Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 78

Thread: Mom with shotgun fends off daughter's would-be kidnapper.

  1. #21
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Mom with shotgun fends off daughter's would-be kidnapper.

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    LOL this coming from the person who has admitted to just trolling threads before in the past? Puhhhlease. If you don't like people trolling your thread, maybe you shouldn't troll other people's threads.

    Back on topic though, I don't agree in taking away guns, however, yes there should be some gun control. I don't think a person should be able to fire off an M-60 whenever they want to in the neighborhoods. I think the gun control we have now though is pretty strict, however.

    Good on the mother having a shotgun, there is nothing wrong with that.
    Quite right, next time I'll take it to the Loft.

  2. #22
    Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    The Republic of Texas.
    Last Seen
    11-15-17 @ 11:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,647

    Re: Mom with shotgun fends off daughter's would-be kidnapper.

    She did that in Cali and got away with it? Wow. I would of thought they would of run her in like a mass murder and at least charged her with brandishing and menacing with a bond she couldn't afford. Do they still have that excessive force BS there?

  3. #23
    Sage
    jamesrage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    A place where common sense exists
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    31,067

    Re: Mom with shotgun fends off daughter's would-be kidnapper.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    This is why I 'need' a gun.

    You will never see the liberal media argue in favor of making it easier for law abiding citizens to own a firearm, nor will they encourage a law abiding citizen to get a firearm. But heaven forbid that the one in a billion chance out of the 270+million firearms in the hands of law abiding citizens a handful of guns are used for a mass shooting and they want to infringe on peoples right to keep and bear arms.
    "A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murder is less to fear"

    Cicero Marcus Tullius

  4. #24
    Guru
    Chaddelamancha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    09-22-17 @ 12:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,546

    Re: Mom with shotgun fends off daughter's would-be kidnapper.

    Quote Originally Posted by Objective-J View Post
    Dont know what type of shot gun it was, the distances she was from him, or how good a shot she was but if it was me?

    once he drops the kid, if I can do it safely, I shoot him dead.
    This is the kind of attitude that harms your argument. There is no reason for her to shoot him dead if her, or her daughters life, isn't in imminent danger.
    Hail to the King baby!

  5. #25
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Long Island, New York
    Last Seen
    10-12-14 @ 05:21 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    407

    Re: Mom with shotgun fends off daughter's would-be kidnapper.

    Quote Originally Posted by Chaddelamancha View Post
    This is the kind of attitude that harms your argument. There is no reason for her to shoot him dead if her, or her daughters life, isn't in imminent danger.
    You wouldn't consider kidnapping imminent danger?

  6. #26
    Guru
    Chaddelamancha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    09-22-17 @ 12:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,546

    Re: Mom with shotgun fends off daughter's would-be kidnapper.

    Quote Originally Posted by Das Sozialist View Post
    You wouldn't consider kidnapping imminent danger?
    Not after he dropped her kid.
    Hail to the King baby!

  7. #27
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Long Island, New York
    Last Seen
    10-12-14 @ 05:21 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    407

    Re: Mom with shotgun fends off daughter's would-be kidnapper.

    Quote Originally Posted by Chaddelamancha View Post
    Not after he dropped her kid.
    Fair enough. I, personally, would still probably shoot him even if it's just to injure him. If someone attempted to kidnap a family member (or myself) I would try to make sure they couldn't get away and/or commit the crime again.

  8. #28
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,761

    Re: Mom with shotgun fends off daughter's would-be kidnapper.

    Quote Originally Posted by Chaddelamancha View Post
    This is the kind of attitude that harms your argument. There is no reason for her to shoot him dead if her, or her daughters life, isn't in imminent danger.
    harms what argument? LMAO
    I didnt make any argument I simply stated what I would have done if it was possible and I stand by that statement.

    If it was me and I had a clear shot after he sets my daughter down I shoot him dead,
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  9. #29
    Guru
    Chaddelamancha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    09-22-17 @ 12:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,546

    Re: Mom with shotgun fends off daughter's would-be kidnapper.

    Quote Originally Posted by Objective-J View Post
    harms what argument? LMAO
    I didnt make any argument I simply stated what I would have done if it was possible and I stand by that statement.

    If it was me and I had a clear shot after he sets my daughter down I shoot him dead,
    Which is why we have gun laws. Some people just can't be trusted.
    Hail to the King baby!

  10. #30
    Guru
    Chaddelamancha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    09-22-17 @ 12:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,546

    Re: Mom with shotgun fends off daughter's would-be kidnapper.

    Quote Originally Posted by Das Sozialist View Post
    Fair enough. I, personally, would still probably shoot him even if it's just to injure him. If someone attempted to kidnap a family member (or myself) I would try to make sure they couldn't get away and/or commit the crime again.
    I would probably do the same. But when people say "I would shoot him dead", either it's big talk on the internet, or they are the types of people we don't want having guns. Just because you can shoot and kill someone, doesn't mean you should, that's what makes you a criminal.
    Hail to the King baby!

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •