Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 135

Thread: Obama Warns Syria on Chemical Weapons

  1. #1
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Where I am now
    Last Seen
    09-11-17 @ 03:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    16,386

    Obama Warns Syria on Chemical Weapons

    President Threatens Military Response Against Against Any Use of the Banned Arms

    'WASHINGTON—President Barack Obama threatened military action against Syrian President Bashar al-Assad if his forces attempt to use chemical or biological weapons, the strongest indication yet Mr. Obama would consider intervening in the grinding conflict.

    The president's message appeared aimed at signaling to Mr. Assad that an American military option is open, but U.S. officials hoped the threat would be enough to dissuade the Syrian leader from using such weapons.'

    Obama Warns Syria on Chemical Weapons - WSJ.com

  2. #2
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Where I am now
    Last Seen
    09-11-17 @ 03:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    16,386

    Re: Obama Warns Syria on Chemical Weapons

    Sounds like what Obama is really saying is:

    'Hey Rebels? We want to help you...now give us an excuse.

    So get hold of some chemical weapons (we will smuggle some to you if you need it), use them on a small group of people (sorry, they must be sacrificed - think of them as martyrs)...include at least one child so the world get TRULY outraged when they see it on the news, make it look like the government did it, make sure you take LOTS of pictures/video of the scene.

    And voila - we will then be able to start bombing the bleep out of Assad.'



    Yes - my opinion of ALL U.S. Presidents and politics in general is that low.

  3. #3
    Sage
    Sherman123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Northeast US
    Last Seen
    11-23-17 @ 11:12 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    7,774

    Re: Obama Warns Syria on Chemical Weapons

    Quote Originally Posted by DA60 View Post
    Sounds like what Obama is really saying is:

    'Hey Rebels? We want to help you...now give us an excuse.

    So get hold of some chemical weapons (we will smuggle some to you if you need it), use them on a small group of people (sorry, they must be sacrificed - think of them as martyrs)...include at least one child so the world get TRULY outraged when they see it on the news, make it look like the government did it, make sure you take LOTS of pictures/video of the scene.

    And voila - we will then be able to start bombing the bleep out of Assad.'



    Yes - my opinion of ALL U.S. Presidents and politics in general is that low.
    That is a ludicrously paranoid perspective. Which means its par for the course on an internet forum.

  4. #4
    Guru

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    In a Blue State
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    4,732

    Re: Obama Warns Syria on Chemical Weapons

    I heard something like this in 2002...no?
    We went from sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never hurt me to safe spaces.

  5. #5
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,666

    Re: Obama Warns Syria on Chemical Weapons

    As soon as he said it the Russians and Chinese bitchslapped him back into his corner. And made him them fix them a sammich. And not some healthy tofu and greens wrap like what Michelle makes him eat...a REAL MANS sammich.

  6. #6
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Where I am now
    Last Seen
    09-11-17 @ 03:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    16,386

    Re: Obama Warns Syria on Chemical Weapons

    Quote Originally Posted by Sherman123 View Post
    That is a ludicrously paranoid perspective. Which means its par for the course on an internet forum.
    And your link to unbiased evidence that it is 'ludicrously paranoid' is what exactly?

    You think I am wrong - fine. I admit I could well be - and I hope I am.

    But if I was going to call someone ludicrously paranoid, I would at least have some hard evidence to back it up.

    Assuming you do not have any, I guess you don't care about having hard evidence when you accuse/insult others.

    Noted.


    Have a nice day.
    Last edited by DA60; 08-24-12 at 09:20 AM.

  7. #7
    Global Moderator
    May the force be with you
    Serenity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    18,888

    Re: Obama Warns Syria on Chemical Weapons

    So the message for Bashar is: 'You can kill, but not with WMD'.
    Why do we fall?
    So we can learn to pick ourselves up.

  8. #8
    Guru

    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Last Seen
    06-28-17 @ 10:30 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,909

    Re: Obama Warns Syria on Chemical Weapons

    Quote Originally Posted by Serenity View Post
    So the message for Bashar is: 'You can kill, but not with WMD'.
    I do not believe anyone is seeking or giving permission in this instance for conventional warfare. Parameters are simply being established.

  9. #9
    Guru

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    In a Blue State
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    4,732

    Re: Obama Warns Syria on Chemical Weapons

    Quote Originally Posted by Connery View Post
    I do not believe anyone is seeking or giving permission in this instance for conventional warfare. Parameters are simply being established.
    Not that Bashar has followed the other parameters we have already set up for him.

    Us: Don't kill your people.

    Them: You right, we shouldn't kill our people. /kills people

    Us: Hey...

    Them: Crazy times over here. We will get back to you once we get this under control.
    We went from sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never hurt me to safe spaces.

  10. #10
    Guru

    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Last Seen
    06-28-17 @ 10:30 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,909

    Re: Obama Warns Syria on Chemical Weapons

    Quote Originally Posted by Blue_State View Post
    Not that Bashar has followed the other parameters we have already set up for him.

    Us: Don't kill your people.

    Them: You right, we shouldn't kill our people. /kills people

    Us: Hey...

    Them: Crazy times over here. We will get back to you once we get this under control.
    Russia has been Syria's ally, IIRC they were not looking to the US or NATO for any permission, condemnation or comment to begin with.

Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •