Page 9 of 103 FirstFirst ... 78910111959 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 1026

Thread: Christian Woman Fired from Burger King for Wearing Skirt Instead of Pants

  1. #81
    Sage
    Kreton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Colorado Springs
    Last Seen
    11-13-17 @ 08:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    6,118

    Re: Christian Woman Fired from Burger King for Wearing Skirt Instead of Pants

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    Oh reeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaally. That seems to be the entire argument in favor of discriminating against homosexuals. It's a choice. Right? So if choices CAN be discriminated against - what's so different about discriminating against Christians on the same basis?
    I never said discrimination was ok. so your argument fails right there.
    “Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply.”
    Stephen R. Covey


  2. #82
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,053

    Re: Christian Woman Fired from Burger King for Wearing Skirt Instead of Pants

    Quote Originally Posted by muciti View Post
    religion is not nonsense any more than homosexuality or anything else.
    Sure it is. It's a belief magical beings that can't be proven or disproven anymore than leprechauns can. Homosexuality is the adherence to a person's very real biological desires. One is tangible. The other isn't.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  3. #83
    Sage
    Kreton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Colorado Springs
    Last Seen
    11-13-17 @ 08:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    6,118

    Re: Christian Woman Fired from Burger King for Wearing Skirt Instead of Pants

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    Sure it is. It's a belief magical beings that can't be proven or disproven anymore than leprechauns can. Homosexuality is the adherence to a person's very real biological desires. One is tangible. The other isn't.
    by that same logic you could say religion is driven by ones very real biological desires as well as their spiritual desires.
    “Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply.”
    Stephen R. Covey


  4. #84
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,053

    Re: Christian Woman Fired from Burger King for Wearing Skirt Instead of Pants

    Quote Originally Posted by muciti View Post
    by that same logic you could say religion is driven by ones very real biological desires as well as their spiritual desires.
    By the same logic of what? Are there ANY scientific studies linking DNA to religious belief? If anything it's been connected to parts of the brain - which leave it somewhere between psychosis and stupidity. Depending on how biased ya are. But if you have studies linking religion to DNA, something which is passed down genetically or can be patterned through genetics, show us.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  5. #85
    Global Moderator
    The Truth is out there.
    Kal'Stang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry ID USA
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    32,863
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Christian Woman Fired from Burger King for Wearing Skirt Instead of Pants

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    I keep noticing that they refered to a "long black skirt", not once did they say "dress". To me that would indicate that it went to just below or just above the knees. Anything longer would be a dress. Now considering this religion it was prolly just below the knees. And that is a health hazard. They don't make people wear black slacks just because it looks good. Its also a slight safety matter as it protects from popping greese. Slacks are loose enough that if hot greese gets on them you can immediately pull the pants away from the skin to protect yourself. Can't exactly pull skin away now can ya?

    But in any case I think its idiotic that buisnesses have to accomodate anyones belief. Be it religious or not. If this woman had gone to a farm which required riding a horse through thick brush and as such they required the woman to wear chaps and the woman refused to because its "man clothing" should she get the job? Hellz no! The same should apply to any other job. There is absolutely no reason that any buisness should have to accomodate someone for something like this. Its idiotic and totaltarian imo to force them to.

    Its one thing to discriminate against the religion itself...quite another to discriminate against an article of clothing.
    I have an answer for everything...you may not like the answer or it may not satisfy your curiosity..but it will still be an answer. ~ Kal'Stang

    My mind and my heart are saying I'm in my twenties. My body is pointing at my mind and heart and laughing its ass off. ~ Kal'Stang

  6. #86
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,053

    Re: Christian Woman Fired from Burger King for Wearing Skirt Instead of Pants

    Quote Originally Posted by Kal'Stang View Post
    I keep noticing that they refered to a "long black skirt", not once did they say "dress". To me that would indicate that it went to just below or just above the knees. Anything longer would be a dress. Now considering this religion it was prolly just below the knees. And that is a health hazard. They don't make people wear black slacks just because it looks good. Its also a slight safety matter as it protects from popping greese. Slacks are loose enough that if hot greese gets on them you can immediately pull the pants away from the skin to protect yourself. Can't exactly pull skin away now can ya?

    But in any case I think its idiotic that buisnesses have to accomodate anyones belief. Be it religious or not. If this woman had gone to a farm which required riding a horse through thick brush and as such they required the woman to wear chaps and the woman refused to because its "man clothing" should she get the job? Hellz no! The same should apply to any other job. There is absolutely no reason that any buisness should have to accomodate someone for something like this. Its idiotic and totaltarian imo to force them to.

    Its one thing to discriminate against the religion itself...quite another to discriminate against an article of clothing.
    The question is not that it's totalitarian. It's that it's a standard policy that there is very little way she couldn't have been aware of before she signed up for the job. Her unverifiable and mostly unenforceable verbal contract be damned. She probably knew about it and decided her beliefs still mattered more when the day came to show up for the job.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  7. #87
    Global Moderator
    The Hammer of Chaos
    Goshin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Dixie
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,167

    Re: Christian Woman Fired from Burger King for Wearing Skirt Instead of Pants

    Quote Originally Posted by Kal'Stang View Post
    I keep noticing that they refered to a "long black skirt", not once did they say "dress". To me that would indicate that it went to just below or just above the knees. Anything longer would be a dress. Now considering this religion it was prolly just below the knees. And that is a health hazard. They don't make people wear black slacks just because it looks good. Its also a slight safety matter as it protects from popping greese. Slacks are loose enough that if hot greese gets on them you can immediately pull the pants away from the skin to protect yourself. Can't exactly pull skin away now can ya?

    But in any case I think its idiotic that buisnesses have to accomodate anyones belief. Be it religious or not. If this woman had gone to a farm which required riding a horse through thick brush and as such they required the woman to wear chaps and the woman refused to because its "man clothing" should she get the job? Hellz no! The same should apply to any other job. There is absolutely no reason that any buisness should have to accomodate someone for something like this. Its idiotic and totaltarian imo to force them to.

    Its one thing to discriminate against the religion itself...quite another to discriminate against an article of clothing.
    Kal, a "dress" is a complete covering garment, usually one piece. A "skirt" is the part from the waist down. "Dress" and "skirt" have no connotation about length inherent in the terms.

    I've known Pentecostal women whose churches teach this, and I've never seen one in a dress that was much higher than ankle length... they don't believe in exposing the calf of the leg so their skirts go almost to the ankle, if not over it. There's no reason she can't flip burgers in such a skirt. BK is just being a dick.

    Fiddling While Rome Burns
    ISIS: Carthago Delenda Est
    "I used to roll the dice; see the fear in my enemies' eyes... listen as the crowd would sing, 'now the old king is dead, Long Live the King.'.."

  8. #88
    Sage
    Kreton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Colorado Springs
    Last Seen
    11-13-17 @ 08:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    6,118

    Re: Christian Woman Fired from Burger King for Wearing Skirt Instead of Pants

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    By the same logic of what? Are there ANY scientific studies linking DNA to religious belief? If anything it's been connected to parts of the brain - which leave it somewhere between psychosis and stupidity. Depending on how biased ya are. But if you have studies linking religion to DNA, something which is passed down genetically or can be patterned through genetics, show us.
    plenty of studies have been done on religion you can feel free to look them up. there are billions of people in this world who would tell you that their faith is true, that they did not choose their religion, god found them. You can find people who are gay and who dont all share some homosexual dna. homosexuality is not genetic any more than religion. however you want to try to twist it doesnt change anything. you choose to try to discredit religion because you dont want to believe it which is fine. doesnt change anything. homosexuality and religion are not that differnt. it is you who chooses to discriminate and mock.
    “Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply.”
    Stephen R. Covey


  9. #89
    Global Moderator
    Rage More!
    Your Star's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    26,362

    Re: Christian Woman Fired from Burger King for Wearing Skirt Instead of Pants

    Quote Originally Posted by Kal'Stang View Post
    I keep noticing that they refered to a "long black skirt", not once did they say "dress". To me that would indicate that it went to just below or just above the knees. Anything longer would be a dress. Now considering this religion it was prolly just below the knees. And that is a health hazard. They don't make people wear black slacks just because it looks good. Its also a slight safety matter as it protects from popping greese. Slacks are loose enough that if hot greese gets on them you can immediately pull the pants away from the skin to protect yourself. Can't exactly pull skin away now can ya?

    But in any case I think its idiotic that buisnesses have to accomodate anyones belief. Be it religious or not. If this woman had gone to a farm which required riding a horse through thick brush and as such they required the woman to wear chaps and the woman refused to because its "man clothing" should she get the job? Hellz no! The same should apply to any other job. There is absolutely no reason that any buisness should have to accomodate someone for something like this. Its idiotic and totaltarian imo to force them to.

    Its one thing to discriminate against the religion itself...quite another to discriminate against an article of clothing.
    No, it's a skirt, a long skirt that goes to the ankles, if it's just a bottom it's not a dress.
    Eat me, drink me, love me;
    Laura make much of me

  10. #90
    Global Moderator
    The Truth is out there.
    Kal'Stang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry ID USA
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    32,863
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Christian Woman Fired from Burger King for Wearing Skirt Instead of Pants

    No one ever said I had a fasion sense.

    But I still stand by the rest of what I said.
    I have an answer for everything...you may not like the answer or it may not satisfy your curiosity..but it will still be an answer. ~ Kal'Stang

    My mind and my heart are saying I'm in my twenties. My body is pointing at my mind and heart and laughing its ass off. ~ Kal'Stang

Page 9 of 103 FirstFirst ... 78910111959 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •