Page 88 of 103 FirstFirst ... 3878868788899098 ... LastLast
Results 871 to 880 of 1026

Thread: Christian Woman Fired from Burger King for Wearing Skirt Instead of Pants

  1. #871
    Guru

    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Last Seen
    06-28-17 @ 10:30 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,909

    Re: Christian Woman Fired from Burger King for Wearing Skirt Instead of Pants

    Quote Originally Posted by Kal'Stang View Post
    And how many times has the EEOC been proven wrong? Your adherance to them is interesting.
    My "adherence" is based on the fact that the EEOC, as the appropriate agency, has actually investigated the claim, unlike anyone here at DP, and that agency is a primary source. That is why I am relying on the fact that they have a prima facie case sounding in discrimination. Should their assessment be incorrect BK has the right to file a responsive pleading based on RULE 12. (b) (6) failure to state a claim upon which relief can be granted. Therefore I am not "hitching my wagon" to her and stating she will prevail. I am saying should the EEOC have done an accurate and adequate job this matter will be determined at trial and unless BK can "demonstrates that they are unable to reasonably accommodate to an employee’s or prospective employee’s religious observance or practice without undue hardship on the conduct of the employer’s business" the woman will prevail...

  2. #872
    Bus Driver to Hell
    Thorgasm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    12-14-17 @ 06:57 PM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    68,198

    Re: Christian Woman Fired from Burger King for Wearing Skirt Instead of Pants

    Quote Originally Posted by Kal'Stang View Post
    YOU consider the Pastafarian example retarded...would the Pastafarians? Funny how you are willing to reject them but not this woman. Is it because this womans religion is a more acceptable type of religion compared?
    Look, making stuff up isn't helping your argument. It's obvious you don't want to be taken seriously.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kal'Stang View Post
    Pincushion guy as you call him would present no more of a safety hazard than this woman would.
    Then you are hopelessly ignorant about food safety requirements.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kal'Stang View Post
    As for the Satanists...it doesn't matter as long as its considered "reasonable" right?
    You'd have to actually give a real life example. Making stuff up just shows the clownishness of your argument.
    Quote Originally Posted by faithful_servant View Post
    Being a psychiatric patient does not mean that you are mentally ill.



  3. #873
    Bus Driver to Hell
    Thorgasm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    12-14-17 @ 06:57 PM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    68,198

    Re: Christian Woman Fired from Burger King for Wearing Skirt Instead of Pants

    Quote Originally Posted by Kal'Stang View Post
    Why not? If this woman can make BK let her wear a skirt then why couldn't a woman wearing a burka do the same to Hooters?
    Because Hooters wouldn't hire her in the first place. You are really reaching far and failing. I'm embarrassed for you.
    Quote Originally Posted by faithful_servant View Post
    Being a psychiatric patient does not mean that you are mentally ill.



  4. #874
    Bus Driver to Hell
    Thorgasm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    12-14-17 @ 06:57 PM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    68,198

    Re: Christian Woman Fired from Burger King for Wearing Skirt Instead of Pants

    Quote Originally Posted by Cephus View Post
    I meant that if they're going to believe in stupid crap, they ought to embrace the consequences that comes along with believing stupid crap. Their foolish beliefs just might cost them potential jobs. They have a choice, either stop believing stupid crap or have a harder time finding work.
    This wouldn't be an issue if they didn't hire her. They weren't forced to hire her.
    Quote Originally Posted by faithful_servant View Post
    Being a psychiatric patient does not mean that you are mentally ill.



  5. #875
    Guru

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Illinois
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:03 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    3,335
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Christian Woman Fired from Burger King for Wearing Skirt Instead of Pants

    Quote Originally Posted by Cephus View Post
    Of course she knew they didn't allow skirts, otherwise she wouldn't have asked for an exception from the rule! She was very much aware of the rules.
    I dont think she asked for an exception. From what I gather she asked if it was going to be a problem.

  6. #876
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:40 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    57,148

    Re: Christian Woman Fired from Burger King for Wearing Skirt Instead of Pants

    Quote Originally Posted by Connery View Post
    What I am doing is applying the facts to the law and determining that there is a violation of a law for which BK is duty bound to comply with.
    Yes I agree that might be the case, and I suspect a Judge will make a more informed decision on that than either of us could. But that was not the point under discussion between Goshin and myself. BK may have violated the law. They did not violate the womans' rights.

  7. #877
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:40 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    57,148

    Re: Christian Woman Fired from Burger King for Wearing Skirt Instead of Pants

    Quote Originally Posted by Thorgasm View Post
    This wouldn't be an issue if they didn't hire her. They weren't forced to hire her.
    Nope. Nor are they forced to keep her. Just as she is free to change her mind and quit, BK is free to change their mind about skirts. Though as I understand it, the interviewer in this case got it wrong initially, and everyone else after that attempted to correct the oversight.

  8. #878
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:40 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    57,148

    Re: Christian Woman Fired from Burger King for Wearing Skirt Instead of Pants

    Quote Originally Posted by Thorgasm View Post
    Because Hooters wouldn't hire her in the first place. You are really reaching far and failing. I'm embarrassed for you.
    Not really. He is pointing out that private businesses, when they offer jobs to people, have the right to control what they are going to pay people to do, including wearing work uniforms.

  9. #879
    Guru

    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Last Seen
    06-28-17 @ 10:30 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,909

    Re: Christian Woman Fired from Burger King for Wearing Skirt Instead of Pants

    Quote Originally Posted by cpwill View Post
    Yes I agree that might be the case, and I suspect a Judge will make a more informed decision on that than either of us could. But that was not the point under discussion between Goshin and myself. BK may have violated the law.
    Yep

    They did not violate the womans' rights.
    They could not as they area private corporation for which the constitution in this regard does not apply.

  10. #880
    Bus Driver to Hell
    Thorgasm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    12-14-17 @ 06:57 PM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    68,198

    Re: Christian Woman Fired from Burger King for Wearing Skirt Instead of Pants

    Quote Originally Posted by cpwill View Post
    Not really. He is pointing out that private businesses, when they offer jobs to people, have the right to control what they are going to pay people to do, including wearing work uniforms.
    And Title VII and the courts have said that reasonable accommodations will be made for religious practices that aren't a burden to the company.
    Quote Originally Posted by faithful_servant View Post
    Being a psychiatric patient does not mean that you are mentally ill.



Page 88 of 103 FirstFirst ... 3878868788899098 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •