Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast
Results 151 to 160 of 193

Thread: California Farm Labor Shortage 'Worst It's Been, Ever'

  1. #151
    Sage
    Kreton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Colorado Springs
    Last Seen
    11-13-17 @ 08:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    6,118

    Re: California Farm Labor Shortage 'Worst It's Been, Ever'

    Quote Originally Posted by What if...? View Post
    Brilliant!

    Deterrence is a farce. So your plan would just result in more cases being tried in the street. Represe ted by Smith and Wesson.

    Yall just hate it when your capitalist utopia doesnt work out.

    People dont want to be peasants.

    We pay CEOs exhorbitant sums because we "need" them.
    We don't pay CEO's. CEO's get their money from their companies. Companies get their money because consumers give it to them because they want their goods and services.

    So since we "need" farm workers farmers are going to pay what the market will bear.
    The reality is we pay our farm workers here far more than what the market demands. The market demands cheap labor which is why mexican produce out sells american produce.


    Seasonal migratory back breaking minimum wage work will be resisted by anybody with sense. Sitting in a gas station all night pays about the same. **** picking cotton.
    This attitude right here is why America is failing. ****ing pathetic laziness.
    “Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply.”
    Stephen R. Covey


  2. #152
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    12,453
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: California Farm Labor Shortage 'Worst It's Been, Ever'

    Quote Originally Posted by muciti View Post
    We don't pay CEO's. CEO's get their money from their companies. Companies get their money because consumers give it to them because they want their goods and services.



    The reality is we pay our farm workers here far more than what the market demands. The market demands cheap labor which is why mexican produce out sells american produce.




    This attitude right here is why America is failing. ****ing pathetic laziness.
    Youre forgetting as well that most illegal migrant farm workers live as squatters.

    America is an expensive place to live.

    So if your industry cant afford to compete with forwign companies, too bad.

    Stop asking Americans to compete with peasants in foreign countries. We simply cant afford to live HERE on what they pay THERE.
    Anyone wondering what I'm talking about start here:
    The Psychology of Persuasion

  3. #153
    Sage
    Kreton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Colorado Springs
    Last Seen
    11-13-17 @ 08:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    6,118

    Re: California Farm Labor Shortage 'Worst It's Been, Ever'

    Quote Originally Posted by What if...? View Post
    Youre forgetting as well that most illegal migrant farm workers live as squatters.

    America is an expensive place to live.

    So if your industry cant afford to compete with forwign companies, too bad.

    Stop asking Americans to compete with peasants in foreign countries. We simply cant afford to live HERE on what they pay THERE.
    Which wouldnt be such a big deal but Americans don't buy American goods. If we dont buy our products and the rest of the world doesnt either how exactly do you think we are going to survive? Our industries cannot compete with foreign companies because of how we pay our employees here.

    Americans either need to work for much less or start buying products made for at a higher price.
    “Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply.”
    Stephen R. Covey


  4. #154
    Matthew 16:3

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Everywhere and nowhere
    Last Seen
    06-24-17 @ 05:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    45,603

    Re: California Farm Labor Shortage 'Worst It's Been, Ever'

    Quote Originally Posted by muciti View Post
    Food is grown all over the world. that same food is imported from all over the world. These farmers are not just competing with other american farmers.
    Holy ****ing hand grenade of antioch. Are you actually mentally retarded, or is it just an act that you use to make conservatives look bad?
    Tucker Case - Tard magnet.

  5. #155
    Sage
    Kreton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Colorado Springs
    Last Seen
    11-13-17 @ 08:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    6,118

    Re: California Farm Labor Shortage 'Worst It's Been, Ever'

    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker Case View Post
    Holy ****ing hand grenade of antioch. Are you actually mentally retarded, or is it just an act that you use to make conservatives look bad?
    are you ****ing retarded? I am not a conservative nor would I want to be. How the hell am i making conservatives look bad? Your little ideas that it is better to have people on welfare than work is not something I would consider conservative. Or it is better to be a criminal than work is not something i think most conservatives think.

    furthermore when your dumbass can get around to actually addressing my posts feel free to try. your argument has failed to the point of just saying are you retarded. Make a point or tuck your tail back between your legs and scamper off.
    “Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply.”
    Stephen R. Covey


  6. #156
    Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    The Republic of Texas.
    Last Seen
    11-15-17 @ 11:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,647

    Re: California Farm Labor Shortage 'Worst It's Been, Ever'

    Quote Originally Posted by muciti View Post
    Food is grown all over the world. that same food is imported from all over the world. These farmers are not just competing with other american farmers.
    Good thing too, otherwise I would have to do without some fruits and vegitables. I won't purchase any product that is labled "Product of California" or any product I know is made there. I refuse to let any of my money knowingly go to a bunch of liberal socialist trying to totally screw up my country. I'd rather give it to Mexico or Chile. They may also be heavily socialist, but they are foriegn socialist not ones in our country trying to **** us over.

  7. #157
    Sage
    Kreton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Colorado Springs
    Last Seen
    11-13-17 @ 08:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    6,118

    Re: California Farm Labor Shortage 'Worst It's Been, Ever'

    Quote Originally Posted by DVSentinel View Post
    Good thing too, otherwise I would have to do without some fruits and vegitables. I won't purchase any product that is labled "Product of California" or any product I know is made there. I refuse to let any of my money knowingly go to a bunch of liberal socialist trying to totally screw up my country. I'd rather give it to Mexico or Chile. They may also be heavily socialist, but they are foriegn socialist not ones in our country trying to **** us over.
    I call bull****. I bet you are like most of america and buy what is cheapest. Mexico is cheaper so you justify enhancing their economy at the sake of ours because you are greedy. You can try to justify it by politisizing it but in the end, you buy what's cheap.

    America demands high wages and refuses to buy anything that is not made in sub-humane conditions.
    “Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply.”
    Stephen R. Covey


  8. #158
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:34 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,331
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: California Farm Labor Shortage 'Worst It's Been, Ever'

    Moderator's Warning:
    California Farm Labor Shortage 'Worst It's Been, Ever'Fewer people can post in this thread now. Don't be next.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  9. #159
    Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    The Republic of Texas.
    Last Seen
    11-15-17 @ 11:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,647

    Re: California Farm Labor Shortage 'Worst It's Been, Ever'

    Quote Originally Posted by muciti View Post
    I call bull****. I bet you are like most of america and buy what is cheapest. Mexico is cheaper so you justify enhancing their economy at the sake of ours because you are greedy. You can try to justify it by politisizing it but in the end, you buy what's cheap.

    America demands high wages and refuses to buy anything that is not made in sub-humane conditions.
    Actually, you would be incorrect. My primary set of hand tools are Craftsman, the only set I found that says "made in America" and gave at least double of what the same basic set would of cost me in Kobalt, Huskey, Stanely or others. True, I didn't step all the way up to Snap-On or Mac, but heck, I don't even know where I would find one of their trucks out here. The BX sells craftsman now, as long as they are made in America, I will probably stick with them.

    My TV is a 70" Sony Grand Wega SXRO, looked, but RCA had nothing even close although they were indeed cheaper, so were samsung and other brands and Curtis Mathis went out of business a longtime ago. Hardly the cheapest around.

    I actually tend to go with the highest perceived or historic quality available, not the cheapest. I could buy cheap tires for my car that are half the cost of the ones I buy, but then I would use up 3 sets of them to the one set of high quality ones.

    Other than fruits and vegitables that are labled "product of california" I don't actually research each and every thing I buy to see exactly where it is made. Maybe I should, non-right to work states and states that traditionally vote liberal really should be boycotted.

  10. #160
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    57,123

    Re: California Farm Labor Shortage 'Worst It's Been, Ever'

    Quote Originally Posted by LiberalAvenger View Post
    Who cares? The growers won't pay livable wages and the workers send most of their money back to Mexico.
    ....something about this math makes no sense.......



    .....if they can't live off of the wages.... how do they have so much left over to send back to Mexico....

Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •