were our lives in danger and i had no reasonable reason to think otherwise, Id love to see that.

    I think I could find a lawyer to defend me easier than youd find a prosecuter and I think a jury with parents, grandparents, uncles, aunts etc would likely side with me.

    unless of course you have some super solid way to prove that a man that fordably broke into my house:
    assaulted me, kicking me while im down
    fought me to get to my child
    grabbed my child and had possession of her
    fought me some more
    then made his escape

    is some how trustworthy and its not reasonably to think that he could seriously harm me or my child MORE or kill us both.

    now I admit I am assuming the jury would side with me but I have lots of reasonable logic to not trust this violent criminal and to think he is a real threat, what would your reasonable reason to deem him a not a threat?
    I'm not arguing that it wouldn't be real easy to get away with it. Doesn't mean you didn't murder the guy.

    Quote Originally Posted by Objective-J View Post
    nope thats you GUESSING again
    Nope. Second-degree muder: murder by intent but without deliberation or premeditation. Fact.
    Hail to the King baby!

  7. #47
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,822

    Re: Mom with shotgun fends off daughter's would-be kidnapper.

    Ill never understand people that think its rational and reasonable to trust a criminal/felon in situations like these? Makes me laugh

    Why would any rational and smart person give someone like this the benefit of the doubt under the circumstance, I have no reason to "wonder" if they are a threat or to trust them them at all.

    now of course Im not saying everyperson would respond the same way Im just stating the fact theres no reason to trust a criminal/felon in the middle of another violent crime as such.

    You want me to trust you and not question the idea if you are a threat or not, keep you ass on the outside of my house, dont assult me and kick me while im down then try to steal my kid!

    the solution is pretty simple because doing the above can get you shot and killed and rightfully and justifiably so.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  8. #48
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,822

    Re: Mom with shotgun fends off daughter's would-be kidnapper.

    Quote Originally Posted by Chaddelamancha View Post
    1.)I'm not arguing that it wouldn't be real easy to get away with it. Doesn't mean you didn't murder the guy.



    2.)Nope. Second-degree muder: murder by intent but without deliberation or premeditation. Fact.
    1.) another back pedal you are getting good and ignoring the fact you are making wrong knee jerk statements

    translation: you have none lol

    actually it does mean I didnt murder the guy unless by some miracle you find enough stupid people to put on a jury that arent smart enough to realize its clearly reasonable not to trust a piece of crap felony in the middle of an assault and kidnapping case.

    I guess you think it is rational and reasonable to trust him LOL

    2.) um 100% wrong, what "I BOLDED" in your post was assumption and unless you could prove it, its not a fact.

    maybe thats the issue you simple dont understand facts vs opinion vs law lol
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  9. #49
    Guru
    Chaddelamancha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    09-22-17 @ 12:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,546

    Re: Mom with shotgun fends off daughter's would-be kidnapper.

    Quote Originally Posted by Objective-J View Post
    1.) another back pedal you are getting good and ignoring the fact you are making wrong knee jerk statements

    translation: you have none lol

    actually it does mean I didnt murder the guy unless by some miracle you find enough stupid people to put on a jury that arent smart enough to realize its clearly reasonable not to trust a piece of crap felony in the middle of an assault and kidnapping case.

    I guess you think it is rational and reasonable to trust him LOL

    2.) um 100% wrong, what "I BOLDED" in your post was assumption and unless you could prove it, its not a fact.

    maybe thats the issue you simple dont understand facts vs opinion vs law lol
    Still murder. If I steal something and a jury finds me not guilty, suddenly I am not a thief? Don't think so. And show me where my argument has changed because it hasn't.
    Hail to the King baby!

  10. #50
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,822

    Re: Mom with shotgun fends off daughter's would-be kidnapper.

    Quote Originally Posted by Chaddelamancha View Post
    Still murder. If I steal something and a jury finds me not guilty, suddenly I am not a thief? Don't think so. And show me where my argument has changed because it hasn't.
    yep thats it you just proved that you issue is with law

    no its not MURDER because thats a legal term, there no murder without being found guilty of it

    in your other example it depends on how you are using the words, if you steal something and are found not guilty, no you are not guilty of theft, you could be a thief (non legal) but you are not guilty of theft (legal)

    i think the word you are looking for is killer

    I would indeed be a killer but not a murderer

    you back peddled because you tried to say im untrustworthy and what I said was against the law, that was wrong
    then you back peddled again when you said my statement hurts my strict laws argument, it doe not
    then you back peddled again when you tried to ADD things like imminent danger and unarmed then instead of me going to jail you said it wouldnt be easy, then you tried to say its a fact it be second degree murder which was also wrong because you tried to force the wrong argument on me.

    Its a back pedal when you say something false, its proved wrong and you just move on to other things with new made up scenerios instead of addressing why you were already wrong.

    now if im wrong please tell me what you argument is because you are all over the place. What is your argument?

    My original statement still stands, i would have infact killed the guy and theres nothing in my statement that makes me a murder, untrustworthy or violates gun laws lol
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •