Page 69 of 103 FirstFirst ... 1959676869707179 ... LastLast
Results 681 to 690 of 1026

Thread: Christian Woman Fired from Burger King for Wearing Skirt Instead of Pants

  1. #681
    Professor
    wolfsgirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,259

    Re: Christian Woman Fired from Burger King for Wearing Skirt Instead of Pants

    Quote Originally Posted by Thorgasm View Post
    Yes, that's just like wearing a long skirt.
    Would having piercings and visible tattoos interfere with taking orders, and pushing buttons on a cash register?

    Why is it ok to make allowances for some religions, and not others?
    " May you live as long as you wish, and love as long as you live"
    R.A. Heinlein

  2. #682
    Bus Driver to Hell
    Thorgasm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:40 PM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    68,451

    Re: Christian Woman Fired from Burger King for Wearing Skirt Instead of Pants

    Quote Originally Posted by wolfsgirl View Post
    Would having piercings and visible tattoos interfere with taking orders, and pushing buttons on a cash register?

    Why is it ok to make allowances for some religions, and not others?
    A piercing could fall out and into someone's food.

    There is nothing unsettling to customers about a long skirt. Using your skull as a pincushion is a different story.
    Quote Originally Posted by faithful_servant View Post
    Being a psychiatric patient does not mean that you are mentally ill.



  3. #683
    Professor
    wolfsgirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,259

    Re: Christian Woman Fired from Burger King for Wearing Skirt Instead of Pants

    Quote Originally Posted by Thorgasm View Post
    A piercing could fall out and into someone's food.

    There is nothing unsettling to customers about a long skirt. Using your skull as a pincushion is a different story.
    She could trip in a long skirt and get hurt, which would set the business up for a lawsuit.

    Either you support making businesses make accommodations for religious beliefs, or you don't. If you do support it, then that means ALL religions.
    " May you live as long as you wish, and love as long as you live"
    R.A. Heinlein

  4. #684
    Bus Driver to Hell
    Thorgasm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:40 PM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    68,451

    Re: Christian Woman Fired from Burger King for Wearing Skirt Instead of Pants

    Quote Originally Posted by wolfsgirl View Post
    She could trip in a long skirt and get hurt, which would set the business up for a lawsuit.

    Either you support making businesses make accommodations for religious beliefs, or you don't. If you do support it, then that means ALL religions.
    Nice false dichotomy.

    I support reasonable accommodations.
    Quote Originally Posted by faithful_servant View Post
    Being a psychiatric patient does not mean that you are mentally ill.



  5. #685
    Professor
    wolfsgirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,259

    Re: Christian Woman Fired from Burger King for Wearing Skirt Instead of Pants

    Quote Originally Posted by Thorgasm View Post
    Nice false dichotomy.

    I support reasonable accommodations.
    What would reasonable be? The ability to do the job? If so piercings would have no effect.
    " May you live as long as you wish, and love as long as you live"
    R.A. Heinlein

  6. #686
    Bus Driver to Hell
    Thorgasm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:40 PM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    68,451

    Re: Christian Woman Fired from Burger King for Wearing Skirt Instead of Pants

    Quote Originally Posted by wolfsgirl View Post
    What would reasonable be? The ability to do the job? If so piercings would have no effect.
    No effect? If they sneeze they could put someone's eye out!

    If you ignore the fact that facial piercings are against food safety code and will be found unsettling to customers, then yeah, it's just like a long skirt,

    Reasonable is not having an effect on food safety or the guest's experience.
    Quote Originally Posted by faithful_servant View Post
    Being a psychiatric patient does not mean that you are mentally ill.



  7. #687
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    85,092

    Re: Christian Woman Fired from Burger King for Wearing Skirt Instead of Pants

    Quote Originally Posted by Thorgasm View Post
    Nice false dichotomy.

    I support reasonable accommodations.
    PC ones too, huh?
    Quote Originally Posted by americanwoman View Post
    So there is absolutely no evidence this woman, whom you called a slut, did this but you are ready to take someone's word as evidence. Guess you don't think witch hunts have to end when it's going after the certain people.

  8. #688
    Professor
    wolfsgirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,259

    Re: Christian Woman Fired from Burger King for Wearing Skirt Instead of Pants

    Quote Originally Posted by Thorgasm View Post
    No effect? If they sneeze they could put someone's eye out!

    If you ignore the fact that facial piercings are against food safety code and will be found unsettling to customers, then yeah, it's just like a long skirt,

    Reasonable is not having an effect on food safety or the guest's experience.
    Piercings with captive beads are less likely to fall off than regular earrings.
    The whole point is that you can't pick and choose which religions you want the government to make laws to protect, and also which religions should be protected by business practices. It really is an all or nothing thing.
    " May you live as long as you wish, and love as long as you live"
    R.A. Heinlein

  9. #689
    Bus Driver to Hell
    Thorgasm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:40 PM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    68,451

    Re: Christian Woman Fired from Burger King for Wearing Skirt Instead of Pants

    Quote Originally Posted by wolfsgirl View Post
    Piercings with captive beads are less likely to fall off than regular earrings.
    The whole point is that you can't pick and choose which religions you want the government to make laws to protect, and also which religions should be protected by business practices. It really is an all or nothing thing.
    It is not an all or nothing thing.

    You do realize that accommodations have always been made for religion right? While rings are not acceptable to wear in food service, they will accommodate for wedding bands. No one makes you wash the ashes off your forehead on Ash Wednesday.
    Quote Originally Posted by faithful_servant View Post
    Being a psychiatric patient does not mean that you are mentally ill.



  10. #690
    Sage

    Kreton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Over that way
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    7,566

    Re: Christian Woman Fired from Burger King for Wearing Skirt Instead of Pants

    Quote Originally Posted by Thorgasm View Post
    It is not an all or nothing thing.

    You do realize that accommodations have always been made for religion right? While rings are not acceptable to wear in food service, they will accommodate for wedding bands. No one makes you wash the ashes off your forehead on Ash Wednesday.
    Accomodating is something that should be left to the individual businesses discretion not mandated by law.
    I'm for truth, no matter who tells it. I'm for justice, no matter who it is for or against. I'm a human being, first and foremost, and as such I'm for whoever and whatever benefits humanity as a whole.


Page 69 of 103 FirstFirst ... 1959676869707179 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •