Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Brandon Scott Lavergne Pleads Guilty To Murder Of Mickey Shunick

  1. #1
    Klattu Verata Nicto
    LaMidRighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    30,534

    Brandon Scott Lavergne Pleads Guilty To Murder Of Mickey Shunick

    Story is here: Brandon Scott Lavergne Pleads Guilty To Murder Of Mickey Shunick

    Even though this is more of a local story it did get some national attention(much appreciated by the way). This "man's" arrest has forced multiple cold murder cases to be opened, dating back to the late 1990s. If you have a weak stomach I advise you NOT to read Lavernge's recall of the Shunick murder, it was brutal and graphic. This coward only came around to produce the last victim's remains to spare his own worthless life. This POS is also now a suspect in a Texas dissappearance as well, god knows how many people he has hurt, thank you national community for the attention, and may justice be done.

    The recount is here, but again if you don't want to be repulsed skip this part.
    According to the account in court, Brandon Scott Lavergne followed Mickey into a residential area near Blackham Coliseum, where he hit the back of her bike with his truck and then forced her into the truck with him. She grabbed her cell phone to call 9-1-1 and Lavergne threatened her with his knife.

    She sprayed him with mace that she carried with her and took the knife from Lavergne. Shunick then stabbed him, but Lavergne grabbed the knife by the blade and stabbed her four times, causing her to pass out. Thinking she was dead, he took her to a field where he intended to dump her body. She then came to and stabbed Lavergne several times. He then took a gun that he had in the truck and fired it once into her head, killing her.

    After her death, he took her backpack and other materials and burned them. He then dumped her body and left for the New Orleans area, dumping her bike in the Whiskey Bay area on his way through. After pictures of the truck were released, he took the truck to Texas and burned it, buying a new truck after that.
    Last edited by LaMidRighter; 08-17-12 at 03:35 PM. Reason: Additional info.
    Neither side in an argument can find the truth when both make an absolute claim on it.

    LMR

  2. #2
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,461

    Re: Brandon Scott Lavergne Pleads Guilty To Murder Of Mickey Shunick

    Time for that dude to get a needle in his arm.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  3. #3
    Klattu Verata Nicto
    LaMidRighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    30,534

    Re: Brandon Scott Lavergne Pleads Guilty To Murder Of Mickey Shunick

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Time for that dude to get a needle in his arm.
    He plead out, life in prison for the Louisiana charges. I don't blame our D.A.'s office for that though, it was the only way to get the poor girl's body back. What I would hope is that the latest Texas dissappearance nets new charges that he could be executed for. I HATE that he had the opportunity to save his own life, but understand so that those poor folks could get closure.
    Neither side in an argument can find the truth when both make an absolute claim on it.

    LMR

  4. #4
    Professor
    Billy the Kid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 02:29 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,449

    Re: Brandon Scott Lavergne Pleads Guilty To Murder Of Mickey Shunick

    Quote Originally Posted by LaMidRighter View Post
    Story is here: Brandon Scott Lavergne Pleads Guilty To Murder Of Mickey Shunick

    Even though this is more of a local story it did get some national attention(much appreciated by the way). This "man's" arrest has forced multiple cold murder cases to be opened, dating back to the late 1990s. If you have a weak stomach I advise you NOT to read Lavernge's recall of the Shunick murder, it was brutal and graphic. This coward only came around to produce the last victim's remains to spare his own worthless life. This POS is also now a suspect in a Texas dissappearance as well, god knows how many people he has hurt, thank you national community for the attention, and may justice be done.

    The recount is here, but again if you don't want to be repulsed skip this part.

    This guy is a waste of food, water and space. I can only hope he gets what he gave to this lady during his prision stay.
    "Socialism is a philosophy of failure, the creed of ignorance, and the gospel of envy; it's inherent virtue is the equal sharing of misery." Winston Churchill

  5. #5
    Klattu Verata Nicto
    LaMidRighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    30,534

    Re: Brandon Scott Lavergne Pleads Guilty To Murder Of Mickey Shunick

    Quote Originally Posted by Billy the Kid View Post
    This guy is a waste of food, water and space. I can only hope he gets what he gave to this lady during his prision stay.
    He got to plead out this time, but there are cold cases being looked at and a missing Texas girl, the truck in question for the Texas incident was similar to the one police here searched for and it's known the guy had family in that area. Hopefully Texas authorities can get him and make a death sentence case, our local hands were tied because we had to at least find the girl's body. It's horrible that scum like him have the upper hand in situations like this, but at least the family has closure.
    Neither side in an argument can find the truth when both make an absolute claim on it.

    LMR

  6. #6
    Professor
    Billy the Kid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 02:29 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,449

    Re: Brandon Scott Lavergne Pleads Guilty To Murder Of Mickey Shunick

    Quote Originally Posted by LaMidRighter View Post
    He got to plead out this time, but there are cold cases being looked at and a missing Texas girl, the truck in question for the Texas incident was similar to the one police here searched for and it's known the guy had family in that area. Hopefully Texas authorities can get him and make a death sentence case, our local hands were tied because we had to at least find the girl's body. It's horrible that scum like him have the upper hand in situations like this, but at least the family has closure.

    I'm sure the families of these other women, if his guy did, it will see him pay the ultimate price.
    "Socialism is a philosophy of failure, the creed of ignorance, and the gospel of envy; it's inherent virtue is the equal sharing of misery." Winston Churchill

  7. #7
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,909

    Re: Brandon Scott Lavergne Pleads Guilty To Murder Of Mickey Shunick

    Quote Originally Posted by LaMidRighter View Post
    He got to plead out this time, but there are cold cases being looked at and a missing Texas girl, the truck in question for the Texas incident was similar to the one police here searched for and it's known the guy had family in that area. Hopefully Texas authorities can get him and make a death sentence case, our local hands were tied because we had to at least find the girl's body. It's horrible that scum like him have the upper hand in situations like this, but at least the family has closure.
    If he has killed others, I hope so. Seems odd that he would wait a decade+ between murders.

    I hope he lives a very long and exciting life in prison.

    Mickey was quite a fighter, wasn't she? Apparently, the 1999 victim was too.

  8. #8
    Klattu Verata Nicto
    LaMidRighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    30,534

    Re: Brandon Scott Lavergne Pleads Guilty To Murder Of Mickey Shunick

    Quote Originally Posted by nota bene View Post
    If he has killed others, I hope so. Seems odd that he would wait a decade+ between murders.

    I hope he lives a very long and exciting life in prison.

    Mickey was quite a fighter, wasn't she? Apparently, the 1999 victim was too.
    She definitely was a fighter, and the community is proud of her for at least making a stand though we'd obviously rather she still be with her family. I think this guy was an opportunity killer, but his target perception was pretty bad, it amazes me that there was never enough DNA to match him to Pate if she fought so hard. Then again it could have degraded due to decay, she was found because a vacant property was purchased. What amazes me is the guy was a convicted sex offender prior to some of the incidents, he was convicted of oral sexual battery but only got 8 of 10 years. He should have not been let out of prison until at least he couldn't physically be capable of doing anything again to others, if not life.

    This guy went to the trouble of trying to bribe a DMV official to issue him a non SO plate/license, burned his truck(but bought another similar one like a dummy), he even went to the trouble of going all over the state to mess up the triangulation. The guy made every effort to cover his crimes up but was such a coward that he readily took the plead deal, that may backfire on him if he's involved in the Texas case though.
    Neither side in an argument can find the truth when both make an absolute claim on it.

    LMR

  9. #9
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,461

    Re: Brandon Scott Lavergne Pleads Guilty To Murder Of Mickey Shunick

    Quote Originally Posted by LaMidRighter View Post
    She definitely was a fighter, and the community is proud of her for at least making a stand though we'd obviously rather she still be with her family. I think this guy was an opportunity killer, but his target perception was pretty bad, it amazes me that there was never enough DNA to match him to Pate if she fought so hard. Then again it could have degraded due to decay, she was found because a vacant property was purchased. What amazes me is the guy was a convicted sex offender prior to some of the incidents, he was convicted of oral sexual battery but only got 8 of 10 years. He should have not been let out of prison until at least he couldn't physically be capable of doing anything again to others, if not life.

    This guy went to the trouble of trying to bribe a DMV official to issue him a non SO plate/license, burned his truck(but bought another similar one like a dummy), he even went to the trouble of going all over the state to mess up the triangulation. The guy made every effort to cover his crimes up but was such a coward that he readily took the plead deal, that may backfire on him if he's involved in the Texas case though.
    I didn't realize the dude had told them where the body was. I remember they found her in Evangeline Parish, but I thought they were going on a tip from a citizen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  10. #10
    Klattu Verata Nicto
    LaMidRighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    30,534

    Re: Brandon Scott Lavergne Pleads Guilty To Murder Of Mickey Shunick

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    I didn't realize the dude had told them where the body was. I remember they found her in Evangeline Parish, but I thought they were going on a tip from a citizen.
    Yep, in fact there was a story this week about him being checked out of detention for "a few hours". It was about then I realized he was in the middle of a plea deal.
    Neither side in an argument can find the truth when both make an absolute claim on it.

    LMR

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •