Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 29

Thread: Romney calls on Rep. Akin to drop Senate bid over 'rape' comments

  1. #11
    Professor
    00timh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    upstate NY
    Last Seen
    01-24-14 @ 08:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,318

    Re: Romney calls on Rep. Akin to drop Senate bid over 'rape' comments

    Good lord, how can someone poorly articulate with the words legitimate rape???? And I really do not think that Romney needs any kudos for telling the guy to step down. Anyone of any type of functioning brain should be able to say this. You can slip a sentence here or there, I get that, but not when you say something the way Akin did. And it wasn't just some sloppy babble that came out wrong when he meant to say another word because he went on to talk about some bat **** craziness about a woman's body shutting down the pregnancy. WTH?

  2. #12
    Sage
    OpportunityCost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    16,813

    Re: Romney calls on Rep. Akin to drop Senate bid over 'rape' comments

    Everyone has asked this guy to step down.
    GOP is pulling all support and conservative PACs are yanking ads.

    If the establishment tries to double around and back this guy, there will be hell to pay in more than one way.

  3. #13
    Advisor Another Lurker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Uncle Joe's state
    Last Seen
    09-01-12 @ 10:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    319

    Re: Romney calls on Rep. Akin to drop Senate bid over 'rape' comments

    Quote Originally Posted by Crosscheck View Post
    It was not a gaff. A gaff is mistaking a foreign country's leader's name or a number.
    Really? Then what do you call Uncle Joe's foibles?

    A L

  4. #14
    Sage
    Crosscheck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:34 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    6,481

    Re: Romney calls on Rep. Akin to drop Senate bid over 'rape' comments

    Quote Originally Posted by Another Lurker View Post
    Really? Then what do you call Uncle Joe's foibles?

    A L
    Yeah, I got a brother-in-law who works at Sears in the tool dept.

  5. #15
    Student GJ Flash's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-13-17 @ 10:46 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    196
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Romney calls on Rep. Akin to drop Senate bid over 'rape' comments

    Quote Originally Posted by Another Lurker View Post
    Really? Then what do you call Uncle Joe's foibles?
    A L
    Today he compared the GOP to squealing pigs. Squealing pigs who want to reinstitute slavey, I assume.
    I love our Uncle Joe. He's the gaffe that keeps on giving. It chills me to picture him as President, though.

    Quote Originally Posted by ChuckBerry View Post
    Because November election that's why.
    Pretty much, because had he not denounced Akin's comments it would have been headline news for the rest of the week, the main topic of discussion on the Sunday morning political shows, and the subject of at least three attack ads. Michael Moore would have probably made a movie.

    Akin is a moron, not just for his comments, not just for his willingness to spew them out to millions of voters, but also because he's just stupid, politically speaking. If you want to succeed in politics, you need a filter between your brain and your mouth. I guess Biden would be the exception that proves the rule.

  6. #16
    Advisor
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Last Seen
    10-30-14 @ 06:26 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    497

    Re: Romney calls on Rep. Akin to drop Senate bid over 'rape' comments

    Re: Akin
    Meh, so what? These are just the sorts of things I've come to expect extreme social conservatives think and say. This isn't much more reprehensible than Republicans urging us to kick seniors and the poor out of the hospitals and into the streets to pay for a small fraction of the tax cuts they plan to give banksters.

  7. #17
    User
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Brooklyn's ambassador to West Texas
    Last Seen
    09-04-12 @ 06:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    16

    Re: Romney calls on Rep. Akin to drop Senate bid over 'rape' comments

    I think Akin's only shot is to play the role of principled rebel. Double down on what he said and accuse the GOP -- which already cut support -- of being weak-kneed moderates when defending the unborn. He should state that rape should not excuse the murder of the innocent unborn. It won't fully undo the damage he caused himself by mentioning "legitimate rape," but the pivot might win back support from the social conservatives while the streak might convince some tea partiers. Not that I agree with such a stance, but if I were his campaign manager, I can't think of a better move right now.

  8. #18
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    San Diego
    Last Seen
    04-29-14 @ 09:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    700

    Re: Romney calls on Rep. Akin to drop Senate bid over 'rape' comments

    I don't see why Akin has to quit the race. Most republicans beliefs are inline with Akin. The only reason this is an issue now because Akin got caught. I say let him run.

  9. #19
    Guru
    cAPSLOCK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Dallas Texas
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:30 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    2,928
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Romney calls on Rep. Akin to drop Senate bid over 'rape' comments

    Quote Originally Posted by Vallista View Post
    I don't see why Akin has to quit the race. Most republicans beliefs are inline with Akin. The only reason this is an issue now because Akin got caught. I say let him run.
    Right wingers rise up here and throughout the country as one voice to rebuke this man and you have the audacity to be such a doof?

    I think the right can be commended for their swift rejection of this tool's statement.

  10. #20
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    San Diego
    Last Seen
    04-29-14 @ 09:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    700

    Re: Romney calls on Rep. Akin to drop Senate bid over 'rape' comments

    Quote Originally Posted by cAPSLOCK View Post
    Right wingers rise up here and throughout the country as one voice to rebuke this man and you have the audacity to be such a doof?

    I think the right can be commended for their swift rejection of this tool's statement.
    What is the problem with what I said. Paul co-sponsored a bill with Akin, I know the bill was defeated. It does prove what I'm saying. Republicans have always believe a woman should carry a birth to term even in the case of rape or incense. I'm wrong? Get a clue. If Akin believes in his this then why can't he continue to run? Why does he have to bow his head to Republicans at ever wimp? Please.................

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •