Page 25 of 28 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast
Results 241 to 250 of 271

Thread: Israel Plans Iran Strike; Citizens Say Government Serious [W:52]

  1. #241
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: Israel Plans Iran Strike; Citizens Say Government Serious [W:52]

    Quote Originally Posted by Canell View Post
    As we all know, the road to hell is paved with good intentions.

    Possible war with Iran could be month-long affair: Israel minister | Top News | Reuters
    They said the war on Iraq would be a cakewalk and we were there almost a decade.
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  2. #242
    King of Videos
    dirtpoorchris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    WA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,001

    Re: Israel Plans Iran Strike; Citizens Say Government Serious [W:52]

    Im pretty sure that when the time comes USA will just leave Israel hangin the same way they did to Germany.
    I'm Finding it Harder to be a Gentleman, White Stripes ~ "You think I care about me and only me. When every girl needs help climbing up a tree."

  3. #243
    Sage
    Sherman123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Northeast US
    Last Seen
    11-23-17 @ 11:12 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    7,774

    Re: Israel Plans Iran Strike; Citizens Say Government Serious [W:52]

    Quote Originally Posted by PaulBot415 View Post
    because if The communist powers went to war with the United States it is inevitable that countries such as Great Britain, France, India, Japan etc. will become involved because of one perceived threat or another. Besides what do you see as advantageous about getting involved in another conflict, do you work for a private munitions firm? Defense contractor maybe? Not to mention, what has Israel or Iran done for us lately?
    Why on EARTH would the 'communist powers' get involved in a war with the US? What are you talking about?

  4. #244
    Sage
    EagleAye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Last Seen
    03-28-13 @ 09:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    5,697

    Re: Israel Plans Iran Strike; Citizens Say Government Serious [W:52]

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    They said the war on Iraq would be a cakewalk and we were there almost a decade.
    The "war" part WAS a cakewalk. The hanging around trying to bring democracy to people ill-equipped to manage it and not really wanting it anyway part, was what sucked and took ten years and too much money.
    Check out my Blog http://momusnews.wordpress.com/
    Sherry's Photography site: http://www.sheywicklundphotos.com/

  5. #245
    Sage

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    8,351

    Re: Israel Plans Iran Strike; Citizens Say Government Serious [W:52]

    Quote Originally Posted by EagleAye View Post
    The "war" part WAS a cakewalk. The hanging around trying to bring democracy to people ill-equipped to manage it and not really wanting it anyway part, was what sucked and took ten years and too much money.
    And yet Obama has still not learned this lesson. He still has nearly 100K troops in Afghanistan where it seems more of our troops are killed by government forces than the Taliban.

    If this was a Republican administration, the left would be in the street over this.

  6. #246
    Sage
    EagleAye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Last Seen
    03-28-13 @ 09:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    5,697

    Re: Israel Plans Iran Strike; Citizens Say Government Serious [W:52]

    Quote Originally Posted by washunut View Post
    And yet Obama has still not learned this lesson. He still has nearly 100K troops in Afghanistan where it seems more of our troops are killed by government forces than the Taliban.

    If this was a Republican administration, the left would be in the street over this.
    I think you're right. Still, I think he wants to get us out, but just like in Iraq, we don't have a good exit strategy. The Taliban and other sundry groups are just waiting us out at this point. They know they can't win toe-to-toe with the US. So instead they wait under cover in their rat holes. They'll nibble around the edges, sacrificing the young among their numbers to claim they're still fighting, but accomplishing almost nothing. When the US leaves, they'll just claim victory. It's hard to have a good exit strategy to defeat that kind of propaganda.
    Check out my Blog http://momusnews.wordpress.com/
    Sherry's Photography site: http://www.sheywicklundphotos.com/

  7. #247
    long standing member
    justabubba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,129

    Re: Israel Plans Iran Strike; Citizens Say Government Serious [W:52]

    Quote Originally Posted by EagleAye View Post
    I think you're right. Still, I think he wants to get us out, but just like in Iraq, we don't have a good exit strategy. The Taliban and other sundry groups are just waiting us out at this point. They know they can't win toe-to-toe with the US. So instead they wait under cover in their rat holes. They'll nibble around the edges, sacrificing the young among their numbers to claim they're still fighting, but accomplishing almost nothing. When the US leaves, they'll just claim victory. It's hard to have a good exit strategy to defeat that kind of propaganda.

    something similar could have been written 236 years ago:
    the colonists know they can't win toe-to-toe with the british. so instead of facing us in formation they wait under cover of the woods. they'll nibble around the edges, sacrificing the young among their numbers to claim they're still fighting, but accomplishing almost nothing. when the brits leave, they'll just claim victory.

    how did that turn out?
    [let me know if you need help with an answer]
    we are negotiating about dividing a pizza and in the meantime israel is eating it
    once you're over the hill you begin to pick up speed

  8. #248
    Sage
    EagleAye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Last Seen
    03-28-13 @ 09:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    5,697

    Re: Israel Plans Iran Strike; Citizens Say Government Serious [W:52]

    Quote Originally Posted by justabubba View Post
    something similar could have been written 236 years ago:
    the colonists know they can't win toe-to-toe with the british. so instead of facing us in formation they wait under cover of the woods. they'll nibble around the edges, sacrificing the young among their numbers to claim they're still fighting, but accomplishing almost nothing. when the brits leave, they'll just claim victory.

    how did that turn out?
    [let me know if you need help with an answer]
    Much is made about American hit and run tactics in the revolutionary war, but that wasn't what won the war for us. Facing them squarely did win it.
    The traditional enemy of the colonists was the Indian. The tactics used to fight the Indians were quite different from those of massed European armies. Our use of Indian tactics inflicted numerous casualties upon the British, but if did not win battles.

    It wasn't until the Continental Army, and to a lesser degree, the militia, mastered the art of 18th century warfare - - - standing in ranks and trading volleys and finally capturing the battle field at bayonet point, did we start winning battles.

    With the loss of one third of their men, the British never forgot the lessons learned at Bunker Hill. They were always cautious about attacking Americans when in fortified positions. But, by the later stages of the war, the lines of the blue clad, battle hardened, American Continentals also struck terror in their hearts.
    Revolutionary War - Military Tactics
    Check out my Blog http://momusnews.wordpress.com/
    Sherry's Photography site: http://www.sheywicklundphotos.com/

  9. #249
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: Israel Plans Iran Strike; Citizens Say Government Serious [W:52]

    Quote Originally Posted by EagleAye View Post
    The "war" part WAS a cakewalk. The hanging around trying to bring democracy to people ill-equipped to manage it and not really wanting it anyway part, was what sucked and took ten years and too much money.
    Just like with Iran, no one divulged that was the plan before the war.
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  10. #250
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: Israel Plans Iran Strike; Citizens Say Government Serious [W:52]

    Quote Originally Posted by washunut View Post
    And yet Obama has still not learned this lesson. He still has nearly 100K troops in Afghanistan where it seems more of our troops are killed by government forces than the Taliban.

    If this was a Republican administration, the left would be in the street over this.
    Yes, I wish we had a liberal in office as well. Who is the viable candidate proposing a quicker withdrawal?
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

Page 25 of 28 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •