Page 54 of 103 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664 ... LastLast
Results 531 to 540 of 1026

Thread: Christian Woman Fired from Burger King for Wearing Skirt Instead of Pants

  1. #531
    Sayonara!
    Maenad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    By the water.
    Last Seen
    07-09-14 @ 10:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,259

    Re: Christian Woman Fired from Burger King for Wearing Skirt Instead of Pants

    Quote Originally Posted by Your Star View Post
    I have family that are like this, it's rather annoying.

    But this isn't any different than a muslim working wanting to wear a hijab, there's no reason she should have been fired over this.
    Yes, I agree. She should be allowed to wear the skirt.
    Redneck, hillbilly, fundie, Bible thumper, cracker, split tails, geezer, loon, xenophobe, islamaphobe, and homophobe are not words of tolerance.

  2. #532
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:03 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,301

    Re: Christian Woman Fired from Burger King for Wearing Skirt Instead of Pants

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    How is having a signature on a forum shoving your religion in people's face? I wonder what you think of courthouse displays of the 10 commandments.
    Really Hatuey, I think you know.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  3. #533
    Sayonara!
    Maenad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    By the water.
    Last Seen
    07-09-14 @ 10:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,259

    Re: Christian Woman Fired from Burger King for Wearing Skirt Instead of Pants

    Quote Originally Posted by johnny_rebson View Post
    Let's say you take a job as a dancer at a strip club. Three months later you become a born again Christian. You want to keep your job, but at this point you are dancing without stripping because of your religious beliefs. The owner of the strip club fires you. Do you file a lawsuit based on religious discrimination?
    Strawman. There is no comparison between the two.

    I actually know a stripper who became a born again Christian. She quite the job.
    Redneck, hillbilly, fundie, Bible thumper, cracker, split tails, geezer, loon, xenophobe, islamaphobe, and homophobe are not words of tolerance.

  4. #534
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,516

    Re: Christian Woman Fired from Burger King for Wearing Skirt Instead of Pants

    Quote Originally Posted by MaggieD View Post
    I don't think it's ridiculous. Unless they have a dress code? They're interfering with her religious freedom. What? A liberal on the other end of a "freedom" argument?
    They only want freedom when they agree with it, lol. Of course I know some Republicans that are exactly the same.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  5. #535
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,037

    Re: Christian Woman Fired from Burger King for Wearing Skirt Instead of Pants

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    They only want freedom when they agree with it, lol. Of course I know some Republicans that are exactly the same.
    Goshin already tried this.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  6. #536
    Guru

    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    04-14-17 @ 01:28 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,237

    Re: Christian Woman Fired from Burger King for Wearing Skirt Instead of Pants

    Quote Originally Posted by johnny_rebson View Post
    Let's say you take a job as a dancer at a strip club. Three months later you become a born again Christian. You want to keep your job, but at this point you are dancing without stripping because of your religious beliefs. The owner of the strip club fires you. Do you file a lawsuit based on religious discrimination?
    She wouldn't be fired for religious discrimination. She would be fired for not doing the job she agreed to do. Her reason for not wanting to strip is irrelevant.
    My main function as a Christian is to be the biggest possible jerk as a demonstration of the awe found in God's Grace and Forgiveness. (That love part comes in to play at some point)

  7. #537
    Guru

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Last Seen
    11-24-13 @ 11:44 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    3,001

    Re: Christian Woman Fired from Burger King for Wearing Skirt Instead of Pants

    Quote Originally Posted by Furiounova View Post
    She wouldn't be fired for religious discrimination. She would be fired for not doing the job she agreed to do. Her reason for not wanting to strip is irrelevant.

    In this hypothetical case she was hired as a dancer and she is still dancing.

    Companies can legally discriminate against those with certain religious views. I know of many retail establishments that won't hire those who refuse to work on Sundays.

  8. #538
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,037

    Re: Christian Woman Fired from Burger King for Wearing Skirt Instead of Pants

    Quote Originally Posted by johnny_rebson View Post
    In this hypothetical case she was hired as a dancer and she is still dancing.

    Companies can legally discriminate against those with certain religious views. I know of many retail establishments that won't hire those who refuse to work on Sundays.
    They don't discriminate against them because of their religious views, they fire people who DON'T want to work on Sundays. The difference is really big here. Again, this lady is not being singled out because she's a zealot. She's being singled out cause she refuses to abide by dress code. Just as anybody else who did the same for any reason - religious or otherwise - would be.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  9. #539
    Guru

    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    04-14-17 @ 01:28 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,237

    Re: Christian Woman Fired from Burger King for Wearing Skirt Instead of Pants

    Quote Originally Posted by johnny_rebson View Post
    In this hypothetical case she was hired as a dancer and she is still dancing.

    Companies can legally discriminate against those with certain religious views. I know of many retail establishments that won't hire those who refuse to work on Sundays.
    Can't change conditions mid stroke man. You specifically stated she was hired to dance and strip. After three months of employment she cannot renege on the duties she voluntarily accepted for any reason.

    Here is the way to perform a neutrality test:

    Can grounds for termination be applied regardless of the specific claimed infringement on EEO protected rights?

    In your hypothetical she is not being fired for discrimination against her religion, race, gender, marital status, etc.

    She could not sue her employer on the basis of discrimination because she is being fired for refusing to do the duties she agreed to do when she was hired.
    My main function as a Christian is to be the biggest possible jerk as a demonstration of the awe found in God's Grace and Forgiveness. (That love part comes in to play at some point)

  10. #540
    Professor
    Bigfoot 88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    12-01-15 @ 06:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    2,027
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Christian Woman Fired from Burger King for Wearing Skirt Instead of Pants

    Quote Originally Posted by hazlnut View Post
    Sure. Just not in the United States. We're more advanced.
    It doesn't matter what your opinion of advanced is. Leave people alone.
    "I have never understood why it is "greed" to want to keep the money you have earned but not greed to want to take somebody else's money." -Thomas Sowell

Page 54 of 103 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •