Page 20 of 28 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast
Results 191 to 200 of 271

Thread: Israel Plans Iran Strike; Citizens Say Government Serious [W:52]

  1. #191
    Guru

    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Last Seen
    06-28-17 @ 10:30 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,909

    Re: Israel Plans Iran Strike; Citizens Say Government Serious [W:52]

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    They had to deal with Russia and China in 67 and 73. Didn't seem to slow them down, then. I must admit, though, the IDF is a totally different army than it was in 73 and prior.

    Bar Lev and Dayan aren't here anymore; hopefully there is some unknown, untested IDF general that will fill the shoes.
    Today is different technology and tactics. I have every confidence that they would be effective regarding their goals.

  2. #192
    Student John.NoseTip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Music City
    Last Seen
    10-17-12 @ 08:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    287

    Re: Israel Plans Iran Strike; Citizens Say Government Serious [W:52]

    Quote Originally Posted by washunut View Post
    Where did I hear this type of talk before. Oh yes, it was in Europe talking about Hitler. Who cares if he knocks over a few countries or kiils some Jews, as long as leaves us alone. How did that work out?

    Not sure why anyone who does care about the potential of another holocaust would vote with the progressive view on this. Whether it is in the ME, Africa or anywhere.
    There it is. Same old bull****. Iran hasn't invaded a country in several hundred years so comparing to two is absurd. If all else fails bring up the holocaust and scream Hitler. That song and dance is getting really old.

  3. #193
    Sage

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    8,351

    Re: Israel Plans Iran Strike; Citizens Say Government Serious [W:52]

    Quote Originally Posted by John.NoseTip View Post
    There it is. Same old bull****. Iran hasn't invaded a country in several hundred years so comparing to two is absurd. If all else fails bring up the holocaust and scream Hitler. That song and dance is getting really old.
    Couls say the same about your song and dance about how peaceful Iran is. Your point is the same old isolationist policy that has never worked out for us. It will work less well in a global world.

    Now we can officially be done with each other. Not wasting time in a debate forum with a non thinking individual.

  4. #194
    Student John.NoseTip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Music City
    Last Seen
    10-17-12 @ 08:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    287

    Re: Israel Plans Iran Strike; Citizens Say Government Serious [W:52]

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Have you ever heard of Hezbollah? Hamas?
    Yes. What's your point?

  5. #195
    global liberation

    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:12 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    66,313

    Re: Israel Plans Iran Strike; Citizens Say Government Serious [W:52]

    Quote Originally Posted by John.NoseTip View Post
    Hamas and Hezbollah are no threat to us. They might be a threat to Israel and so what. There is no reason we should fight Israel's wars.
    That wasn't the point. You claimed that the US was the one fighting proxy wars destabilizing the mideast. And you got blown out of the water. You can't just change the subject and pretend it didn't happen. You got pwnd. Bigtime.

    And let's not forget Iran's proxy war in Iraq.
    Last edited by ecofarm; 08-20-12 at 01:36 AM.

  6. #196
    Student John.NoseTip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Music City
    Last Seen
    10-17-12 @ 08:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    287

    Re: Israel Plans Iran Strike; Citizens Say Government Serious [W:52]

    Quote Originally Posted by washunut View Post
    Couls say the same about your song and dance about how peaceful Iran is. Your point is the same old isolationist policy that has never worked out for us. It will work less well in a global world.

    Now we can officially be done with each other. Not wasting time in a debate forum with a non thinking individual.
    Non thinking very nice. What isolationist policy would that be? The central american proxy wars of the 80's? the south american proxy wars of the 70's? the domino theory of the 60's? the korean war of the 50's? Iraq, Afghanistan, Syria, Yemen, Somalia and Pakistan of 2000's? So how many people do you want to kill? I know everyone that's not like you because if they're not like you then they must be non-thinking.

  7. #197
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,246

    Re: Israel Plans Iran Strike; Citizens Say Government Serious [W:52]

    Quote Originally Posted by Connery View Post
    Today is different technology and tactics. I have every confidence that they would be effective regarding their goals.
    The tactics haven't changed for thousands of years and all the technology in the world can't change the fundementals of soldiering. Soldiering, now, is just as tough as it was 2,000 years ago; that aspect of warfare will never change.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  8. #198
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,246

    Re: Israel Plans Iran Strike; Citizens Say Government Serious [W:52]

    Quote Originally Posted by washunut View Post
    Where did I hear this type of talk before. Oh yes, it was in Europe talking about Hitler. Who cares if he knocks over a few countries or kiils some Jews, as long as leaves us alone. How did that work out?

    Not sure why anyone who does care about the potential of another holocaust would vote with the progressive view on this. Whether it is in the ME, Africa or anywhere.
    Absolutely mother ****ing right!!!!

    (Liking the post just wasn't good enough.)
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  9. #199
    Student John.NoseTip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Music City
    Last Seen
    10-17-12 @ 08:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    287

    Re: Israel Plans Iran Strike; Citizens Say Government Serious [W:52]

    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    That wasn't the point. You claimed that the US was the one fighting proxy wars destabilizing the mideast. And you got blown out of the water. You can't just change the subject and pretend it didn't happen. You got pwnd. Bigtime.

    And let's not forget Iran's proxy war in Iraq.
    Hamas and Hezbollah aren't destablizing the middle east. I don't see how anyone can even suggest such a thing. They may destablize Israel but believe it or not the middle east consists of more than Israel. If you think Hamas and Hezbollah are engaged in throwing over or propping up more regimes than the U.S. I don't know what to say other than you have an interesting view of the facts.

  10. #200
    Sage
    Sherman123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Northeast US
    Last Seen
    11-23-17 @ 11:12 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    7,774

    Re: Israel Plans Iran Strike; Citizens Say Government Serious [W:52]

    Quote Originally Posted by John.NoseTip View Post
    Iran destabliizing the ME. WTF! Your must be kidding. They are not ones that have engaged in numerous wars and proxy wars. If you want to make war at least be honest about the reasons, It's not about stability. It's about BRICS and the possiblity of a new petrodollar. Here's an idea maybe we should focus on our infrastructure and trade agreements instead of trying to maintain economic advantage through military force.
    Of course they have engaged in numerous proxy wars. The laundry list extends from their material support of Hamas, their infiltration of agents and cash into Iraq, the massive supply of material, agents, and cash to Hezbollah, their facilitative ties with Syria, potential links to Houthi insurgents in Yemen, and ruminations of activity among the Shia of the Gulf. And that only covers their Westerly focus. The difference between our involvement and Iran's involvement, is that I do not take an all things are equal approach. I support our objectives and oppose Iran's objectives.

Page 20 of 28 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •