Page 10 of 103 FirstFirst ... 891011122060 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 1026

Thread: Christian Woman Fired from Burger King for Wearing Skirt Instead of Pants

  1. #91
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    186,906

    Re: Christian Woman Fired from Burger King for Wearing Skirt Instead of Pants

    Was there a rational reason for BK demanding she wear pants? Now in a perfect world free of FDR expansions of the Commerce Clause, a private employer should be able to dictate what their employees wear

    for example, if you want to be a playboy bunny you are going to have to meet the standards and wear a silly tail on a leotard three sizes too small for your body. If you want to work at hooters-its tacky orange shorts over nylons. and in a local Pub, the guys wear kilts


    but I don't see this much differently than accommodating an Orthodox Jew by allowing him to wear a yarmulke or a Sikh to carry the traditional dagger in his pocket.

  2. #92
    Guru
    Republic Now!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Last Seen
    09-12-14 @ 10:40 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    2,671

    Re: Christian Woman Fired from Burger King for Wearing Skirt Instead of Pants

    While I disagree with BKs particular reason for disallowing her employment, I think businesses should have to right to define the behavior and dress of their employers.
    One who makes himself a worm cannot complain when tread upon.

  3. #93
    Sage

    Kreton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Over that way
    Last Seen
    05-25-18 @ 12:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    7,566

    Re: Christian Woman Fired from Burger King for Wearing Skirt Instead of Pants

    Quote Originally Posted by Your Star View Post
    No, it's a skirt, a long skirt that goes to the ankles, if it's just a bottom it's not a dress.
    Skirt/dress or whatever anyone else wants to call it BK has a written dress code and their employees should follow it.

    Religious tolerance is very important to me (most people who can have discussed religion with me can attest to that) however this is not a case of religious discrimination. If a person wants to work at a business they need to adapt to that businesses policies, not the other way around. Religion has no place in the workplace. Unless you work at a church. If your religion forbids you from doing something that a company requires then you shouldnt work there.
    I'm for truth, no matter who tells it. I'm for justice, no matter who it is for or against. I'm a human being, first and foremost, and as such I'm for whoever and whatever benefits humanity as a whole.


  4. #94
    Professor
    00timh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    upstate NY
    Last Seen
    01-24-14 @ 07:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,318

    Re: Christian Woman Fired from Burger King for Wearing Skirt Instead of Pants

    Quote Originally Posted by Goshin View Post
    Yeah, I think they're overreacting and misinterpreting myself... but it's what they believe and it is very important to them.

    It would be VERY little, if ANY, skin off BK's nose to just let her wear the skirt.
    No they are not over reacting. I ya want to work at a burger king this is the uniform you wear, and its pants. There are plenty of things I wish I could say or do that I do not because I work with the developmentally disabled.

    We have choices to make based on our employment. If YOU want to work at their establishment than YOU will dress accordingly, or go work somewhere else, and wear your skirt or whatever.

    Let her have the skirt and everyone else will say I want my nose ring, want my gauges. Burger King should reserve the right to have its employees dress and look the way they wish. If someone dsagrees don't f-ing work there. There are plenty of people who are looking for work who care far more about the money than what they look like while they are working.

  5. #95
    Global Moderator
    Rage More!
    Your Star's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    26,583

    Re: Christian Woman Fired from Burger King for Wearing Skirt Instead of Pants

    Quote Originally Posted by muciti View Post
    Skirt/dress or whatever anyone else wants to call it BK has a written dress code and their employees should follow it.

    Religious tolerance is very important to me (most people who can have discussed religion with me can attest to that) however this is not a case of religious discrimination. If a person wants to work at a business they need to adapt to that businesses policies, not the other way around. Religion has no place in the workplace. Unless you work at a church. If your religion forbids you from doing something that a company requires then you shouldnt work there.
    There was no rational reason for BK to not let her wear the skirt, and the manager said she could wear it. BK was in the wrong here, and they are just being dicks, period.
    Eat me, drink me, love me;
    Laura make much of me

  6. #96
    Rule of Two
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    05-26-18 @ 11:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    43,462

    Re: Christian Woman Fired from Burger King for Wearing Skirt Instead of Pants

    Quote Originally Posted by muciti View Post
    plenty of studies have been done on religion you can feel free to look them up. there are billions of people in this world who would tell you that their faith is true, that they did not choose their religion, god found them. You can find people who are gay and who dont all share some homosexual dna. homosexuality is not genetic any more than religion. however you want to try to twist it doesnt change anything. you choose to try to discredit religion because you dont want to believe it which is fine. doesnt change anything. homosexuality and religion are not that differnt. it is you who chooses to discriminate and mock.
    No. You made the claim. Now back it up. Show us studies on DNA and religion being linked.

    ------

    As for homosexuality and religion not being different: LOL. - What utter nonsense. Homosexuals haven't started wars in the name of homosexuality or banned straights from joining their organizations or led lynching parties on straights. So reality begs to differ.
    Peace is a lie. There is only Passion. Through Passion I gain Strength. Through Strength I gain Power. Through Power I gain Victory. Through Victory my chains are Broken. The Force shall free me.

  7. #97
    Rule of Two
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    05-26-18 @ 11:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    43,462

    Re: Christian Woman Fired from Burger King for Wearing Skirt Instead of Pants

    Quote Originally Posted by Your Star View Post
    There was no rational reason for BK to not let her wear the skirt,
    Other than their pesky little dress code.

    and the manager said she could wear it.
    As stated only by 1 person who won't be able to prove it with anything other than her word. It's her word's against the manager's.

    BK was in the wrong here, and they are just being dicks, period.
    Subjective.
    Peace is a lie. There is only Passion. Through Passion I gain Strength. Through Strength I gain Power. Through Power I gain Victory. Through Victory my chains are Broken. The Force shall free me.

  8. #98
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Last Seen
    10-13-12 @ 01:26 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,556

    Re: Christian Woman Fired from Burger King for Wearing Skirt Instead of Pants

    Quote Originally Posted by muciti View Post
    Skirt/dress or whatever anyone else wants to call it BK has a written dress code and their employees should follow it.

    Religious tolerance is very important to me (most people who can have discussed religion with me can attest to that) however this is not a case of religious discrimination. If a person wants to work at a business they need to adapt to that businesses policies, not the other way around. Religion has no place in the workplace. Unless you work at a church. If your religion forbids you from doing something that a company requires then you shouldnt work there.

    Exactly ... why anybody would want want to push their religious ideas down their throats?

    Go work in your Church .... You might get paid there too.

  9. #99
    Sage

    Kreton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Over that way
    Last Seen
    05-25-18 @ 12:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    7,566

    Re: Christian Woman Fired from Burger King for Wearing Skirt Instead of Pants

    Quote Originally Posted by Your Star View Post
    There was no rational reason for BK to not let her wear the skirt, and the manager said she could wear it. BK was in the wrong here, and they are just being dicks, period.
    The rational reason is that it violated company policy. She shouldnt be allowed to force a business to change their policies because of her beliefs. I would agree that it would be no real harm in letting her wear the skirt, but also no real harm in allowing people to wear their street clothes at work, or a number of other things. They have a written policy stating their dress code. I dont see where they put anything in writing allowing her the exception. We dont even know they actually even said she could wear it, and even if they did they have the right to enforce the policy. Dicks or not, they have that right and they are not discriminating against her religion. She is trying to force it on them..
    I'm for truth, no matter who tells it. I'm for justice, no matter who it is for or against. I'm a human being, first and foremost, and as such I'm for whoever and whatever benefits humanity as a whole.


  10. #100
    Sage

    Kreton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Over that way
    Last Seen
    05-25-18 @ 12:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    7,566

    Re: Christian Woman Fired from Burger King for Wearing Skirt Instead of Pants

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    No. You made the claim. Now back it up. Show us studies on DNA and religion being linked.

    ------

    As for homosexuality and religion not being different: LOL. - What utter nonsense. Homosexuals haven't started wars in the name of homosexuality or banned straights from joining their organizations or led lynching parties on straights. So reality begs to differ.
    no it doesnt. your ignorance and bigotry begs to differ. wars start because humans are violent and greedy. nothing more. i dont care what name they put to it.
    I'm for truth, no matter who tells it. I'm for justice, no matter who it is for or against. I'm a human being, first and foremost, and as such I'm for whoever and whatever benefits humanity as a whole.


Page 10 of 103 FirstFirst ... 891011122060 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •