Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 46

Thread: Mexican Drug Cartels Fight Turf Battles In Chicago

  1. #31
    Advisor Another Lurker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Uncle Joe's state
    Last Seen
    09-01-12 @ 10:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    319

    Re: Mexican Drug Cartels Fight Turf Battles In Chicago

    Quote Originally Posted by samsmart View Post
    No, this is gang violence we're talking about, as gang kill each other and innocent bystanders in order to control the recreational drug trade because only gangs will deal in that market.
    How right you are. Gangs would NEVER get involved with prostitution, kidnapping or murder for hire. NOPE, NEVER, EVER would they do that. They are, after all, ONLY INTERESTED IN RECREATIONAL DRUGS and don't you victims forget it either.

    A L

  2. #32
    Sage
    lpast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Fla
    Last Seen
    05-21-16 @ 10:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    13,565

    Re: Mexican Drug Cartels Fight Turf Battles In Chicago

    Quote Originally Posted by samsmart View Post
    Tobacco has a bigger adverse affect on people than illegal drugs do, and nicotine in cigarettes is more addictive than heroin, but cigarettes remain legal.

    Likewise, use of sugars in processed foods has a bigger adverse affect on people than illegal drugs do, as our society is becoming more obese and cases of diabetes rise which is a strain on the cost of health care. But use of sugar in processed foods is addictive but remains unregulated.

    Caffeine is an addictive substance, but we do not regulate how much sodas children drink, even though sodas have other deleterious health affects when consumed in large amounts.

    So if we're going to go after all addictive substances then let's go after all the addictive substances.

    Otherwise, legalize them all, educate people on the effects of recreational drugs, and leave them alone to live their lives as they see fit.

    Your so far off base its ridiculous on this one sam...YOU are far to intelligent to even attempt to compare cigarettes and nicotine to heroin or any other drug...CIGARETTES are not a psychotropic that changes your psyche...yes nicotine is definitiely addictive compound but doesnt have any more health implications than hard drug use and weed smoking...but the main thing is PSYCHOTROPIC...you'd do better to compare alchohol to drugs...and even that is a poor comparision because MILLIONS of people have a drink with dinner or an after dinner drink or a cocktail or two a day and thats HEALTHY and you can imbibe without changing your psyche...drugs ONLY purpose is to get you whacked...and theres no in betweens...you either use and get whacked or you dont...

  3. #33
    Discount Philosopher
    specklebang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Last Seen
    06-05-14 @ 08:26 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    11,524

    Re: Mexican Drug Cartels Fight Turf Battles In Chicago

    Crack and Meth are no better or worse than alcohol or tobacco. Indeed, those 2 in particular are far less addictive than tobacco. I've done them all and the only one I can't successfully quit is tobacco.


    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    That's just nonsense. Nothing you listed has near the harmful effects as crack or meth. Tobacco is indeed a harmful drug, but, like alcohol, for good or bad, it's written in to our society from the beginning. Not so with the schedule 1 drugs. And again, there's a large difference between the drugs you mention and schedule 1 drugs, both in their level and strength of addicition and the effects of abuse and addiction.

    It's not an all or nothing thing, that's just the method that suits your argument. With the drugs you mention, they can be used in moderation with little to no health impact (in fact just the opposite). If you use crack or meth even moderate use is devastating to your health and addiction is inevitable.

  4. #34
    Advisor Another Lurker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Uncle Joe's state
    Last Seen
    09-01-12 @ 10:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    319

    Re: Mexican Drug Cartels Fight Turf Battles In Chicago

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    There's a reason drugs like cocaine and heroin were made prescription items, a good deal of our population was addicted at one time in our history - we don't need to return to that. The Chinese had to do the same with opium for the same reasons.
    Totally correct. I have a tax stamp from a little over a hundred years ago which was put on narcotics for sale. Not only were they legal but they were also taxed. And who'da thunk Congress would eliminate a source of tax income and make something illegal. Many folks don't seem to know that little tidbit ... so much for education and history lessons.

    A L

  5. #35
    Sage
    samsmart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,316
    Blog Entries
    37

    Re: Mexican Drug Cartels Fight Turf Battles In Chicago

    Quote Originally Posted by Another Lurker View Post
    How right you are. Gangs would NEVER get involved with prostitution, kidnapping or murder for hire. NOPE, NEVER, EVER would they do that. They are, after all, ONLY INTERESTED IN RECREATIONAL DRUGS and don't you victims forget it either.

    A L
    No, gangs do get involved with those activities.

    However, all of those activities are infringements of the rights of others to inflict harm on others.

    Use of recreational drugs does not infringe on the rights of others nor do they inflict harm on others when used responsibly.

    Which is the ethical difference between recreational drug use and activities such as kidnapping and murder.
    Also, we need to legalize recreational drugs and prostitution.

  6. #36
    Advisor Another Lurker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Uncle Joe's state
    Last Seen
    09-01-12 @ 10:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    319

    Re: Mexican Drug Cartels Fight Turf Battles In Chicago

    Quote Originally Posted by samsmart View Post
    And people will use recreational drugs whether they are illegal or not. Just like people drank alcohol before, during, and after Prohibition whether it was legal or not.
    Yep, and people will rape and murder whether those are legal or not. So I guess we should decriminalize rape and murder (using YOUR logic - and/or lack thereof).

    A L

  7. #37
    Advisor Another Lurker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Uncle Joe's state
    Last Seen
    09-01-12 @ 10:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    319

    Re: Mexican Drug Cartels Fight Turf Battles In Chicago

    Quote Originally Posted by samsmart View Post
    No, gangs do get involved with those activities.

    However, all of those activities are infringements of the rights of others to inflict harm on others.

    Use of recreational drugs does not infringe on the rights of others nor do they inflict harm on others when used responsibly.

    Which is the ethical difference between recreational drug use and activities such as kidnapping and murder.
    As usual you have missed the point or you don't want to answer it.

    You stated that the gangs were only involved in recreational drugs. I point out your error. But you obviously (in your mind) never made an error.

    O well.

    A L

  8. #38
    Sage
    samsmart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,316
    Blog Entries
    37

    Re: Mexican Drug Cartels Fight Turf Battles In Chicago

    Quote Originally Posted by Another Lurker View Post
    Yep, and people will rape and murder whether those are legal or not. So I guess we should decriminalize rape and murder (using YOUR logic - and/or lack thereof).

    A L
    No, because, as I said, rape and murder are infringement of the rights of others, whereas a person's use of recreational drugs are not.

    Which I pointed out in that post you quoted.

    So if you are going to debate a post I made, you should read it more thoroughly instead of bringing up the same debunked counter to it over and over again.
    Also, we need to legalize recreational drugs and prostitution.

  9. #39
    Sage
    samsmart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,316
    Blog Entries
    37

    Re: Mexican Drug Cartels Fight Turf Battles In Chicago

    Quote Originally Posted by Another Lurker View Post
    As usual you have missed the point or you don't want to answer it.

    You stated that the gangs were only involved in recreational drugs. I point out your error. But you obviously (in your mind) never made an error.

    O well.

    A L
    I did not say gangs only deal in recreational drugs.

    I said that only gangs deal in recreational drugs.

    Please learn to read more closely to people's posts.
    Also, we need to legalize recreational drugs and prostitution.

  10. #40
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: Mexican Drug Cartels Fight Turf Battles In Chicago

    Quote Originally Posted by specklebang View Post
    Crack and Meth are no better or worse than alcohol or tobacco. Indeed, those 2 in particular are far less addictive than tobacco. I've done them all and the only one I can't successfully quit is tobacco.
    Really? I find it extremely difficult to believe you used crack or meth with the same regularity you smoked in order to become addicted to cigs. The first cigarette generally doesn't addict, in fact, the first one is rather nasty for most users. The effects of even light use of crack and meth are radically more devastating than cigs and use will not stay light.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •