Page 31 of 103 FirstFirst ... 2129303132334181 ... LastLast
Results 301 to 310 of 1026

Thread: Christian Woman Fired from Burger King for Wearing Skirt Instead of Pants

  1. #301
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Christian Woman Fired from Burger King for Wearing Skirt Instead of Pants

    Quote Originally Posted by Goshin View Post
    This goes right down to the core of why I self-label "independent" rather than anything else... nobody really stands up for individual rights anymore, not consistently.

    Most conservatives are pro-business to the point of thinking "freedom" means to let employers walk all over their employees.
    Libertarians mostly live in a fantasy world where they think the employer-employee relationship is non-coercive and a negotiation between equals (it isn't).
    Liberals vary, hell at least SOME of them support the individuals' right to follow their conscience within reason, but a then others are knee-jerk religion haters.

    No political ideology is really looking out for "the little guy/gal" these days. One side wants to let government walk all over you, the other side wants to let corporations walk all over you.

    A plague on both houses.
    Yes, everybody needs to compromise sometimes.

  2. #302
    Guru

    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Last Seen
    06-28-17 @ 10:30 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,909

    Re: Christian Woman Fired from Burger King for Wearing Skirt Instead of Pants

    Quote Originally Posted by Kal'Stang View Post
    In this case why should BK have to follow Title VII? Why should BK have to alter thier decades old dress code for one girl that knew she was applying for a job that had a dress code that went against her religious beliefs? Does the girl not have some accountability in any of this?
    Because BK agreed to so this when they grew their business to such a degree that they became required to recognize these polices and enforce them. This situation is on BK not on the employee and many have asserted.

  3. #303
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Christian Woman Fired from Burger King for Wearing Skirt Instead of Pants

    Quote Originally Posted by Penderyn View Post
    Not to me. You either have rights or you don't.
    Again, that is applied with common sense. There are still safety and cleanliness regulations that have to be followed. Haven't you heard of no shirt, no shoes, no service?

  4. #304
    Guru

    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Last Seen
    06-28-17 @ 10:30 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,909

    Re: Christian Woman Fired from Burger King for Wearing Skirt Instead of Pants

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    So? Obviously the first EMPLOYEE who told her it was okay was mistaken. Mix-ups happen all the time.
    No the Title VII requirements were already in place prior to the girl applying for the job.....

  5. #305
    Dungeon Master
    anti socialist

    X Factor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Texas Proud
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 04:24 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    44,721

    Re: Christian Woman Fired from Burger King for Wearing Skirt Instead of Pants

    Quote Originally Posted by Goshin View Post
    She says the interviewer told her she could wear the skirt.

    Verbal contract.



    Dude, think about it... employers can be damn near as oppressive as any dictatorial government. The dictator has you in his palm because he has the Secret Police and all that crap... the EMPLOYER has you by the purse strings, by the way you make your living and pay your bills and support your family. The economy is bad and jobs are hard to come by.... and let me tell ya, lots of employers are seizing this opportunity to squeeze their employees as hard as they can, and pile as much stupid control-freak **** on them as they can get away with.... and that is a LOT because so many people are desperate to keep their jobs.

    If you're for freedom, you need to recognize that we need to prevent ALL big orgs from abusing the individual needlessly, whether those orgs are governmental or corporate.
    I cannot express how much I disagree that businesses are on the same par with the government when it comes to the potential for oppressive abuses. Every interaction I have with private industry, including whether I work for someone or not, is completely voluntary. This is not so with the govt, besides, nobody is owed a job any where.

  6. #306
    Guru

    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Last Seen
    06-28-17 @ 10:30 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,909

    Re: Christian Woman Fired from Burger King for Wearing Skirt Instead of Pants

    Quote Originally Posted by Fletch View Post
    I think it does impose undue hardship on BK. BK is a global company and if it has to alter its uniform policy to accommodate any conceivable religious observance, they will have no uniform policy. Plus, the policy itself is not burdensome. It offers mens and womens uniforms--much like any company.
    BK will have their day in court and then it is their burden to show this. Should they prevail, then that will be a ruling they can rely upon in future instances of this nature...

  7. #307
    Guru

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Last Seen
    11-24-13 @ 11:44 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    3,001

    Re: Christian Woman Fired from Burger King for Wearing Skirt Instead of Pants

    Quote Originally Posted by Penderyn View Post
    Not to me. You either have rights or you don't.
    What if a Muslim woman took a job at Hooters and filed a lawsuit when they handed her the uniform they expected her to wear?

  8. #308
    Global Moderator
    The Truth is out there.
    Kal'Stang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry ID USA
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    32,858
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Christian Woman Fired from Burger King for Wearing Skirt Instead of Pants

    Quote Originally Posted by Connery View Post
    Because BK agreed to so this when they grew their business to such a degree that they became required to recognize these polices and enforce them. This situation is on BK not on the employee and many have asserted.
    So in your minds eye once a buisness grows to a certain point they should have to start altering their rules to fit everyones religious views? Why? Do you hold this view just because of the law? Or is there some other reason?
    I have an answer for everything...you may not like the answer or it may not satisfy your curiosity..but it will still be an answer. ~ Kal'Stang

    My mind and my heart are saying I'm in my twenties. My body is pointing at my mind and heart and laughing its ass off. ~ Kal'Stang

  9. #309
    Global Moderator
    The Truth is out there.
    Kal'Stang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry ID USA
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    32,858
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Christian Woman Fired from Burger King for Wearing Skirt Instead of Pants

    Quote Originally Posted by Connery View Post
    No the Title VII requirements were already in place prior to the girl applying for the job.....
    So was BK's dress code. Again I ask you, does this girl have no accountability period?
    I have an answer for everything...you may not like the answer or it may not satisfy your curiosity..but it will still be an answer. ~ Kal'Stang

    My mind and my heart are saying I'm in my twenties. My body is pointing at my mind and heart and laughing its ass off. ~ Kal'Stang

  10. #310
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Last Seen
    02-04-13 @ 12:21 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    198

    Re: Christian Woman Fired from Burger King for Wearing Skirt Instead of Pants

    If the only reason this girl was fired was due to her refusal to wear pants, and not other behavioral issues, she has a great case of religious discrimination.

Page 31 of 103 FirstFirst ... 2129303132334181 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •