Page 63 of 103 FirstFirst ... 1353616263646573 ... LastLast
Results 621 to 630 of 1026

Thread: Christian Woman Fired from Burger King for Wearing Skirt Instead of Pants

  1. #621
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Christian Woman Fired from Burger King for Wearing Skirt Instead of Pants

    Quote Originally Posted by Lovebug View Post
    She shows her face for identification purposes, the isn't hindering anyone. What's the problem? If the woman were Muslim, BK et al would have fallen over themselves to accommodate her.
    Yeah, and all of these accommodations are made possible because of law suits. Businesses should have the same right as government to separate religion from their workplaces.

  2. #622
    Guru

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Illinois
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    3,335
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Christian Woman Fired from Burger King for Wearing Skirt Instead of Pants

    Quote Originally Posted by Kal'Stang View Post
    There is a big big difference between a chemical imbalance or genetic coding that makes you feel things and thinking that god is going to be angry with you just because you wear pants. As ChrisL said, apples and oranges.



    Is the the ONLY arguement you have? "The law is against it so it must be bad!" Can you not give me any other reason? Laws can be wrong. Our history has shown that.



    Tell that to our soldiers.
    Either way its what she believes to be true and both living as the opposite sex and religious beliefs are a choice. Your argument is that the employer has the right to dictate how someone dresses. So why wouldnt you believe that they have the right to dictate how someone who is gender non-conforming dresses? After all I voluntarily applied for the job and can always find another one that allows to to dress as I please right?

    No thats not my only argument. However you claimed that and employee can sign away their rights and I showed that they legally cant nor do I believe that they should be able to. Ive made my reasoning perfectly clear.

    Military is completely different. Apples and oranges right?

  3. #623
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Christian Woman Fired from Burger King for Wearing Skirt Instead of Pants

    Quote Originally Posted by Omgitsme View Post
    Either way its what she believes to be true and both living as the opposite sex and religious beliefs are a choice. Your argument is that the employer has the right to dictate how someone dresses. So why wouldnt you believe that they have the right to dictate how someone who is gender non-conforming dresses? After all I voluntarily applied for the job and can always find another one that allows to to dress as I please right?

    No thats not my only argument. However you claimed that and employee can sign away their rights and I showed that they legally cant nor do I believe that they should be able to. Ive made my reasoning perfectly clear.

    Military is completely different. Apples and oranges right?
    As long as they dress appropriately according to the dress code, it shouldn't be a problem. The dress code covers both men and women, so whichever gender one chooses to live as. That is apples and oranges too.

  4. #624
    Guru

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Illinois
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    3,335
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Christian Woman Fired from Burger King for Wearing Skirt Instead of Pants

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    As long as they dress appropriately according to the dress code, it shouldn't be a problem. The dress code covers both men and women, so whichever gender one chooses to live as. That is apples and oranges too.
    Im talking about someone who is still legally male and is pre-op. If there wernt laws in place protecting gender identity an employer could easily use the same arguments being made against the woman in the OP to make them dress as a male. However I dont want to hijack this thread or anything and make it about a different topic.

  5. #625
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Christian Woman Fired from Burger King for Wearing Skirt Instead of Pants

    Quote Originally Posted by Omgitsme View Post
    Im talking about someone who is still legally male and is pre-op. If there wernt laws in place protecting gender identity an employer could easily use the same arguments being made against the woman in the OP to make them dress as a male. However I dont want to hijack this thread or anything and make it about a different topic.
    Preop, postop. Still, that's totally different than wearing religious items in the workplace, but you're right about it being off topic.

  6. #626
    Guru

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Illinois
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    3,335
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Christian Woman Fired from Burger King for Wearing Skirt Instead of Pants

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    Preop, postop. Still, that's totally different than wearing religious items in the workplace, but you're right about it being off topic.
    I dont see the problem with letting employees wear religious items. As long as they dont interfere with the job.

  7. #627
    Sage
    Cephus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    CA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:54 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    29,793

    Re: Christian Woman Fired from Burger King for Wearing Skirt Instead of Pants

    Quote Originally Posted by Omgitsme View Post
    I dont see the problem with letting employees wear religious items. As long as they dont interfere with the job.
    Or so long as they are not visible to the public. You want to wear a cross under your shirt, go for it. You want it stuck on your forehead, forget it.
    There is nothing demonstrably true that religion can provide the world that cannot be achieved more rationally through entirely secular means.

    Blog me! YouTube me! VidMe me!

  8. #628
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Christian Woman Fired from Burger King for Wearing Skirt Instead of Pants

    Quote Originally Posted by Omgitsme View Post
    I dont see the problem with letting employees wear religious items. As long as they dont interfere with the job.
    I do see it as being a problem, as demonstrated by the topic we're discussing right now. Just another reason for lawsuits, which could even potentially put some companies out of business, thereby creating more people without a job, and why? Because somebody has to wear pants. (Not that I think BK will go out of business because of this).

  9. #629
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    09-10-12 @ 12:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    317

    Re: Christian Woman Fired from Burger King for Wearing Skirt Instead of Pants

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    I am - not - religious. I don't honestly give two ****s what religion it is. Burger King has rules for its employees. She doesn't have to work there if she doesn't like their rules.
    I'm utterly shocked to see a liberal talking this way. I thought you guys always pulled for the underdog.

  10. #630
    Guru

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Illinois
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    3,335
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Christian Woman Fired from Burger King for Wearing Skirt Instead of Pants

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    I do see it as being a problem, as demonstrated by the topic we're discussing right now. Just another reason for lawsuits, which could even potentially put some companies out of business, thereby creating more people without a job, and why? Because somebody has to wear pants. (Not that I think BK will go out of business because of this).
    I dont think this will cause many companies to go out of business. But to the woman in the OP is a bit more then just wearing pants. It violating her religious beliefs.

Page 63 of 103 FirstFirst ... 1353616263646573 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •