Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast
Results 121 to 130 of 133

Thread: Paul Ryan won't explain 'forcible rape' language

  1. #121
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Prague, Czech Rep.
    Last Seen
    10-10-12 @ 02:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    1,880

    Re: Paul Ryan won't explain 'forcible rape' language

    How Paul Ryan explains foricble rape could hardly be less germane to the national interests of the US. In the scope of things, it is a minor wedge issue designed to enforce the "war on (take your pick)" by a group of self-righteous intellectual midgets far more bent on seeing the re-election of one of their own rather than dealing with a decline of the country.

  2. #122
    Student
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Last Seen
    12-06-12 @ 05:12 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    161

    Re: Paul Ryan won't explain 'forcible rape' language

    Quote Originally Posted by ARealConservative View Post
    the reason your argument is void of any logic is the tax payer is being held responsible.

    using your idiotic logic, you are saying the taxpayer is responsible. why do you feel the taxpayer has it coming?
    Okay wait wait wait wait.

    Maybe I'm just not seeing your perspective correctly, but it sounds a lot like your pissed that tax payers are responsible for crime. Okay, I can understand that idea, but christ are you being limited here. I mean come on, tax payers are also responsible for murderers, black marketers, and basically every other criminal. So why are you suddenly infuriated when it comes to rape? Why is restitution only okay when it doesn't involve preventing the destruction of a woman's life? At least be consistent please. If you don't want taxpayers to be held responsible for rape, then you are fundamentally saying that you don't want any sort of taxpayer responsibility in crime. Which would mean no punishing crime or aiding the victims. At all.

  3. #123
    Steve
    tryreading's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Central Florida
    Last Seen
    02-26-13 @ 07:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    4,809

    Re: Paul Ryan won't explain 'forcible rape' language

    Quote Originally Posted by Meathead View Post
    How Paul Ryan explains foricble rape could hardly be less germane to the national interests of the US. In the scope of things, it is a minor wedge issue designed to enforce the "war on (take your pick)" by a group of self-righteous intellectual midgets far more bent on seeing the re-election of one of their own rather than dealing with a decline of the country.
    The issue is Important to some of us. Why would a pregnancy resulting from one 'type' of rape qualify for federal abortion money, but pregnancy by another 'method' of rape not qualify?
    Do not write in this space!

  4. #124
    Cheese
    Aunt Spiker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Sasnakra
    Last Seen
    09-10-16 @ 06:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,433

    Re: Paul Ryan won't explain 'forcible rape' language

    Quote Originally Posted by lpast View Post
    All romney and ryan do is run their mouths and refuse to explain anything they want to do....this has gone way beyond just ridiculous


    GOP vice presidential contender Paul Ryan declined to explain what is meant by "forcible rape" in abortion legislation he co-sponsored with embattled Rep. Todd Akin.Ryan, a Wisconsin congressman, and Akin are among the 227 co-sponsors of the "No Taxpayer Funding for Abortion Act," which would prohibit federal funding of abortions except in instances of "an act of forcible rape or, if a minor, an act of incest."


    Paul Ryan won't explain 'forcible rape' language
    I'm lost - why does it need defining. Seems pretty damned specific to me; if someone forces theirself on you (drugs, coercion, threats) then it's forced.

    Duh??

    A screaming comes across the sky.
    It has happened before, but there is nothing to compare it to now.
    Pynchon - Gravity's Rainbow

  5. #125
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:04 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,357
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Paul Ryan won't explain 'forcible rape' language

    Quote Originally Posted by Aunt Spiker View Post
    I'm lost - why does it need defining. Seems pretty damned specific to me; if someone forces theirself on you (drugs, coercion, threats) then it's forced.

    Duh??

    That is not the case in every state, and states define what is forcible rape.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  6. #126
    Cheese
    Aunt Spiker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Sasnakra
    Last Seen
    09-10-16 @ 06:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,433

    Re: Paul Ryan won't explain 'forcible rape' language

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    That is not the case in every state, and states define what is forcible rape.
    Point well made, Redress. . . So if it's different in every state then obviously the federal government cannot define it - and thereby submits to each state's interpretation and application of the terminology.

    Quite reasonable - if someone doesn't like how their state defines it then they need to take that up with their state. The federal government cannot change that.

    And therefor they cannot create their own definition - lest they favor the definitions of one state and chasten the definition of others. That's not how things are suppose to work.
    A screaming comes across the sky.
    It has happened before, but there is nothing to compare it to now.
    Pynchon - Gravity's Rainbow

  7. #127
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:04 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,357
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Paul Ryan won't explain 'forcible rape' language

    Quote Originally Posted by Aunt Spiker View Post
    Point well made, Redress. . . So if it's different in every state then obviously the federal government cannot define it - and thereby submits to each state's interpretation and application of the terminology.

    Quite reasonable - if someone doesn't like how their state defines it then they need to take that up with their state. The federal government cannot change that.

    And therefor they cannot create their own definition - lest they favor the definitions of one state and chasten the definition of others. That's not how things are suppose to work.
    The question that is being raised, and it is a legit question, is why the distinction, in a law dealing with abortion, between rape and forcible rape.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  8. #128
    Cheese
    Aunt Spiker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Sasnakra
    Last Seen
    09-10-16 @ 06:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,433

    Re: Paul Ryan won't explain 'forcible rape' language

    I can't analyze it further without direct access to the text in question - I'm not going to dig deeper into an article. . . and it's 2:30 am and I just don't feel like going on a hunting trip.
    A screaming comes across the sky.
    It has happened before, but there is nothing to compare it to now.
    Pynchon - Gravity's Rainbow

  9. #129
    User
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Last Seen
    11-08-12 @ 02:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    33

    Re: Paul Ryan won't explain 'forcible rape' language

    I always thought that woman with dress up could run faster than man with pants down.

  10. #130
    cookies crumble
    ARealConservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    04-21-17 @ 09:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    14,518

    Re: Paul Ryan won't explain 'forcible rape' language

    Quote Originally Posted by frogloe View Post
    Okay wait wait wait wait.

    Maybe I'm just not seeing your perspective correctly, but it sounds a lot like your pissed that tax payers are responsible for crime. Okay, I can understand that idea, but christ are you being limited here. I mean come on, tax payers are also responsible for murderers, black marketers, and basically every other criminal. So why are you suddenly infuriated when it comes to rape? Why is restitution only okay when it doesn't involve preventing the destruction of a woman's life? At least be consistent please. If you don't want taxpayers to be held responsible for rape, then you are fundamentally saying that you don't want any sort of taxpayer responsibility in crime. Which would mean no punishing crime or aiding the victims. At all.

    You don’t have any idea what you are talking about.

    Tax payers are not financially responsible for crimes in most cases.

    If your house is robbed, how am I responsible for your replacement costs? If you are beaten up in a bar room fight, how am I responsible for medical costs?

    Tax Payers are responsible for the courts, for the police, etc, etc. not for restitution.

    We are pandering to rape victims only because some politicians find a way to benefit politically from the conflicted views Americans have on abortion.

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •