Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 LastLast
Results 171 to 180 of 193

Thread: California Farm Labor Shortage 'Worst It's Been, Ever'

  1. #171
    Death2Globalists Matt Foley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    ExecuteTheTraitors
    Last Seen
    11-24-12 @ 12:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,574

    Re: California Farm Labor Shortage 'Worst It's Been, Ever'

    It's a WA-WA pedal you m****. I wasn't calling the OP a "cry baby" I was saying, "California Farm Labor Shortage 'Worst It's Been, Ever' - US.........wah wah wah."
    Globalist = Free Trade, Open Borders, Multiculturalist, Anti-White Racist, Hypocrite, Sophist, Deceiver, Manipulator, Warmonger, Vulgar Culture, Morally Depraved......Enemy

    Death to Globalists

  2. #172
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Naperville, IL
    Last Seen
    09-24-12 @ 02:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    11,963

    Re: California Farm Labor Shortage 'Worst It's Been, Ever'

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Tammerlain View Post
    California Farm Labor Shortage 'Worst It's Been, Ever' - US* Business News - CNBC



    Just one question


    I do not recall there being a shortage of farm labourers (lega or illegal) 4 + years ago, and yet people are saying Obama has been soft on illegal immigrants? When the boarder security seems to be working better now then 4+ years ago
    It seems like keeping the conservative base feeling happy and safe is once again contrary to the needs of the majority. How does that keep happening?

    The majority, that's most of us, need the nations largest agriculture state to produce the food we eat at a price we can afford.

    Why do we let a small minority stand in our way of getting a pragmatic compromise on immigration reform that addresses the needs of CA farms--seasonal labor that can pick massive quantities of fruit. California is not a corn state, the majority of the farms in the central valley are independent.

    We can argue how much the price of fruits will go up with higher-paid labor etc., but you can not purchase a tomato or strawberry that died on a tree because it wasn't picked. And with a limited supply comes demand which drives up what, class?

  3. #173
    Transcend~
    Empirica's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Lost at Sea
    Last Seen
    11-24-17 @ 07:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    3,662

    Re: California Farm Labor Shortage 'Worst It's Been, Ever'

    Quote Originally Posted by muciti View Post
    Funny. I see 3 options in this thread.

    A. Live on welfare as a pathetic leech who is too lazy to work
    B. Become a criminal who steals and robs or attempts to destroy society
    C. Earn an honest living yourself

    Sorry to break this too you but if you would choose A or B over C when you have the choice you are the problem with America.
    What about option (D - Mooch off of family as a pathetic leech who is too lazy to work) ???

    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker Case View Post
    Being grossly underpaid for your labors is not an honest living its stupid as all hell.
    Sorry Tuck, but this is not a flattering example of your amazing education and intelligence previously vaunted_

    Economics 101__Wages are based on job qualifications which determine demand for each particular job_

    And for this reason, a ditch digger can't expect to earn an engineer's pay_

    (except of course in Karl Marx's beautiful utopian dream world)

    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker Case View Post
    And if that's all that you managed to find in my post, you are utterly devoid of any and all reading comprehension skills.
    There's certainly alot of that goin round_

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    You are taking people who could have worked and jail them, send them out into the streets and make them destitute wherein they are more likely to commit crime and thus be jailed, and you're calling for killing them as well.

    I'd rather spend less money overall and have some amount of social safety net that benefits the lot of us.
    Beggars can't be choosers and paying people not to be criminals only serves to exacerbate the problem_

    There should be no "safety net" for criminals who consider the available work and wages to be beneath them_

    As you can see by the exchange below, there are those who turn to crime simply to avoid low wage menial labor_

    Quote Originally Posted by ChuckBerry View Post
    This is probably the reason why there is no one locally available to pick. In the Imperial Valley, its all meth and gangbangers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker Case View Post
    The pay is better. Why be exploited by scumbags when you can simply become one of them?
    Thanks for helping me make my point boys_
    When a crime is ignored ~ it becomes flagrant;
    When a crime is rewarded ~ it becomes epidemic:

    No Amnesty No Exception

  4. #174
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: California Farm Labor Shortage 'Worst It's Been, Ever'

    Quote Originally Posted by Empirica View Post
    Beggars can't be choosers and paying people not to be criminals only serves to exacerbate the problem_

    There should be no "safety net" for criminals who consider the available work and wages to be beneath them_

    As you can see by the exchange below, there are those who turn to crime simply to avoid low wage menial labor_
    OMG....some people are going to commit crime. Quick....let's cancel welfare because that will surely make the problem better!

    Jesus, maybe we should have some forced education in this country. We could use a boost to our IQ.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  5. #175
    Transcend~
    Empirica's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Lost at Sea
    Last Seen
    11-24-17 @ 07:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    3,662

    Re: California Farm Labor Shortage 'Worst It's Been, Ever'

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    OMG....some people are going to commit crime. Quick....let's cancel welfare because that will surely make the problem better!
    I think maybe you're over-reacting a bit here sweety_

    Jesus, maybe we should have some forced education in this country. We could use a boost to our IQ.
    Actually, we've been in a period of "forced dumming down" for the last few decades_
    When a crime is ignored ~ it becomes flagrant;
    When a crime is rewarded ~ it becomes epidemic:

    No Amnesty No Exception

  6. #176
    Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    The Republic of Texas.
    Last Seen
    11-15-17 @ 11:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,647

    Re: California Farm Labor Shortage 'Worst It's Been, Ever'

    Quote Originally Posted by Empirica View Post
    I think maybe you're over-reacting a bit here sweety_

    Actually, we've been in a period of "forced dumming down" for the last few decades_
    That would depend on your point of view. If you want educated productive people, then the system has pretty much reached critical failure. If you are trying to produce more people who buy into the politics of the enviromentalist and the Marxians, then it is doing a truely fantastic job.

    Since the "social" revolution of the '60s, there has been ever decreasing discipline in schools, greater and greater numbers of people on government assistance, under-educated and in prisons. If it wasn't so tragic, it would funny how as our society becomes more and more Marxian it has become more and more dysfunctional. Nah, those two things couldn't possibly be related, could they?

  7. #177
    Guru
    GPS_Flex's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    California
    Last Seen
    02-11-17 @ 11:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    2,719

    Re: California Farm Labor Shortage 'Worst It's Been, Ever'

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Tammerlain View Post
    California Farm Labor Shortage 'Worst It's Been, Ever' - US* Business News - CNBC



    Just one question


    I do not recall there being a shortage of farm labourers (lega or illegal) 4 + years ago, and yet people are saying Obama has been soft on illegal immigrants? When the boarder security seems to be working better now then 4+ years ago
    Isn't it racist of you to assume farm labor is primarily composed of illegal Mexicans?

    "Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought."
    John F. Kennedy
    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    It would seem that the constitution is just a god damn piece of paper, to be trotted out when expedient.

  8. #178
    Resident Martian ;)
    PirateMk1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    California
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    9,920

    Re: California Farm Labor Shortage 'Worst It's Been, Ever'

    Quote Originally Posted by GPS_Flex View Post
    Isn't it racist of you to assume farm labor is primarily composed of illegal Mexicans?
    Uhh I live right in the middle of that and uhh yea they are very illeagal Mexicans, Salvadorians, and pretty much everyone else from south of the border. The correct term would be unlawful alien. But none the less they mostly be illeagal. So nope not racist in the least. Unless the truth is racist.
    Semper Fidelis, Semper Liber.
    I spit at lots of people through my computer screen. Not only does it "teach them a lesson" but it keeps the screen clean and shiny.
    Stolen fair and square from the Capt. Courtesey himself.

  9. #179
    Guru
    GPS_Flex's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    California
    Last Seen
    02-11-17 @ 11:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    2,719

    Re: California Farm Labor Shortage 'Worst It's Been, Ever'

    Quote Originally Posted by Empirica View Post
    I think maybe you're over-reacting a bit here sweety_

    Actually, we've been in a period of "forced dumming down" for the last few decades_
    Yes, Ikari always over reacts. He is a liberal who allows emotion to rule over logic and often makes such melodramatic quips in an attempt to grab the attention of those who are less educated on an issue.

    If Ikari was as outraged by the debt and weaker nation we are about to pass down to our children as he is with the IQ of this nation, he might have a leg to stand on but he isn’t willing to do what those before us did when they made tough choices that included the ultimate sacrifice. He thinks education is more important than values but he fails to realize that values bring us together or drive us apart no matter how educated or uneducated we may be.

    "Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought."
    John F. Kennedy
    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    It would seem that the constitution is just a god damn piece of paper, to be trotted out when expedient.

  10. #180
    Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    The Republic of Texas.
    Last Seen
    11-15-17 @ 11:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,647

    Re: California Farm Labor Shortage 'Worst It's Been, Ever'

    Quote Originally Posted by GPS_Flex View Post
    Isn't it racist of you to assume farm labor is primarily composed of illegal Mexicans?
    Facts are not racist, they are what they are. From some view point always associating Mexicans and other Central/South Americans with Illegal immigration is racist. But the fact still remains that they make up the vast majority of Illegal immigrants in the US. 100%, no, but most, yes.

    The total of illegal Mexicans in the US dropped after the economic meltdown, even in their sector, jobs were lost. Why has so many illegal immigrant farm laborers disappeared from California? It sure as hell not border security working better. Those jobs are seasonal, without unemployment and welfare, the people doing those jobs had to seek jobs elsewhere after Cali took such a massive hit in their economy. They went elsewhere in the US seeking jobs for the off season and didn't return or some of them were probably in the few million illegals who actually left after the collapse.

    Obama's only contribution to border security was to keep the economy on this side of the border so bad that fewer wanted to come here or were able to stay here. While our economy sucking hind tit might be good for discouraging illegal immigration, it's side affects on everything else pretty much, well, suck.

Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •