Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 25 of 25

Thread: Prosecutor: Ga. murder case uncovers terror plot

  1. #21
    Sage
    Somerville's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    On an island. Not that one!
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:51 PM
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    10,591

    Re: Prosecutor: Ga. murder case uncovers terror plot

    Quote Originally Posted by Blue_State View Post
    Interesting. When I went through basic training, and then later OBC, pride in our country was definitely instilled into us. Things must have changed.
    It all depends on your definition of "our country" - the white supremacists and groups like Oath Keepers see "their country" being taken over by the others and as a consequence they feel they are the 'true' patriots.


    from 2010 Palin: "It's Time to Take Our Country Back"

    The nation's motto was E Pluribus Unum until the Red Scare days of the 1950s, but some who call themselves American patriots don't quite grasp the implications of it.
    “And I have no doubt that every new example will succeed, as every past one has done, in shewing that religion & Govt will both exist in greater purity, the less they are mixed together.”
    ~ James Madison, letter to Edward Livingston, July 10, 1822

  2. #22
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    08-09-13 @ 07:14 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    11,600

    Re: Prosecutor: Ga. murder case uncovers terror plot

    Quote Originally Posted by Blue_State View Post
    Interesting. When I went through basic training, and then later OBC, pride in our country was definitely instilled into us. Things must have changed.
    Patriotism as opposed to Nationalism.... Yes, yes, yes.........

  3. #23
    Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    The Republic of Texas.
    Last Seen
    11-15-17 @ 10:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,647

    Re: Prosecutor: Ga. murder case uncovers terror plot

    Quote Originally Posted by Somerville View Post
    It all depends on your definition of "our country" - the white supremacists and groups like Oath Keepers see "their country" being taken over by the others and as a consequence they feel they are the 'true' patriots.


    from 2010 Palin: "It's Time to Take Our Country Back"

    The nation's motto was E Pluribus Unum until the Red Scare days of the 1950s, but some who call themselves American patriots don't quite grasp the implications of it.
    Considering the intrusion of socialist and those supporting socialistic policies, I wouldn't limit it to white supremacists, in fact, I would probably agree that some groups have a very ligitimate point. I had absolutely no "pride in country" under Clinton, only very little under Bush and if I had stayed in long enough, I would never have any under Comrade Premier Obama. Considering the political stances and policies of the Democrats since the 1960s, it wasn't a "red scare", it was a legitimate concern and prediction of the future.

  4. #24
    Sage
    Somerville's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    On an island. Not that one!
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:51 PM
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    10,591

    Re: Prosecutor: Ga. murder case uncovers terror plot

    Quote Originally Posted by DVSentinel View Post
    Considering the intrusion of socialist and those supporting socialistic policies, I wouldn't limit it to white supremacists, in fact, I would probably agree that some groups have a very ligitimate point. I had absolutely no "pride in country" under Clinton, only very little under Bush and if I had stayed in long enough, I would never have any under Comrade Premier Obama. Considering the political stances and policies of the Democrats since the 1960s, it wasn't a "red scare", it was a legitimate concern and prediction of the future.

    I do believe you have created an alternative universe for I do not recognise the country you describe.
    “And I have no doubt that every new example will succeed, as every past one has done, in shewing that religion & Govt will both exist in greater purity, the less they are mixed together.”
    ~ James Madison, letter to Edward Livingston, July 10, 1822

  5. #25
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    08-09-13 @ 07:14 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    11,600

    Re: Prosecutor: Ga. murder case uncovers terror plot

    Quote Originally Posted by DVSentinel View Post
    Considering the intrusion of socialist and those supporting socialistic policies, I wouldn't limit it to white supremacists, in fact, I would probably agree that some groups have a very ligitimate point. I had absolutely no "pride in country" under Clinton, only very little under Bush and if I had stayed in long enough, I would never have any under Comrade Premier Obama. Considering the political stances and policies of the Democrats since the 1960s, it wasn't a "red scare", it was a legitimate concern and prediction of the future.
    Our country isn't about who is president. ... its about how we navigate the ever changing challenges.

    The Red Scare wasn't particularly real, but it was a useful unifier for the times.

    I only experienced "Duck and Cover" once while I was in school in the US for about 6 weeks.. circa 1955.

    I remember distinctly wondering how that was going to protect us from a nuclear bomb.. as I was balled up underneath an oak school desk.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •