Page 16 of 22 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast
Results 151 to 160 of 213

Thread: Julian Assange will be granted asylum, says official

  1. #151
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:30 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,290
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Julian Assange will be granted asylum, says official

    Quote Originally Posted by Camlon View Post
    You have completely misunderstood what evidence is. Having evidence does not mean your case is bulletproof. For instance a witness who say she saw A did a crime is evidence, but she can be wrong.
    You have presented no evidence. The problem is not that it is not solid evidence(despite your claim that it was the case that a warrant was out for Assange), but that there is no evidence. That the Australian government thinks that the US might, in the future, issue a warrant is not evidence that the US has already issued such a warrant, and is simply a guess. That Pelosi said she wishes he was arrested is not evidence that a warrant has been issued nor that one will be issued, but that she has an opinion on the topic. To make your case, you need to show actual evidence that the US has in fact taken action. You have shown zero evidence that they have in fact done so.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  2. #152
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Oslo, Norway
    Last Seen
    07-07-16 @ 08:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    2,854

    Re: Julian Assange will be granted asylum, says official

    Quote Originally Posted by cAPSLOCK View Post
    Absolute surety.
    Doubt.

    Your song is changing, had you noticed?
    No, you misread what I wrote. I said the evidence given do not make the case bulletproof. That is evidence that US wants Assange.

    However, what really makes the case is the behaviour of Sweden who is not willing to send anyone to interview him, or give him any sort of guarantee. Also, it is very suspicious how UK is willing to spend 50K pounds per day, and storm the embassy and completely devastating their relationship with Latin America. All this for a person who didn't use a condom, and decided to take refugee in an embassy.

  3. #153
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Oslo, Norway
    Last Seen
    07-07-16 @ 08:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    2,854

    Re: Julian Assange will be granted asylum, says official

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    You have presented no evidence. The problem is not that it is not solid evidence(despite your claim that it was the case that a warrant was out for Assange), but that there is no evidence. That the Australian government thinks that the US might, in the future, issue a warrant is not evidence that the US has already issued such a warrant, and is simply a guess. That Pelosi said she wishes he was arrested is not evidence that a warrant has been issued nor that one will be issued, but that she has an opinion on the topic. To make your case, you need to show actual evidence that the US has in fact taken action. You have shown zero evidence that they have in fact done so.
    You are changing the topic. I said he was wanted in the US, not that a warrant has been issued.

    It is evidence. As said evidence do not need to be bulletproof. That Australia thinks US will issue an arrest warrent is a much better evidence that a witness in a case, but everyone call it evidence. This should be pretty clear to everyone, including you.
    Last edited by Camlon; 08-20-12 at 12:06 AM.

  4. #154
    Guru

    cAPSLOCK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Dallas Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    2,922
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Julian Assange will be granted asylum, says official

    Quote Originally Posted by Camlon View Post
    Also, it is very suspicious how UK is willing to spend 50K pounds per day, and storm the embassy and completely devastating their relationship with Latin America. All this for a person who didn't use a condom, and decided to take refugee in an embassy.
    The Ecuadorian Embassy acting counter to the will of the host country in regards to a fugitive are the ones devastating any relationships that are being devastated.

  5. #155
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Oslo, Norway
    Last Seen
    07-07-16 @ 08:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    2,854

    Re: Julian Assange will be granted asylum, says official

    Quote Originally Posted by cAPSLOCK View Post
    The Ecuadorian Embassy acting counter to the will of the host country in regards to a fugitive are the ones devastating any relationships that are being devastated.
    How about addressing the actual point instead of doing the blame game?

    Is is very questionable that UK is willing to spend 50K pounds per day for someone that didn't use a condom.
    It is very questionable that UK is willing to storm the embassy and at the same time destoy the relationship with Latin America for a man who didn't use a condom.

    It is pretty clear there are some other motives.

  6. #156
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    11-17-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,610

    Re: Julian Assange will be granted asylum, says official

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Yes, that is what we call enforcing our laws.
    Thank you, Sherlock. I'm always appreciative when people make obvious observations that are irrelevant to my argument.

    Those laws are there for a very good reason. Joe Private simply cannot make the determination as to what should be secret and what should be released to the press. If Joe Private feels something should not be classified, he does have avenues to actually address that which will provide him protection from recrimination.
    Which still does not address the point about your argument being part of the reason why governments act irresponsibly. Because of people ready to jump on whistle-blowers, governments feel more secure in acting irresponsibly because they know that they have enough to support to demonize those who defy their authority.

  7. #157
    Advisor
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    02-17-13 @ 07:40 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    338

    Re: Julian Assange will be granted asylum, says official

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    Julian is a whack job who hates government and the west. The soldier who leaked stuff to him should hang. We should whack Julian for being an enemy seeking to get american Military killed
    Why do you want to ignore the crimes of the US military?
    Why do you want to muzzle journalists?
    What is it about living in a totalitarian state that you enjoy? Do you just get off on the uniforms?

    What do you have against judicial procedure?

  8. #158
    Guru

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    In a Blue State
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    4,732

    Re: Julian Assange will be granted asylum, says official

    I am not to sure this guy is ever going to see Ecuador.
    We went from sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never hurt me to safe spaces.

  9. #159
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:30 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,290
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Julian Assange will be granted asylum, says official

    Quote Originally Posted by ThePlayDrive View Post
    Thank you, Sherlock. I'm always appreciative when people make obvious observations that are irrelevant to my argument.


    Which still does not address the point about your argument being part of the reason why governments act irresponsibly. Because of people ready to jump on whistle-blowers, governments feel more secure in acting irresponsibly because they know that they have enough to support to demonize those who defy their authority.
    People are not jumping on a whistleblower, people are jumping on some one who knowingly and willingly chose to blow a whistle in an illegal manner. That is a very large, very important distinction. If he had blown the whistle in the legal manner, he would not be in prison.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  10. #160
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Last Seen
    10-28-17 @ 06:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    15,248

    Re: Julian Assange will be granted asylum, says official

    Quote Originally Posted by monkeyloveafight View Post
    Why do you want to ignore the crimes of the US military?
    Why do you want to muzzle journalists?
    What is it about living in a totalitarian state that you enjoy? Do you just get off on the uniforms?

    What do you have against judicial procedure?
    Apparenlty not as much as Assange has against judicial procedure - at least Swedish judicial procedure. I continue to be amused by the sprited defense offered to the Austalian rapist.
    "Groups with guitars are on the way out, Mr. Epstein"

    Dick Rowe, A & R man
    Decca Records
    London, 1962

Page 16 of 22 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •