Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 112

Thread: Executive order from Governor Jan Brewer blocks IDs, benefits for illegal immigrants

  1. #1
    Sage
    jamesrage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    A place where common sense exists
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 09:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    31,067

    Executive order from Governor Jan Brewer blocks IDs, benefits for illegal immigrants

    I hope other states follow suit. The easiest way of doing that is to require that in order to get and or renew a driver's licenses/IDs you must show birth certificate or a certificate of naturalization and a social security card an then require that in order to enroll into school,enroll kids into school, get welfare,voter registration, foodstamps,business license and another else you must present your Arizona state issued ID and social security card.This way no one can fraudulently claim their is racial profiling. Besides that federal law already bans illegals from getting benefits.



    Executive order from Governor Jan Brewer blocks IDs, benefits for illegal immigrants
    PHOENIX - Arizona Gov. Jan Brewer has signed an executive order directing state agencies to deny driver's licenses and other public benefits to young illegal immigrants who obtain work authorizations under a new Obama administration program.
    Brewer's order issued Wednesday says she's reaffirming the intent of current Arizona law denying taxpayer-funded public benefits and state identification to illegal immigrants.

    snip...

    Brewer's order says the program's federal paperwork doesn't confer lawful status on illegal immigrants and won't entitle them to Arizona public benefits.
    She directs state agencies to start emergency rulemaking processes as necessary to implement her order.

    "A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murder is less to fear"

    Cicero Marcus Tullius

  2. #2
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Executive order from Governor Jan Brewer blocks IDs, benefits for illegal immigra

    Well it will be interesting to see where this goes
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  3. #3
    Sage
    OpportunityCost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    16,738

    Re: Executive order from Governor Jan Brewer blocks IDs, benefits for illegal immigra

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    Well it will be interesting to see where this goes
    SCOTUS, no doubt.

  4. #4
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Executive order from Governor Jan Brewer blocks IDs, benefits for illegal immigra

    Quote Originally Posted by OpportunityCost View Post
    SCOTUS, no doubt.
    Likely. I hold no hope for State's rights here.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  5. #5
    Sage
    Khayembii Communique's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Milwaukee, WI
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:30 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    7,887

    Re: Executive order from Governor Jan Brewer blocks IDs, benefits for illegal immigra

    The best way to get rid of illegals, after all, is to just kill them.
    "I do not claim that every incident in the history of empire can be explained in directly economic terms. Economic interests are filtered through a political process, policies are implemented by a complex state apparatus, and the whole system generates its own momentum."

  6. #6
    Sage
    jamesrage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    A place where common sense exists
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 09:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    31,067

    Re: Executive order from Governor Jan Brewer blocks IDs, benefits for illegal immigra

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    Well it will be interesting to see where this goes
    Maybe the justice department will do the same there like they are with this illegal trying to get a license to practice law.Although under Obama's back door amnesty they would be here legally.

    Justice Department opposes illegal immigrant's bid to practice law - latimes.com
    In a brief to the California Supreme Court, theU.S. Department of Justicesaid federal law prohibits giving a public benefit, such as a bar license, to an "unlawfully present alien."

    The federal law was "plainly designed to preclude undocumented aliens from receiving commercial and professional licenses issued by states and the federal government," a lawyer for the Justice Department wrote in a brief requested by the state high court.
    "A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murder is less to fear"

    Cicero Marcus Tullius

  7. #7
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Executive order from Governor Jan Brewer blocks IDs, benefits for illegal immigra

    Quote Originally Posted by jamesrage View Post
    Maybe the justice department will do the same there like they are with this illegal trying to get a license to practice law.Although under Obama's back door amnesty they would be here legally.

    Justice Department opposes illegal immigrant's bid to practice law - latimes.com
    In a brief to the California Supreme Court, theU.S. Department of Justicesaid federal law prohibits giving a public benefit, such as a bar license, to an "unlawfully present alien."
    Maybe. I'm gonna go with Arizona being forced to adhere to the law and I'm going to go with Interstate Commerce as being the excuse. It has no rational place being there, but man do the courts love that one.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  8. #8
    Sage


    MaggieD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Chicago Area
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    43,243
    Blog Entries
    43

    Re: Executive order from Governor Jan Brewer blocks IDs, benefits for illegal immigra

    Quote Originally Posted by jamesrage View Post
    I hope other states follow suit. The easiest way of doing that is to require that in order to get and or renew a driver's licenses/IDs you must show birth certificate or a certificate of naturalization and a social security card an then require that in order to enroll into school,enroll kids into school, get welfare,voter registration, foodstamps,business license and another else you must present your Arizona state issued ID and social security card.This way no one can fraudulently claim their is racial profiling. Besides that federal law already bans illegals from getting benefits.



    Executive order from Governor Jan Brewer blocks IDs, benefits for illegal immigrants
    PHOENIX - Arizona Gov. Jan Brewer has signed an executive order directing state agencies to deny driver's licenses and other public benefits to young illegal immigrants who obtain work authorizations under a new Obama administration program.
    Brewer's order issued Wednesday says she's reaffirming the intent of current Arizona law denying taxpayer-funded public benefits and state identification to illegal immigrants.

    snip...

    Brewer's order says the program's federal paperwork doesn't confer lawful status on illegal immigrants and won't entitle them to Arizona public benefits.
    She directs state agencies to start emergency rulemaking processes as necessary to implement her order.

    We have a real serious conflict of state vs federal with immigration. I'm sick of the federal government interfering with states who are having real problems with their illegal population. The Feds ought to keep their noses out of it. Enough already!
    The devil whispered in my ear, "You cannot withstand the storm." I whispered back, "I am ​the storm."

  9. #9
    Sage
    jamesrage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    A place where common sense exists
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 09:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    31,067

    Re: Executive order from Governor Jan Brewer blocks IDs, benefits for illegal immigra

    Quote Originally Posted by MaggieD View Post
    We have a real serious conflict of state vs federal with immigration. I'm sick of the federal government interfering with states who are having real problems with their illegal population. The Feds ought to keep their noses out of it. Enough already!
    I agree.Its not the feds who pays for these illegals.Its the tax payers in every state who are having to pay to deal with these illegals.
    "A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murder is less to fear"

    Cicero Marcus Tullius

  10. #10
    Sewer Rat
    Risky Thicket's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:32 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,803

    Re: Executive order from Governor Jan Brewer blocks IDs, benefits for illegal immigra

    This one is a bit more complex than the regular dumbassery that comes from Governor Brewer and the legislature here in Teapartia. Border states including Florida have had to follow federal mandates for years that, briefly explained, meant border states were not provided with funding to offset the costs of admitting/ignoring/whatever illegals. In other words the feds made the policies of inclusion for all states but did not provide money to the border states which provided services and benefits disproportionately to illegals. This has gone on for many years, i.e, long than the Obama Administration. It's always been an issue, but now times are different. Border states, especially can't foot the bills without lots of federal help. Ain't no federal help coming.

    Arizona has a lot of illegals. They are costing the state and local infrastructure beau coup money. Illegals generally have a higher rate of criminal activity than legal citizens. It is NOT about race in that regard. It is about gainful employment and a chance to grab the brass ring, except the brass ring is gone now. You don't generally see educated and/or skilled workers who are employed and have community commitments stealing **** out of parked cars, robbing people, breaking into homes, yada, yada.

    Many, many people have come to America from other countries and worked their way up. It WAS the American way. Even young Americans are finding it difficult these days.

    Crime would decrease if poverty decreased. That's just the cold hard truth. Many, maybe most, illegals are poor. My Hispanic friends who live in or have family living in the barrios tell me that crime is greater in their neighborhoods because there are more illegals there. Makes sense. They blend in in predominant Hispanic neighborhoods. At the same time there are many good illegals who are working and doing all they can to make it here. If you don't already know, Mexicans are some of the hardest working people on earth.

    I support Obama's policy of offering amnesty to the children of illegals with the stipulations as they are outlined. Those kids are not here by choice. Most speak English as their first language. Many have never been to Mexico. Some don't speak Spanish. If they meet the criteria, they should be allowed to stay.

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •