Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 LastLast
Results 181 to 190 of 204

Thread: Ship Commander Fired After Harassment Claims

  1. #181
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Ship Commander Fired After Harassment Claims

    If you're referring to my comment, I don't see how it was "over the top." Not even close, maybe a little sarcastic but it was not in any way meant to be a personal insult. That is my opinion on the views he has expressed. This is the THIRD time I've tried to explain my comment, and I'm not going to anymore. Go ahead, think I'm disrespectful. I don't really care.

  2. #182
    Sage
    mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    DC Metro
    Last Seen
    11-13-16 @ 12:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    22,499

    Re: Ship Commander Fired After Harassment Claims

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    If you're referring to my comment, I don't see how it was "over the top." Not even close, maybe a little sarcastic but it was not in any way meant to be a personal insult. That is my opinion on the views he has expressed. This is the THIRD time I've tried to explain my comment, and I'm not going to anymore. Go ahead, think I'm disrespectful. I don't really care.
    Then stop trying to convince me that you had no intention of being disrespectful.

  3. #183
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: Ship Commander Fired After Harassment Claims

    Quote Originally Posted by notquiteright View Post
    mac-
    I am a vet, have the scars to prove it. That doesn't mean folks can't tell me what they think. Supposedly the whole point of my blood loss is so folks CAN say what they think.

    Now seems to me NP's rather trollish stances invite at the very least a reminder that time marches ON and not BACK.

    Hell, because I use progressive as my lean I get smears from 'conservative' posters.

    If NP is half the old salt he claims to be he damn sure doesn't need you playing mommy.

    So using your ahhhh 'logic' can I tell him no amount of pouting is going to turn back time. That his stalking horse of young seamen being uncontrollable lust buckets doesn't give cover to a navy warship's commander having bad judgement. How about 'gay underway' is ok, he needs to make peace with his past?

    I'll match him scar for scar. He may have done more than some but he didn't do more than me. Best a vet should hope for is to not be called a baby killer and I doubt NP was anywhere near enough to the bad guys to kill anyone, much less babies.

    not knocking his service, just applying your 'logic'...
    No one is trying to turn back time my left wing friend and I thank you for your service...........I don't know what branch you were in but the Navy is unique in that at sea its a 24/7 hours a day job....Its not a social experiment like you Liberals want to treat it. Its a very dangerous job to......I have almost been washed over the side in the Artic Circle..I have been in a Hurricane off the coast of Cape Hatteras and dodge shells from shore batteries on Yankees station off the coast of N. Vietnam......... I would not want my wife to go through that.........They will never change back to the way it was so we have to live with it and there will still be sexual harrassment by both men and women (It happens).....There will also be false charges of it by women who want to get even with a man for whatever reason............

    I know I am and ancient sailor but thank God we never had to face these problems............As much as I loved the Navy I would not want to serve in todays Navy........One of my sons who has a PHD was offered a commision in the Navy.......I advised against it.........
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

  4. #184
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: Ship Commander Fired After Harassment Claims

    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    Then stop trying to convince me that you had no intention of being disrespectful.
    Thank you for your support but don't worry about it.........I been a member of DP for 7 years and am use to insults from the left.............It goes with the territory if your a Conservative.
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

  5. #185
    Sage
    mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    DC Metro
    Last Seen
    11-13-16 @ 12:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    22,499

    Re: Ship Commander Fired After Harassment Claims

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    No one is trying to turn back time my left wing friend and I thank you for your service...........I don't know what branch you were in but the Navy is unique in that at sea its a 24/7 hours a day job....Its not a social experiment like you Liberals want to treat it. Its a very dangerous job to......I have almost been washed over the side in the Artic Circle..I have been in a Hurricane off the coast of Cape Hatteras and dodge shells from shore batteries on Yankees station off the coast of N. Vietnam......... I would not want my wife to go through that.........They will never change back to the way it was so we have to live with it and there will still be sexual harrassment by both men and women (It happens).....There will also be false charges of it by women who want to get even with a man for whatever reason............

    I know I am and ancient sailor but thank God we never had to face these problems............As much as I loved the Navy I would not want to serve in todays Navy........One of my sons who has a PHD was offered a commision in the Navy.......I advised against it.........
    It may be different, Ancien, but it is not worse.

  6. #186
    Sage
    mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    DC Metro
    Last Seen
    11-13-16 @ 12:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    22,499

    Re: Ship Commander Fired After Harassment Claims

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    Thank you for your support but don't worry about it.........I been a member of DP for 7 years and am use to insults from the left.............It goes with the territory if your a Conservative.
    It just pisses me off when the Starbucks crowd thinks they're qualified.

  7. #187
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Ship Commander Fired After Harassment Claims

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    Thank you for your support but don't worry about it.........I been a member of DP for 7 years and am use to insults from the left.............It goes with the territory if your a Conservative.
    Well, if you feel that I insulted you, I'm sorry for that. It was not meant to be an insult.

  8. #188
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Last Seen
    10-28-17 @ 06:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    15,248

    Re: Ship Commander Fired After Harassment Claims

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You know zero about life aboard a Navy Combatant that spends up to 90 days at sea.............
    No, but I do. And I think your opinion on this is garbage.
    "Groups with guitars are on the way out, Mr. Epstein"

    Dick Rowe, A & R man
    Decca Records
    London, 1962

  9. #189
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Ship Commander Fired After Harassment Claims

    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    It just pisses me off when the Starbucks crowd thinks they're qualified.
    FYI, I'm part of the Dunkin Donuts crowd.

  10. #190
    Sage
    mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    DC Metro
    Last Seen
    11-13-16 @ 12:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    22,499

    Re: Ship Commander Fired After Harassment Claims

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    FYI, I'm part of the Dunkin Donuts crowd.
    Well, that's better.

Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •