Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 114

Thread: Court: Texas can cut off Planned Parenthood funds[W:104, W:111]

  1. #71
    Advisor Another Lurker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Uncle Joe's state
    Last Seen
    09-01-12 @ 10:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    319

    re: Court: Texas can cut off Planned Parenthood funds[W:104, W:111]

    Quote Originally Posted by Furiounova View Post
    Afghanistan and Iraq never attacked us.
    Yet again you fail to answer a direct question. I'll try this again ... HAVE YOU EVER BEEN A VICTIM OF A VIOLENT CRIME?

    A simple yes or no will suffice.

    A L

  2. #72
    Educator Schutzengel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Florida, USA
    Last Seen
    04-20-13 @ 11:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    719

    re: Court: Texas can cut off Planned Parenthood funds[W:104, W:111]

    Quote Originally Posted by Furiounova View Post
    She was a racist but it's silly to throw out everything she did with BC because of that. Lincoln was a racist so does that mean we repeal the EP?
    The EP freed the slaves, PP is commiting soft genocide... (Abortions hit blacks at more than 3X the rate of whites and more than 2X the rate of any other race*, and this was a stated purpose of miss Sanger)

    Maggie Sanger had a special place in her heart for the black community... it was the darkest most hate filled corner of it.

    If the EP was about enslaving people again I would stand against it, and want it repealed, just as my family did when slavery was legal in the US.

    *50 per 1000 for blacks, 14 per 1000 for whites, and 22 per 1000 for all other races.
    History does not long entrust the care of freedom to the weak or timid. - Ike

    Tea is better for you than Kool-Aid.

  3. #73
    Guru
    nonpareil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    07-04-15 @ 10:36 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,108

    re: Court: Texas can cut off Planned Parenthood funds[W:104, W:111]

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    PP isn't the only one who runs free clinics. And no, I don't suppose Texas did let these folks know where to shop for free services. I imagine they'll do the leg work themselves if there really is the need.
    So the Texan government left those 65 000 women to deal with the results of their actions on their own, which indicates that it's not about helping those women at all.


    Here's a clue for you, the state does not have to support abortion, period. If you're saying the majority of PP's mission is to be a condom provider, then machines would and should easily replace them. It comes down to this, if they continue to provide abortions they don't get public funding. Why don't you and all your buds get off yer duffs and send them some money if you're so hot to support them. Do it with your own dollars.
    Giving people factually incorrect information is not "clue", since you seem to believe it yourself, it appears to be ignorance. Even without this law, Texas does not provide funding for abortion. There are more to contraceptive services than "condom provider", you ought to educate yourself on that. $35m of that money comes from the Federal Government which is everyone's dollar. All Americans can lobby their local government to fund the programme they support and the federal government to institute policies within the bound of the constitution, that is their democratic right. It is idiotic to argue that funding for programmes should only come from donation, if so many essential services would be cut, not the least of which is defense. I can and have donated to Planned Parenthood.
    Quote Originally Posted by Free_Radical View Post

    And I wasn't making an appeal to authority, I was making an appeal to the philosophical body of work of the founders, the worth and content of which should be well-known to anyone with a cursory understanding of basic history and philosophy.

    Brian

  4. #74
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    re: Court: Texas can cut off Planned Parenthood funds[W:104, W:111]

    Quote Originally Posted by nonpareil View Post
    So the Texan government left those 65 000 women to deal with the results of their actions on their own, which indicates that it's not about helping those women at all.
    So? Who is supposed to deal with own own actions - ourselves that's who. And just what services are those 65,000 women missing, be verbose. What is it they cannot get at any other free clinic?


    Quote Originally Posted by nonpareil View Post
    Giving people factually incorrect information is not "clue", since you seem to believe it yourself, it appears to be ignorance. Even without this law, Texas does not provide funding for abortion. There are more to contraceptive services than "condom provider", you ought to educate yourself on that. $35m of that money comes from the Federal Government which is everyone's dollar. All Americans can lobby their local government to fund the programme they support and the federal government to institute policies within the bound of the constitution, that is their democratic right. It is idiotic to argue that funding for programmes should only come from donation, if so many essential services would be cut, not the least of which is defense. I can and have donated to Planned Parenthood.
    I know precisely why PP was formed and what their mission is. Eugenics, it was Sanger's crusade. And yes, I love how you argue against yourself, all Americans can lobby their government, and they have. Now because of that lobbying PP doesn't get public funding in Texas.

    Now that you've let us know the sky is falling, perhaps you can list those "essential services" provided exclusively by PP.

  5. #75
    Sage
    jamesrage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    A place where common sense exists
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    31,078

    re: Court: Texas can cut off Planned Parenthood funds[W:104, W:111]

    Quote Originally Posted by Furiounova View Post
    But it doesn't work. Pro-choice is an accurate description. If you are on the other side of that position you are anti choice. Pretty simple stuff man.
    Pro-choice is not a accurate description.It implies that you are for people being able to make all kinds of choices. But you people are only pro-choice when it comes to abortion.So pro-abortion is a accurate description since it describes those who are for abortion being legal.Since my side is called pro-life then I should call your side pro-death or pro-babykiller.
    "A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murder is less to fear"

    Cicero Marcus Tullius

  6. #76
    Guru

    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    04-14-17 @ 01:28 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,237

    re: Court: Texas can cut off Planned Parenthood funds[W:104, W:111]

    Quote Originally Posted by Another Lurker View Post
    Yet again you fail to answer a direct question. I'll try this again ... HAVE YOU EVER BEEN A VICTIM OF A VIOLENT CRIME?

    A simple yes or no will suffice.

    A L
    Yes. What does that have to do with anything? Are you saying you have to be murdered before being able to have an opinion on murder?
    My main function as a Christian is to be the biggest possible jerk as a demonstration of the awe found in God's Grace and Forgiveness. (That love part comes in to play at some point)

  7. #77
    Guru

    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    04-14-17 @ 01:28 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,237

    re: Court: Texas can cut off Planned Parenthood funds[W:104, W:111]

    Quote Originally Posted by jamesrage View Post
    Pro-choice is not a accurate description.It implies that you are for people being able to make all kinds of choices. But you people are only pro-choice when it comes to abortion.So pro-abortion is a accurate description since it describes those who are for abortion being legal.Since my side is called pro-life then I should call your side pro-death or pro-babykiller.
    Not even close. Pro choice is a term endemic to the abortion issue and it is false to use the label pro abortion because you can be against abortion and pro choice at the same time.

    If you disagree with the pro choice position you are anti choice. Period. You are only pro life if you are against all war and capital punishment along with abortion. Unfortunately, the anti choice crowd are usually the biggest cheerleaders of the other two.
    My main function as a Christian is to be the biggest possible jerk as a demonstration of the awe found in God's Grace and Forgiveness. (That love part comes in to play at some point)

  8. #78
    Guru

    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    04-14-17 @ 01:28 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,237

    re: Court: Texas can cut off Planned Parenthood funds[W:104, W:111]

    Quote Originally Posted by Schutzengel View Post
    The EP freed the slaves, PP is commiting soft genocide... (Abortions hit blacks at more than 3X the rate of whites and more than 2X the rate of any other race*, and this was a stated purpose of miss Sanger)

    Maggie Sanger had a special place in her heart for the black community... it was the darkest most hate filled corner of it.

    If the EP was about enslaving people again I would stand against it, and want it repealed, just as my family did when slavery was legal in the US.

    *50 per 1000 for blacks, 14 per 1000 for whites, and 22 per 1000 for all other races.
    The EP did not free the slaves in the North.
    Sanger's racism, while grotesque, is not just cause to throw out PP and it isn't committing genocide. Goodness. Get a grip and drop the hyperbole.
    My main function as a Christian is to be the biggest possible jerk as a demonstration of the awe found in God's Grace and Forgiveness. (That love part comes in to play at some point)

  9. #79
    Guru
    nonpareil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    07-04-15 @ 10:36 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,108

    re: Court: Texas can cut off Planned Parenthood funds[W:104, W:111]

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    So? Who is supposed to deal with own own actions - ourselves that's who. And just what services are those 65,000 women missing, be verbose. What is it they cannot get at any other free clinic?
    Ah, so you have reading comprehensions problems. The article in the OP clearly states that: Planned Parenthood clinics that provide family planning and health services to poor women as part of the Texas Women's Health Program.

    And my first question was: which clinics would those be? No where did I say that they couldn't get services from those clinics.

    If you can't understand on first reading, I suggest you repeat the process until you do before making replies.

    I know precisely why PP was formed and what their mission is. Eugenics, it was Sanger's crusade. And yes, I love how you argue against yourself, all Americans can lobby their government, and they have. Now because of that lobbying PP doesn't get public funding in Texas.
    Did I say they shouldn't have lobbied for the funds to be pulled? Why do you insist on using fallacies and misinformation? If guilt by association is a valid arugement, according to your logic, most whites with slave-owing ancestor must support slavery? Here's Planned Parenthood actual mission statement: http://www.plannedparenthood.org/abo...ision-4837.htm


    Now that you've let us know the sky is falling, perhaps you can list those "essential services" provided exclusively by PP.
    Again, the logical fallacies. Where did I say anything about "the sky is falling" or ""essential services" provided exclusively by PP". Do you not understand that argueing against arguements you make up yourself is useless and quite pitiful.
    Quote Originally Posted by Free_Radical View Post

    And I wasn't making an appeal to authority, I was making an appeal to the philosophical body of work of the founders, the worth and content of which should be well-known to anyone with a cursory understanding of basic history and philosophy.

    Brian

  10. #80
    Educator Schutzengel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Florida, USA
    Last Seen
    04-20-13 @ 11:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    719

    re: Court: Texas can cut off Planned Parenthood funds[W:104, W:111]

    Quote Originally Posted by Furiounova View Post
    The EP did not free the slaves in the North.
    Sanger's racism, while grotesque, is not just cause to throw out PP and it isn't committing genocide. Goodness. Get a grip and drop the hyperbole.
    16,000,000 isnt genocide?

    The black population in america is actually in decline with whites stabilizing and hispanics growing...

    well except for the hispanic population growth this is exactly what Maggie "the racist" Sanger wanted.
    History does not long entrust the care of freedom to the weak or timid. - Ike

    Tea is better for you than Kool-Aid.

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •