Page 10 of 21 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 204

Thread: Ship Commander Fired After Harassment Claims

  1. #91
    Ideologically Impure
    Simon W. Moon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Fayettenam
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    16,910
    Blog Entries
    5

    Re: Ship Commander Fired After Harassment Claims

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    There should be zero Commanding Officers getting involved in this kind of nonsense.
    firing the guy in the OP is a sign that the USN agrees with you. COs shouldn't be involved in those kinds of shenanigans.
    I may be wrong.

  2. #92
    Ideologically Impure
    Simon W. Moon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Fayettenam
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    16,910
    Blog Entries
    5

    Re: Ship Commander Fired After Harassment Claims

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    I blame both sexes my far out left wing friend............It takes 2 to tango........
    So when a gay guy makes comments about how look good and how he'd like to fill you up from behind, you were one of the two tangoing? I did not know that about you.
    I may be wrong.

  3. #93
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: Ship Commander Fired After Harassment Claims

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Tammerlain View Post
    It was a joke directed at NP about the suggestion that being at to sea for long periods of time is an excuse for sexual harassment
    Your problem is my left wing friend this is not a joking issue......You wouldn't know that because you really have no clue as to what goes on aboard a Navy ship at sea for a long time.............

    As far as comparing the comforts of a destroyer vs thoase of a bird farm on the first ship I was on we had 2 heads for the crew (300 men) with 2 showers and 3 commodes in each head.........The berthing compartment was on the 2nd deck so to get to the head you had to go through 2 compartments nd then up a ladder to the main deck where the heads were.......We might have a mail call once every 2 weeks........There were no computers or phones to call home like there are on carriers......The berthing compartment for over 100 men was about as big as you living room.........
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

  4. #94
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: Ship Commander Fired After Harassment Claims

    Quote Originally Posted by Simon W. Moon View Post
    So when a gay guy makes comments about how look good and how he'd like to fill you up from behind, you were one of the two tangoing? I did not know that about you.


    This thread is not about gays.....Please don't try and hijack it.........You have been around here to know better then that.........
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

  5. #95
    Guru
    Aderleth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    04-08-16 @ 06:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    4,294

    Re: Ship Commander Fired After Harassment Claims

    Quote Originally Posted by wolfsgirl View Post
    How about males treating women with respect, and not sexually harassing them?
    I know it's hard to control yourselves, but I would assume that being a commander would require him being an adult.
    Well that's just crazy talk. Obviously it's the fault of the women for... being present, er... or something. Yeah. Totally their fault.

  6. #96
    Ideologically Impure
    Simon W. Moon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Fayettenam
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    16,910
    Blog Entries
    5

    Re: Ship Commander Fired After Harassment Claims

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    This thread is not about gays.....Please don't try and hijack it.........You have been around here to know better then that.........
    I thought we were talking about sexual harassment. You said it took two people to engage in sexual harassment.
    If you were sexually harassed by a gay guy that would mean that you were participating.
    I may be wrong.

  7. #97
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: Ship Commander Fired After Harassment Claims

    Quote Originally Posted by Risky Thicket View Post
    Yeah, bring back the old days of rum, buggery and the lash. The Old Salt Navy:

    I can tell you from personal experience we did not have the problems they hve now......
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

  8. #98
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: Ship Commander Fired After Harassment Claims

    Quote Originally Posted by Simon W. Moon View Post
    I thought we were talking about sexual harassment. You said it took two people to engage in sexual harassment.
    If you were sexually harassed by a gay guy that would mean that you were participating.


    I don't know how you figure that but no one should be sexually harrassed..............They did discharge a lot of gays for sexually harrasing straight guys.....I was never harrassed but I was involved in several court martial that kicked Gays out for doing it.
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

  9. #99
    global liberation

    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    66,325

    Re: Ship Commander Fired After Harassment Claims

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    Your problem is my left wing friend this is not a joking issue......You wouldn't know that because you really have no clue as to what goes on aboard a Navy ship at sea for a long time...
    I think I got a pretty good idea (eating, sleeping, working, etc). But that statement is rather foreboding, so I'm not sure.


    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    I was involved in several court martial that kicked Gays out for doing it.
    Why did you capitalize 'gays'.

  10. #100
    Ideologically Impure
    Simon W. Moon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Fayettenam
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    16,910
    Blog Entries
    5

    Re: Ship Commander Fired After Harassment Claims

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    I don't know how you figure that but no one should be sexually harrassed..............They did discharge a lot of gays for sexually harrasing straight guys.....I was never harrassed but I was involved in several court martial that kicked Gays out for doing it.
    So if it's a man and a woman, then sexual harassment "takes two to tango."
    But if it's a man and a man, then there's just one guilty party?
    I may be wrong.

Page 10 of 21 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •