Page 38 of 103 FirstFirst ... 2836373839404888 ... LastLast
Results 371 to 380 of 1026

Thread: Christian Woman Fired from Burger King for Wearing Skirt Instead of Pants

  1. #371
    Global Moderator
    The Truth is out there.
    Kal'Stang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry ID USA
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    32,858
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Christian Woman Fired from Burger King for Wearing Skirt Instead of Pants

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    Ah so you don't support a woman's right to choose
    For abortion yes. For pushing their religion on others, no.
    I have an answer for everything...you may not like the answer or it may not satisfy your curiosity..but it will still be an answer. ~ Kal'Stang

    My mind and my heart are saying I'm in my twenties. My body is pointing at my mind and heart and laughing its ass off. ~ Kal'Stang

  2. #372
    Global Moderator
    The Truth is out there.
    Kal'Stang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry ID USA
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    32,858
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Christian Woman Fired from Burger King for Wearing Skirt Instead of Pants

    Quote Originally Posted by Goshin View Post
    You have to work to live, unless you're independently wealthy or suck off the government tit. If we don't want people sucking off the government then maybe we should look at employer-employee relationships. The employer has most of the power, and "completely voluntary" hardly applies when they have you by the balls by controlling your income and ability to pay your bills. "Find another job" is no good when virtually ALL employers are engaging in behaviors towards their employees that can be characterized as oppressive.
    There is still the option of creating your own buisness.
    I have an answer for everything...you may not like the answer or it may not satisfy your curiosity..but it will still be an answer. ~ Kal'Stang

    My mind and my heart are saying I'm in my twenties. My body is pointing at my mind and heart and laughing its ass off. ~ Kal'Stang

  3. #373
    Sage
    Fletch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Mentor Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:46 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    15,269

    Re: Christian Woman Fired from Burger King for Wearing Skirt Instead of Pants

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    We disagree, and you think we just don't understand.

    Lame.
    If you think there is discrimination here, then you dont understand.

  4. #374
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Christian Woman Fired from Burger King for Wearing Skirt Instead of Pants

    Quote Originally Posted by johnny_rebson View Post
    Hooters hasn't lost any lawsuits regarding their uniform. The employer has that right.

    Don't mess with Hooters, Hooters is sacred.
    Hooters is quite possibly the worst example you could have pulled up for your argument.

    Hooters begins it's business life by losing a 1.2mil lawsuit for copy-write infringement. Hooters has lost class-action lawsuits brought by it's employees (about 400 employees) not only for the appearance of their uniforms, but also for charging employees for the uniform, forcing employees to pay for customers who ditch, and not giving regular brakes as required by law. Hooters has also lost a few individual lawsuits for wrongful termination when they claimed waitresses were to fat, when the waitresses in question had actually lost weight in the months after being hired.

    Hooters won a notable lawsuit when a few men claimed employment discrimination based on sex when Hooters wouldn't let them be wait staff. Hooters was able to demonstrate a Bona Fide Occupational Qualification, that a girls-only wait staff was essential to the business model and also demonstrating in court that allowing men would harm the business.

    Hooters is a fine example of an abusive employer and their legal history bears this out.
    Last edited by Jerry; 08-25-12 at 02:20 PM.

  5. #375
    Global Moderator
    The Truth is out there.
    Kal'Stang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry ID USA
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    32,858
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Christian Woman Fired from Burger King for Wearing Skirt Instead of Pants

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    Do you understand what the term "interview" means, and its significance in this case. The employee spoke offically for the company and allowed a variation. Therefore the EEOC has a case.
    Did he have the capacity to change their rules though?
    I have an answer for everything...you may not like the answer or it may not satisfy your curiosity..but it will still be an answer. ~ Kal'Stang

    My mind and my heart are saying I'm in my twenties. My body is pointing at my mind and heart and laughing its ass off. ~ Kal'Stang

  6. #376
    Sage
    Fletch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Mentor Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:46 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    15,269

    Re: Christian Woman Fired from Burger King for Wearing Skirt Instead of Pants

    Quote Originally Posted by Goshin View Post
    Did ya figure out yet that there's a difference between "a dress code that is a necessary and functional part of the job, without which the job cannot be performed as required"...

    ...versus "a accomodation that WILL NOT affect the employee's ability to perform their job, nor impact the jobsite's ability to function normally?"


    There is no harm in letting a Pentecostal woman wear a long skirt instead of pants at a frigging Burger King! If she wanted to wear a long skirt while serving as a firefighter that would be different...
    The issue isnt one of "harm" though. If it were you might say what harm is it for me to go without a uniform at all? Answer: none. The fact is, virtually every company has a dress code and a code of conduct. If your religious beliefs forbid you from following the code of a particular company, that is NOT evidence of religious discrimination on the part of the company.

  7. #377
    Global Moderator
    The Hammer of Chaos
    Goshin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Dixie
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:03 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,158

    Re: Christian Woman Fired from Burger King for Wearing Skirt Instead of Pants

    Quote Originally Posted by Kal'Stang View Post
    For abortion yes. For pushing their religion on others, no.
    Holy hannah.... pushing her religion on others would be demanding that ALL female employees wear skirts.... not that she be allowed to fulfill a reasonable requirement of her religion without being fired for it.

    Fiddling While Rome Burns
    ISIS: Carthago Delenda Est
    "I used to roll the dice; see the fear in my enemies' eyes... listen as the crowd would sing, 'now the old king is dead, Long Live the King.'.."

  8. #378
    Global Moderator
    The Truth is out there.
    Kal'Stang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry ID USA
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    32,858
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Christian Woman Fired from Burger King for Wearing Skirt Instead of Pants

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    Women have been cooking in skirts for thousands of years. I worked at a burger place too, and the cashier did not regularly enter the kitchen. But you want to argue over mindless bull**** technicalities because you have no case, no actual knowledge of the matter and no clear premise to base your hyperbole on. The employee was officially hired under the allowance that she could wear a skirt. And she even showed up with the correct color. I doubt you'd be working so hard at this had a black muslim been the one wearing the skirt.
    Yes I know. And the only reason that I spoke up there is that there was an incorrect assumption on your part about a cashier not having to go through a hazardous area. I never once said that there was a danger to the woman by going through the kitchen in that post. Yes originally I did in this thread but that was because I was under the mistaken belief that a skirt was no longer than just below the knees. In which case it would have be a safety hazard. Others corrected me in my belief about the skirt and now I no longer consider it to be a safety hazard.

    As far as the muslim thing goes, go look up my past posts on the subject. They will verify that I am just as against muslims dictating company dress codes or whatever because of religion as I am with this girl. Nice try though.
    I have an answer for everything...you may not like the answer or it may not satisfy your curiosity..but it will still be an answer. ~ Kal'Stang

    My mind and my heart are saying I'm in my twenties. My body is pointing at my mind and heart and laughing its ass off. ~ Kal'Stang

  9. #379
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Christian Woman Fired from Burger King for Wearing Skirt Instead of Pants

    Quote Originally Posted by Kal'Stang View Post
    For abortion yes. For pushing their religion on others, no.
    Ahh, so every woman who wears a skirt to work is pushing their religion, aye?

  10. #380
    Guru

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Illinois
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:29 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    3,335
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Christian Woman Fired from Burger King for Wearing Skirt Instead of Pants

    Quote Originally Posted by Kal'Stang View Post
    For abortion yes. For pushing their religion on others, no.
    How is wearing a long skirt to work pushing religion on others?

Page 38 of 103 FirstFirst ... 2836373839404888 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •