Page 7 of 21 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 204

Thread: Ship Commander Fired After Harassment Claims

  1. #61
    Enemy Combatant
    Kandahar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Washington, DC
    Last Seen
    10-15-13 @ 08:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    20,688

    Re: Ship Commander Fired After Harassment Claims

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    In civilian jobs it usually 8 hours a day...In the Navy its 24/7 for for weeks and sometime months at a time......Huge difference..
    No, there have been times where I've been away from home and have worked with attractive women for virtually every waking hour, for every day, for weeks at a time. And yet I've never sexually harassed them. Don't assume that it's a common thing to not be able to control yourself, just because YOU might not be able to.
    Are you coming to bed?
    I can't. This is important.
    What?
    Someone is WRONG on the internet! -XKCD

  2. #62
    Sage
    Cephus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    CA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    29,755

    Re: Ship Commander Fired After Harassment Claims

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    It's like far right wing Conservatives don't expect the military to have the same standards of professionalism as the rest of us. ****, I travel and work with beautiful women AT LEAST once a month. I've worked with women who physically could run circles around my wife and still I've never ever had the urge to cross the line of professionalism. Not once - not only out of respect for my wife but out of respect FOR MY JOB. But Navy Pride apparently thinks our military is not smart/good/professional enough to do just that.
    Yeah, but you have to remember that far right wing conservatives don't get upset when men treat women like meat because, as far as they're concerned, women are meat. They're just doing what they think their imaginary friend in the sky wants them to do.
    There is nothing demonstrably true that religion can provide the world that cannot be achieved more rationally through entirely secular means.

    Blog me! YouTube me! VidMe me!

  3. #63
    Sage

    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Last Seen
    10-10-16 @ 10:59 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    6,073

    Re: Ship Commander Fired After Harassment Claims

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    This is the kind of thing that happens when you allow women to serve aboard a Navy combatant.........The Navy should not be used for social experimentation.....It is there to fight our wars..........We have enough problems already without mixing the sexes......If they have to serve at sea then put them on all female ships.........


    Ship Commander Fired After Harassment Claims | Military.com


    Aug 21, 2012
    Associated Press|


    NORFOLK, Va. - The commanding officer of a Florida-based warship was removed from the post during an overseas deployment after several female crew members alleged that he sexually harassed women aboard ship, a Navy report shows.
    Cmdr. Derick Armstrong was relieved of command in May, about six months after his promotion to the top job aboard the guided-missile destroyer USS The Sullivans. Of the 1,500 commanding officers in the Navy, 22 were removed from the job last year for various reasons

    This is highly unusual.

    The US government nor any senior officers care about sexual harassment and seldom, if ever, remove officers for that reason. He had to have screwed up in some other way.

    Females who want to join the US Armed Services should expect harassment on a daily basis, because the US government recruits every piece of riff raff on the streets it can find (since hardly any intelligent people volunteer).

  4. #64
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:34 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,274
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Ship Commander Fired After Harassment Claims

    Quote Originally Posted by solletica View Post
    This is highly unusual.

    The US government nor any senior officers care about sexual harassment and seldom, if ever, remove officers for that reason. He had to have screwed up in some other way.

    Females who want to join the US Armed Services should expect harassment on a daily basis, because the US government recruits every piece of riff raff on the streets it can find (since hardly any intelligent people volunteer).
    This is totally and entirely untrue. It is not even remotely close to being anywhere near accurate.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  5. #65
    Sage

    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Last Seen
    10-10-16 @ 10:59 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    6,073

    Re: Ship Commander Fired After Harassment Claims

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    This is the kind of thing that happens when you allow women to serve aboard a Navy combatant.........The Navy should not be used for social experimentation.....It is there to fight our wars
    Wrong. The Navy is there to fight uncle sammy's wars.

    Don't confuse freedom-loving Americans with sammy. Thank you.

  6. #66
    Sage
    mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    DC Metro
    Last Seen
    11-13-16 @ 12:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    22,499

    Re: Ship Commander Fired After Harassment Claims

    Quote Originally Posted by solletica View Post
    This is highly unusual.

    The US government nor any senior officers care about sexual harassment and seldom, if ever, remove officers for that reason. He had to have screwed up in some other way.

    Females who want to join the US Armed Services should expect harassment on a daily basis, because the US government recruits every piece of riff raff on the streets it can find (since hardly any intelligent people volunteer).
    Incorrect. Sexual harassment has been a focus for over 20 years.

  7. #67
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: Ship Commander Fired After Harassment Claims

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Somewhere in there, the navy learned how to do unreps, so they did not have to store all that.
    I was involved in 812 Unreps as the Cargo operation officer on the USS SACRAMENTO (AOE!) in 1968 in the South China Seas so there is some truth to what you say but main thing was the powedered milk was much better as was the dehydrated foods but the main thing was space to store the provisions was increased........
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

  8. #68
    Sage

    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Last Seen
    10-10-16 @ 10:59 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    6,073

    Re: Ship Commander Fired After Harassment Claims

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    This is totally and entirely untrue. It is not even remotely close to being anywhere near accurate.
    It's totally accurate. If it weren't, sexual harassment in the military wouldn't be the significant, chronic problem that it is.

  9. #69
    global liberation

    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    66,325

    Re: Ship Commander Fired After Harassment Claims

    Quote Originally Posted by solletica View Post
    Wrong. The Navy is there to fight uncle sammy's wars.

    Don't confuse freedom-loving Americans with sammy. Thank you.
    I will remind you (again) that the US is not a dictatorship. Bush won the election and more than half of congress supported his foreign policy. Our government, by definition, represents us.

    The US is not the same thing as Iran. Do you understand?

  10. #70
    Sage

    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Last Seen
    10-10-16 @ 10:59 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    6,073

    Re: Ship Commander Fired After Harassment Claims

    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    I will remaind you (again) that the US is not a dictatorship. Bush won the election and more than half of congress supported his foreign policy. Our government, by definition, represents us.
    dumbya wanted to continue the war in Iraq for 6 years. The people did not. Dictatorship 101.

Page 7 of 21 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •