Page 9 of 40 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 399

Thread: Valedictorian denied high school diploma for saying hell in speech

  1. #81
    Sage
    Guy Incognito's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Last Seen
    12-02-17 @ 07:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    11,216

    Re: Valedictorian denied high school diploma for saying hell in speech

    Quote Originally Posted by Das Sozialist View Post
    No. You're trying to claim that Schools can hold diplomas until granted and can rescind them afterwards as well. It's your job to prove your statement, not mine.
    Nothing I do or do not do will alter the fact that you are wrong.

  2. #82
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Long Island, New York
    Last Seen
    10-12-14 @ 05:21 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    407

    Re: Valedictorian denied high school diploma for saying hell in speech

    Quote Originally Posted by Guy Incognito View Post
    Nothing I do or do not do will alter the fact that you are wrong.
    You claim I'm wrong, yet have nothing to back it up with. Why not prove your statement?

  3. #83
    Sage
    Guy Incognito's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Last Seen
    12-02-17 @ 07:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    11,216

    Re: Valedictorian denied high school diploma for saying hell in speech

    Quote Originally Posted by Das Sozialist View Post
    You claim I'm wrong, yet have nothing to back it up with. Why not prove your statement?
    More than a mere claim, this is a fact. You are, in fact, wrong. No amount of huffing and puffing by you will change this fact. Your wrongness is eternal.

  4. #84
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Long Island, New York
    Last Seen
    10-12-14 @ 05:21 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    407

    Re: Valedictorian denied high school diploma for saying hell in speech

    Quote Originally Posted by Guy Incognito View Post
    More than a mere claim, this is a fact. You are, in fact, wrong. No amount of huffing and puffing by you will change this fact. Your wrongness is eternal.
    And I am wrong how? Do you have a reason? Proof? A source? Or am I wrong because you say so and your word is law? 'In fact' means there's a fact behind your statement. There is not.

  5. #85
    Sage
    Guy Incognito's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Last Seen
    12-02-17 @ 07:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    11,216

    Re: Valedictorian denied high school diploma for saying hell in speech

    Quote Originally Posted by Das Sozialist View Post
    And I am wrong how? Do you have a reason? Proof? A source? Or am I wrong because you say so and your word is law?
    You are wrong because you have made assertions that are contrary to fact. These false assertions of yours form the basis of your wrongness.
    Last edited by Guy Incognito; 08-21-12 at 12:11 PM.

  6. #86
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Long Island, New York
    Last Seen
    10-12-14 @ 05:21 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    407

    Re: Valedictorian denied high school diploma for saying hell in speech

    Quote Originally Posted by Guy Incognito View Post
    You are wrong because you have made assertions that are contrary to fact. Head false assertions of yours form the basis of your wrongness.
    Which assertions are those? And which facts are those that they're contrary to?

  7. #87
    Advisor Another Lurker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Uncle Joe's state
    Last Seen
    09-01-12 @ 10:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    319

    Re: Valedictorian denied high school diploma for saying hell in speech

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    How many times do I have to say it? We still haven't verified that wrongful behavior took place. I knew I'd have to repeat myself. You're so sure that some policy or rule has been violated but there's nothing to demonstrate that, I've yet to see and you've yet to actually see this school's policies and rules. Hell even the superintendent is saying the reason is confidential, which could mean anything or it could mean nothing but it doesn't show that some policy has been violated.

    Now, please continue to talk about some rule or policy being violated without even knowing if such a rule or policy exists.
    I am with the Wise One on this. The Superintendant making the statement that the reason is "confidential" only proves that he is a carbon copy of Harry Reid. Would I ever believe this Superintendant ... not in this lifetime, unless he opens up the "confidential" rule. Why do the secret acusations of the Spanish Inquistion come to mind? Why does the Sixth Amendment come to mind?

    Show us the 'rule' that the girl broke.

    A L

  8. #88
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Long Island, New York
    Last Seen
    10-12-14 @ 05:21 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    407

    Re: Valedictorian denied high school diploma for saying hell in speech

    According to the handbook of the school the Valedictorian is from, there is no mention of a rule prohibiting profanity in a classroom or at a graduation ceremony.

    Prague High School, OK, Student Handbook 2012-2013
    Last edited by Das Sozialist; 08-21-12 at 12:13 PM.

  9. #89
    Advisor Another Lurker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Uncle Joe's state
    Last Seen
    09-01-12 @ 10:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    319

    Re: Valedictorian denied high school diploma for saying hell in speech

    Quote Originally Posted by Das Sozialist View Post
    According to the school handbook the Valedictorian is from, there is no mention of a rule prohibiting profanity in a classroom or at a graduation ceremony.

    Prague High School, OK, Student Handbook 2012-2013
    But ... but ... but ... she broke a CONFIDENTIAL rule.

    A L

  10. #90
    Sage
    Somerville's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    On an island. Not that one!
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:28 PM
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    9,843

    Re: Valedictorian denied high school diploma for saying hell in speech

    Quote Originally Posted by Guy Incognito View Post
    She was given a chance to apologize for breaking to rule, which, if she had done so, would have allowed her to get the diploma. She refused to apologize, and opted to simply demand her diploma despite the fact that she broke the rule. Never mind that she is in no position to make demands, she rebuffed the generosity of the school to permit her to simply write out an apology. Why on earth would anyone support or encourage this kind of behavior?
    Guy Incognito has claimed the young lady "broke the rules" by using the word hell in her graduation speech. Just one problem - there is no rule that would seem to cover her 'offense' in the rather detailed set of rules for Prague High students. The pettiness of the principal's behaviour causes me to think there may be some other reason behind his refusal to hand over her well-earned diploma. Like many other intelligent students Ms Nootbaar may have at one time or the other mentioned that she had questions about locally popular religious beliefs. Simply questioning religion causes some to react in non-logical manner.


    But the greatest irony in this matter and the one which causes me to think religion has something to do with the problem - is the school mascot

    pic90_knvztl.jpg
    “And I have no doubt that every new example will succeed, as every past one has done, in shewing that religion & Govt will both exist in greater purity, the less they are mixed together.”
    ~ James Madison, letter to Edward Livingston, July 10, 1822

Page 9 of 40 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •