Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 93

Thread: Middle-class poorer, earned less in 2000s

  1. #61
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:20 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,018

    Re: Middle-class poorer, earned less in 2000s

    Quote Originally Posted by GPS_Flex View Post
    You never were a republican IMHO. Most republicans are fiscally conservative and desire a smaller, less intrusive federal government. Now that you are coming out of the closet, this is where you apologize for acting all butt hurt when I called you a closet liberal right?
    This is such utter nonsense. I guess "most" of those Republicans weren't around from Nixon to Bush II to tell us all about the less intrusive federal government they want banning gay marriage at both FEDERAL and LOCAL levels, doubling debt and feeding the industrial military complex. Yeah, GPS - tell us all about how you're an "Independent" though. I love to hear people bull**** me at the end of the night. It's good to hear people lie to themselves on the internet.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  2. #62
    Sage
    lpast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Fla
    Last Seen
    05-21-16 @ 10:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    13,565

    Re: Middle-class poorer, earned less in 2000s

    Quote Originally Posted by GPS_Flex View Post
    You never were a republican IMHO. Most republicans are fiscally conservative and desire a smaller, less intrusive federal government. Now that you are coming out of the closet, this is where you apologize for acting all butt hurt when I called you a closet liberal right?
    Nah..I dont worry bout what others think...I piss both sides off...I was a long time moderate republican who went registered independent...but I have views that both sides dislike....Im not for gay marriage and Im for gun ownership liberals do not like that...and your aware of some of my views that conservatives dont like...hey im an unlikeable guy and Im ok with that lol...

  3. #63
    Guru
    GPS_Flex's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    California
    Last Seen
    02-11-17 @ 11:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    2,719

    Re: Middle-class poorer, earned less in 2000s

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    This is such utter nonsense. I guess "most" of those Republicans weren't around from Nixon to Bush II to tell us all about the less intrusive federal government they want banning gay marriage at both FEDERAL and LOCAL levels, doubling debt and feeding the industrial military complex.
    Funny, you seem smarter and more educated than this Hatuey. I hate to break it to you but there was no need to “ban” gay marriage from the Nixon to Bush era. Care to take a guess why that is?

    The debt comes from liberal social programs that allow the kind of congressional corruption that would put any Wall Street banker in prison. You and Ipast like to whine about corruption in the private sector but there is nothing more fearful or dangerous than corruption of government. This you support and excuse however.


    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    Yeah, GPS - tell us all about how you're an "Independent" though. I love to hear people bull**** me at the end of the night. It's good to hear people lie to themselves on the internet.
    I grew up a democrat because I had strong emotions about issues but then I became a republican when I started thinking logically and learned to leave emotions out of my decision making process. When republicans, under Bush II, moved further to the left than JFK, I denounced the republican party and went independent. I don’t get to vote in any primaries but that’s ok. I call a spade a spade when I see a spade, unlike some who call a spade a diamond or heart when they really see a spade. It’s all about respecting and valuing truth, logic and reality. You might want to give it a try some time Hatuey.

    "Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought."
    John F. Kennedy
    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    It would seem that the constitution is just a god damn piece of paper, to be trotted out when expedient.

  4. #64
    Guru
    GPS_Flex's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    California
    Last Seen
    02-11-17 @ 11:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    2,719

    Re: Middle-class poorer, earned less in 2000s

    Quote Originally Posted by lpast View Post
    Nah..I dont worry bout what others think...I piss both sides off...I was a long time moderate republican who went registered independent...but I have views that both sides dislike....Im not for gay marriage and Im for gun ownership liberals do not like that...and your aware of some of my views that conservatives dont like...hey im an unlikeable guy and Im ok with that lol...
    So you plan to vote for Obama now do you?

    "Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought."
    John F. Kennedy
    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    It would seem that the constitution is just a god damn piece of paper, to be trotted out when expedient.

  5. #65
    Sage
    lpast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Fla
    Last Seen
    05-21-16 @ 10:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    13,565

    Re: Middle-class poorer, earned less in 2000s

    Quote Originally Posted by GPS_Flex View Post
    So you plan to vote for Obama now do you?
    Yes i do...and no obama is not my hero nor do I think hes done a good job...but I only have two to choose from...and hes the better of the two for more people as I see it.

  6. #66
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Middle-class poorer, earned less in 2000s

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    the only people taxes are low on are those who demand most of the government
    Hardly. This is you blind spot. Taxes are lower for everyone, including the rich and business. And for the wealthy, they are lower than they were in our best days as a nation. And despite that, and despite shrinking unions, largely your view of how the world should be, we have struggled for jobs. This suggests your view is simply wrong.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  7. #67
    Sage
    Mach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    11,433

    Re: Middle-class poorer, earned less in 2000s

    The standard of living in the U.S., and our culture, is such that people given the choice, simply do not want to keep cranking on the rat race the way their parents did. Can you blame them?

  8. #68
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,262

    Re: Middle-class poorer, earned less in 2000s

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Many spoken of efforts to help. First stop favoring business over working people. Second, take money out of politics so government is less connected to the wealthy. These two alone would be a good start.
    First of all get rid of this phrase "working people", because it's commie lingo. You're not going to convince conservatives if you continue to trot out that ****. If the govt didn't have a budget in the trillions (and that doesn't even count the state and local govts), maybe there would be more money in the bank accounts of the middle class. Why is your first solution always busting up businesses? Look at the totally ****ed up tax system we have in this country, we're paying taxes on taxes!! How many times does a citizen need to be taxed on the same money? From federal all the way down to your local township, you're being taxed on the same money you earned in your paycheck, sometimes several times over. How much you want to bet that after all those taxes that you have less than $.50 of every $1.00 you earned?
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  9. #69
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:20 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,018

    Re: Middle-class poorer, earned less in 2000s

    Quote Originally Posted by GPS_Flex View Post
    Funny, you seem smarter and more educated than this Hatuey. I hate to break it to you but there was no need to “ban” gay marriage from the Nixon to Bush era. Care to take a guess why that is?

    The debt comes from liberal social programs that allow the kind of congressional corruption that would put any Wall Street banker in prison. You and Ipast like to whine about corruption in the private sector but there is nothing more fearful or dangerous than corruption of government. This you support and excuse however.


    Tell us all again how Reagan was a leftist who loved spending.
    I grew up a democrat because I had strong emotions about issues but then I became a republican when I started thinking logically and learned to leave emotions out of my decision making process. When republicans, under Bush II, moved further to the left than JFK, I denounced the republican party and went independent. I don’t get to vote in any primaries but that’s ok. I call a spade a spade when I see a spade, unlike some who call a spade a diamond or heart when they really see a spade. It’s all about respecting and valuing truth, logic and reality. You might want to give it a try some time Hatuey.
    Lmao. Sure you did.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  10. #70
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Middle-class poorer, earned less in 2000s

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    First of all get rid of this phrase "working people", because it's commie lingo. You're not going to convince conservatives if you continue to trot out that ****. If the govt didn't have a budget in the trillions (and that doesn't even count the state and local govts), maybe there would be more money in the bank accounts of the middle class. Why is your first solution always busting up businesses? Look at the totally ****ed up tax system we have in this country, we're paying taxes on taxes!! How many times does a citizen need to be taxed on the same money? From federal all the way down to your local township, you're being taxed on the same money you earned in your paycheck, sometimes several times over. How much you want to bet that after all those taxes that you have less than $.50 of every $1.00 you earned?
    Nice mindless rant.

    The fact remains, tax rates are lower today. Unions are shrinking. This is what conservatives claim will make the economy roar. I've asked for them to explain why their solution isn't working. Care to take a shot at it?

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •