Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 29

Thread: Skinny-dipping in Israel: GOP lawmakers reprimanded for drinking, swimming report say

  1. #1
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,180

    Skinny-dipping in Israel: GOP lawmakers reprimanded for drinking, swimming report say

    Skinny-dipping in Israel: GOP lawmakers reprimanded for drinking, swimming report says - 2chambers - The Washington Post

    House Republican leaders reprimanded 30 lawmakers last August for antics including drinking and skinny-dipping during a fact-finding trip to Israel, according to published reports.

    House Majority Leader Eric Cantor (R-Va.) and House Majority Whip Kevin McCarthy (R-Calif.) scolded the lawmakers many of them freshmen and senior GOP staffers for a late-night swim in the Sea of Galilee. At least one of the lawmakers swam nude, according to a report published Sunday night by Politico.
    Because what better way to celebrate the life of Jesus, than to get drunk and whip out your junk where He walked on water...


    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    This issue has been plowed more times than Paris Hilton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oborosen View Post
    Too bad we have to observe human rights.

  2. #2
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: Skinny-dipping in Israel: GOP lawmakers reprimanded for drinking, swimming report

    Much to ado about nothing.

    Whoop tee doo

    Its not a big deal

    get over it already.

  3. #3
    Pragmatic Idealist
    upsideguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Rocky Mtn. High
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    10,129

    Re: Skinny-dipping in Israel: GOP lawmakers reprimanded for drinking, swimming report

    Quote Originally Posted by rocket88 View Post
    Skinny-dipping in Israel: GOP lawmakers reprimanded for drinking, swimming report says - 2chambers - The Washington Post

    Because what better way to celebrate the life of Jesus, than to get drunk and whip out your junk where He walked on water...
    Score one for the Reps as the party of transparency.

  4. #4
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,180

    Re: Skinny-dipping in Israel: GOP lawmakers reprimanded for drinking, swimming report

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    Much to ado about nothing.

    Whoop tee doo

    Its not a big deal

    get over it already.
    I debated putting this in News of the Weird. I really don't care what they did, but I must admit that it made me chuckle.


    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    This issue has been plowed more times than Paris Hilton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oborosen View Post
    Too bad we have to observe human rights.

  5. #5
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: Skinny-dipping in Israel: GOP lawmakers reprimanded for drinking, swimming report

    Quote Originally Posted by rocket88 View Post
    I debated putting this in News of the Weird. I really don't care what they did, but I must admit that it made me chuckle.
    Let's go skinny dipping!

    They were talking about it on NPR today. And some left wing pundit was was trying to make an issue out of it.

  6. #6
    Sewer Rat
    Risky Thicket's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:16 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,808

    Re: Skinny-dipping in Israel: GOP lawmakers reprimanded for drinking, swimming report

    Quote Originally Posted by rocket88 View Post
    Skinny-dipping in Israel: GOP lawmakers reprimanded for drinking, swimming report says - 2chambers - The Washington Post



    Because what better way to celebrate the life of Jesus, than to get drunk and whip out your junk where He walked on water...
    In front of women and families too. LOL! Love those drunk family values Republicans. Hell, I'll bet some of them even peed in the water.

    Well, no matter. As long as none of them married another person of the same sex or had an abortion while they were there GOP partisans won't be in the least bit concerned.

  7. #7
    Sewer Rat
    Risky Thicket's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:16 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,808

    Re: Skinny-dipping in Israel: GOP lawmakers reprimanded for drinking, swimming report

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    Let's go skinny dipping!

    They were talking about it on NPR today. And some left wing pundit was was trying to make an issue out of it.
    It doesn't bother me when members of Congress want to go out Wilbur Mills-ing. What does bother me is when the other side acts holier than thou about it. The Phoenix paper reported that Rep. Quayle (Dan's son) participated, but his wife didn't as she is 8 months pregnant. We still hear about family values from most Arizona Republicans and Tea Partisans, except for Sen. McCain, and I for one am ****ing sick of hearing it.

    It would be grand if the GOP could somehow end their dishonest relationship with the religious right and declare, "We are no different than those bastards across the isle. We drink and whore around too. One thing we are sick of doing is shoving falsely held morals up America's ass. We aren't going to do that anymore. Don't expect us to be any different than anyone else - because we aren't."

  8. #8
    Tavern Bartender
    Pussy Grabbin' Beaver
    Middleground's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Canada's Capital
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    22,458
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Skinny-dipping in Israel: GOP lawmakers reprimanded for drinking, swimming report

    Quote Originally Posted by Risky Thicket View Post
    It doesn't bother me when members of Congress want to go out Wilbur Mills-ing. What does bother me is when the other side acts holier than thou about it. The Phoenix paper reported that Rep. Quayle (Dan's son) participated, but his wife didn't as she is 8 months pregnant. We still hear about family values from most Arizona Republicans and Tea Partisans, except for Sen. McCain, and I for one am ****ing sick of hearing it.

    It would be grand if the GOP could somehow end their dishonest relationship with the religious right and declare, "We are no different than those bastards across the isle. We drink and whore around too. One thing we are sick of doing is shoving falsely held morals up America's ass. We aren't going to do that anymore. Don't expect us to be any different than anyone else - because we aren't."
    But yet today, Akin went and put his other foot in his mouth by saying this in an interview last night:

    Its also appropriate to recognize a creator God, whose blessings of life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness is the very source of American freedom, the Republican congressman asserted. And that part of the message, I feel, is missing. And I think thats something that we need to encourage people and to let people remember in their hearts what it is that makes America such a great nation. And life is very much a part of that whole thing.

    No men are anywhere, and Im allowed to go in, because Im the owner of the pageant and therefore Im inspecting it, Trump said... Is everyone OK? You know, theyre standing there with no clothes. Is everybody OK? And you see these incredible looking women, and so I sort of get away with things like that.

  9. #9
    Sewer Rat
    Risky Thicket's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:16 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,808

    Re: Skinny-dipping in Israel: GOP lawmakers reprimanded for drinking, swimming report

    Quote Originally Posted by Middleground View Post
    But yet today, Akin went and put his other foot in his mouth by saying this in an interview last night:

    “It’s also appropriate to recognize a creator God, whose blessings of life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness is the very source of American freedom,” the Republican congressman asserted. “And that part of the message, I feel, is missing. And I think that’s something that we need to encourage people and to let people remember in their hearts what it is that makes America such a great nation. And life is very much a part of that whole thing.”

    And there we have it! Yet another politician who wants to bring his religion into the U.S. government. I don't mind at all that he believes what he believes. I do great mind that he is yet another politician who would force his God on the citizens of the nation. Not to mention that his God has obviously "blessed" him by making him an idiot.

  10. #10
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,714

    Re: Skinny-dipping in Israel: GOP lawmakers reprimanded for drinking, swimming report

    Quote Originally Posted by rocket88 View Post
    Skinny-dipping in Israel: GOP lawmakers reprimanded for drinking, swimming report says - 2chambers - The Washington Post



    Because what better way to celebrate the life of Jesus, than to get drunk and whip out your junk where He walked on water...
    They are too conservative and sexually repressed. They are too freaky. They cant win. **** you guys...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •